Thread on other Championship teams

13 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Bradford down to 5th, and not inconceivable that they will lose both remaining games, away at Sheffield and London.

If that happens I reckon they will miss the playoffs. 

That can't happen B according to some they've got the best team in the league   :kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Bulls got beat by the Knights today, great result

Hope your fans behaved sk. You will have been under Gledhills microscope. Hope he noticed Salford fans encroaching onto their pitch in the televised match. And not a single Fev fan in sight.

Edited by J Phil Loxton
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse are in big financial difficulty and appealing to be bailed out by councils etc according to an article in French newspaper La Depeche, sounds pretty serious.

As I've posted on the main forum:

Reading the article it looks like €120k of the €300k required has already been committed by the Regional Government Sports Dept (€50k) and the Haute-Garonne Departmental Council (€70k), with a further €110k from Toulouse Metropole to be voted on at the next Council meeting.

The article finishes with the paragraph:

"We cannot imagine that the TO XIII will file for bankruptcy. There is the professional team but also all the youth teams" explains an elected official from the Metropolis. Before adding, without believing it too much: "Now, we all hope that the TOXIII manages its budget squarely". 

The battle for 3-6 is getting very interesting.  Cant call it from the top 9 - looking at the remaining fixtures.  I don't think York will make it but they can have a big say in who does.  Fax got lucky this weekend by playing TO at the right time but if they squeeze in there it might have to be at the expense of an almighty fall from Bradford or Sheff - which is not impossible by any means....

I'm not sure that Bradford win another game. I can't see them winning at London, their only hope is to sneak a win at Sheffield, which wont be easy.

If York beat Batley at home next Monday, it will come down to points difference on the last game. York are at Barrow, who should already be safe, and Batley at home to Newcastle. York are currently 12 better points difference.

I think Fax win their last 2.

I see they top 6 as 

1. Fev
  2. TO
  3. Sheffield
  4. London
  5. Fax
  6. Batley / York

If Bradford win at Sheffield, London will be third, Sheffield fourth and Bradford scrape in 6th.

Of course come next Monday, this will all look stupid 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I'm not sure that Bradford win another game. I can't see them winning at London, their only hope is to sneak a win at Sheffield, which wont be easy.

If York beat Batley at home next Monday, it will come down to points difference on the last game. York are at Barrow, who should already be safe, and Batley at home to Newcastle. York are currently 12 better points difference.

I think Fax win their last 2.

I see they top 6 as 

1. Fev
  2. TO
  3. Sheffield
  4. London
  5. Fax
  6. Batley / York

If Bradford win at Sheffield, London will be third, Sheffield fourth and Bradford scrape in 6th.

Of course come next Monday, this will all look stupid 🙂

And if Batley do sneak in at 6th, and then manage by a miracle to win in the 1st play-off game, then it will be Fev v Batley semi. Do you really want that?

27 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Yes, they've run out of steam for me.

Looked average in first half yesterday but in the second the half backs played really well.A couple of tries on the right side our dreaded left side defence.One from a well judged high kick to the corner well taken by the scorer .And the other was a good cut out floated pass to the winger who scored with ease.They did pick up a couple of injuries though and are not playing to the standard of last seasons team.

20 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse are in big financial difficulty and appealing to be bailed out by councils etc according to an article in French newspaper La Depeche, sounds pretty serious.

1 hour ago, PECETTO said:

No they don’t . 

Which bit are you referring to here Pecetto? I obviously have no knowledge of whether there's any accuracy in the article in La Depeche but it certainly seemed to be being discussed with some intensity on the Toulouse forum which was where I first saw reference to the article...of course whether those guys know what they're talking about is another matter.

47 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Which bit are you referring to here Pecetto? I obviously have no knowledge of whether there's any accuracy in the article in La Depeche but it certainly seemed to be being discussed with some intensity on the Toulouse forum which was where I first saw reference to the article...of course whether those guys know what they're talking about is another matter.

No toulouse are not in financial difficultys. Their big partners and sponsors came to Help as usual. Some of the institutions money, is what every pro club ( rugby union, football, handball and rugby league) receive to Help after Covid. Thé board directors did the rest. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BullyXL said:

And if Batley do sneak in at 6th, and then manage by a miracle to win in the 1st play-off game, then it will be Fev v Batley semi. Do you really want that?

I couldn't seen Batley beating Sheffield, nor Fax winning at London.

If that was the case Fev would play London in the semi, which is not the tie I would have chosen.

4 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I couldn't seen Batley beating Sheffield, nor Fax winning at London.

If that was the case Fev would play London in the semi, which is not the tie I would have chosen.

After scoring 90 points against this season? 

As we can now add Wakefield to the relevant teams in this thread...interesting to see Michael Carter talking last night about Trinity running with a 22-man squad next season and relying on DR and loans to fill the gaps.

That approach can work as Leigh showed last year but you need insane luck with injuries and everything falling into place.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As we can now add Wakefield to the relevant teams in this thread...interesting to see Michael Carter talking last night about Trinity running with a 22-man squad next season and relying on DR and loans to fill the gaps.

That approach can work as Leigh showed last year but you need insane luck with injuries and everything falling into place.

I wonder who they have lined up to DR with. Us? 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I was tempted to put that just for the bantz! Clearly it won't be us even if we do go up though.

If we do go up, I'd be surprised if we DRd with anyone tbh. I suspect we'd be more likely to loan out fringe players if it was felt they'd need game time, on a case by case basis.

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb