Friendlies

20 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Did he pass??

His winger got a hat trick.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Tippytoe said:

It's the trying players in different positions that concerns me and shows a lack in quality,starting the season with fill'ins.

Alternatively it shows that a 1st grade season is 30 games and robustness to injury and unavailability is important. "Fill'ins" end up playing a fair amount of the season.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Presumably your halves like miss passes, or Tony Smith has done his homework! 😂

And it was against a bunch of kids...

Have a look at my first comment re the game.

It's the first thing I pointed out.

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Was swift his winger?

spacer.png

He was yes.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Theres not many teams that have proper cover in every position, we are just unfortunate that both our starting centres are injured, most other clubs would have to use ‘fill ins’ in that situation.

Newman and who else? Fusitua, Olpherts,Mcdonald,Handley, Roberts, Tindal all wingers.

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Was that given ?

I have no idea but I rather doubt it.

Caught some footage of Bulls v Whitehaven. As the commentator (Mick Gledhill?) said at one point, Whitehaven were "being cut to ribbons". 

Bradford looked like a decent semi pro outfit, similar to how they looked against Greece. A reasonable amount of size, decent attack, good combinations, support lines etc. Whitehaven was more like what you would expect from an amateur team - a lot of them can't tackle, and virtually no linespeed on D. 

Shows the difference between the 2 leagues I suppose. 

Edited by Madrileño

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

How English of you to view backs as single position players.

TBF having seen Olpherts in a Salford shirt I can honestly say I can't imagine him playing anywhere else apart from on the wing. He can run and he can catch (most of the time!) but that's about the limit of his ability as a rugby player, he certainly doesn't have the skillset to play centre.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

TBF having seen Olpherts in a Salford shirt I can honestly say I can't imagine him playing anywhere else apart from on the wing. He can run and he can catch (most of the time!) but that's about the limit of his ability as a rugby player, he certainly doesn't have the skillset to play centre.

Im not convinced by the Olpherts signing at all, but Smith must see something in him, I know he makes a lot of tackle busts and metres, maybe that’s what he wants.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I have no idea but I rather doubt it.

Just watching a re-run of the game and yes it was given and was Hulls second try. Despite the protests from the trinity winger. 

Another snapshot of the quality officiating we have to look forward to I guess. 

1 hour ago, Madrileño said:

Caught some footage of Bulls v Whitehaven. As the commentator (Mick Gledhill?) said at one point, Whitehaven were "being cut to ribbons". 

Bradford looked like a decent semi pro outfit, similar to how they looked against Greece. A reasonable amount of size, decent attack, good combinations, support lines etc. Whitehaven was more like what you would expect from an amateur team - a lot of them can't tackle, and virtually no linespeed on D. 

Shows the difference between the 2 leagues I suppose. 

They're in the same division. Sunday's game was their opening league match in this season's championship rather than a friendly.

• Thanks 1

On 05/02/2023 at 23:37, V02 said:

How did Hunter and H Smith go?

Smith was a lot more involved and was awarded Wakefield's MotM.  Full game on Trin TV now I believe.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

13 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Im not convinced by the Olpherts signing at all, but Smith must see something in him, I know he makes a lot of tackle busts and metres, maybe that’s what he wants.

He does run it out hard from defence but the amount of times he dropped the ball while doing it playing for Salford was mind-boggling! Not sure if it's a concentration thing but he really struggled to control the ball in contact after he'd made the initial half-bust.

He's got pace and strength, I'll give him that, but he certainly isn't missed at Salford with Sio & Burgess being far more rounded (& less error prone!) players.

Smith's made a couple of pretty left-field recruitment choices. Luis Roberts wasn't good enough for Salford and barely got a game at Leigh so will be interesting to see if any of the new signings prove to be a master stroke. 

I've not seen moch of Hooley, Warren & Ruan but they all appear to have good reps in Champ/L1 so 🤞 for Leeds they are able to make the step up to SL.