Thread on other Championship teams

6 hours ago, lingaro said:

No, I think he has a point.  Always valued his opinion. 

6 hours ago, lingaro said:

No, I think he has a point.  Always valued his opinion. 

4 hours ago, Bullmania said:

How comes he didn’t say it last year when they won never mentioned the condition of the stadium then as I say sour grapes come to mind. If you read all my post I agreed it is depressing but what I’m pointing out is was never said when they won if he said it last year then this year been like I agree. But he’s only mentioned it when they’ve lost. 

Bullmania,

I think you’ll find that Lingaro’s comment is tongue in cheek / sarcastic. In that their opinion of Aston is a little lower than yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

On 18/03/2023 at 18:13, The Phantom Horseman said:

A late try sees Toulouse edge it at Widnes. Sounds like Olly Ashall-Bott got another bad injury which would be a big blow for them. 

Ashall-Bott reportedly out for the  season with a ruptured ACL. Bad luck for the lad.

Toulouse have signed Wigan prop Harvie Hill on loan. Readers of my thread on the general forum about comments made about broadcasting lower-league games by Wigan's owner/chairman Ian Lenagan may be amused to know that so far this season Wigan have already sent four players to London (including Hill previously), three to Whitehaven and three to Oldham to play in what Lenagan apparently sees as "poor games".

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ashall-Bott reportedly out for the  season with a ruptured ACL. Bad luck for the lad.

Toulouse have signed Wigan prop Harvie Hill on loan. Readers of my thread on the general forum about comments made about broadcasting lower-league games by Wigan's owner/chairman Ian Lenagan may be amused to know that so far this season Wigan have already sent four players to London (including Hill previously), three to Whitehaven and three to Oldham to play in what Leganan apparently sees as "poor games".

I think that Duffy is involved in Wigan, so no way we ever get any loan players from them

Sheffield are leading Toulouse 26-0 at half time. This looks the best Sheffield team for seven or eight years and importantly they have a bit of depth as well, and they seem to play their home ground very well. Contrast that with Toulouse who have about 17 good players but very little quality after that and look set to struggle on their travels this year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

If we are ever going to be promoted, it’s this year.

Problem is there's going to be 6 good sides in the playoffs this season , that's when the lottery starts😉

Fev will win the league easy, not enough teams are good enough for them to have too many shock defeats where as other teams are more than capable of beating each other. I did get a few laughs when I said second place was there for the taking, don't seem so daft now does it.

17 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fev will win the league easy, not enough teams are good enough for them to have too many shock defeats where as other teams are more than capable of beating each other. I did get a few laughs when I said second place was there for the taking, don't seem so daft now does it.

Just make sure you finish above Bradford.

• Like 1

We shouldn't be getting carried away by Toulouse being beaten as if they are the only threat to promotion. The toughest is yet to come. Four of the teams we have beaten are nestled near the foot of the league. We have still to visit Sheffield Bradford Halifax Toulouse York Widnes and our old friends Batley just to name a few. This division is wide open and there will be plenty of twists and turns to come. We are only in week 7. Admittedly it's nice to know that Toulouse aren't the threat that Leigh were but half a dozen other clubs are.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

^ Agree with all the above, and then even if we do top the table, at the end of the season it will still come down to a couple of sudden-death play-off games.

This is it. I'd agree, we're currently very strong favourites to top the table. Winning the GF however is a different issue however, as has already been proven the league and knockout rugby are different. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

12 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

^ Agree with all the above, and then even if we do top the table, at the end of the season it will still come down to a couple of sudden-death play-off games.

Just fingers crossed for you lot that those games aren't against Batley or Fax. 😀

14 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Just make sure you finish above Bradford.

Honestly I imagine we will and I would guess between 2nd -4th for us, yeah we will lose games like we did last season but we are at the point where we have enough talent not to lose as many as the chasing pack but not enough to compete for top of the table. At the risk of jinxing things Fax next 6 games they will probably be predicted to win them all and by that time the top of the table will look very different. The easter monday game against Bradford is massive but I have still not seen anything from Bradford that suggests they have what it takes to make the top 4 but then again we can spanked by Widnes so a lot of people might think the same of us.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

The last 4 aways games will be tough

Fax

Sheffield

Bradford

Toulouse

To be fair B it will only be tough if we make it tough for ourselves and play like we did in the cup but if we play like we all know we can then they will only look like tough fixtures to those who don't know how good we really are 

16 hours ago, eltel said:

don’t get carried away toulouse may well do a leigh and get some top new players in ready for the play offs but if fev can’t finish top it’s time to hang up the boots.

Doubt they will do a leigh cash strapped from last year and don't forget they still got to pay for us lot to fly out so mega signings don't look an option plus reading between the lines TO maybe not be  really bothered about promotion this year because according  to Toulouse chief executive Cedric Garcia TO are aiming for Grade A status in order to be included in Super League. apparently they feel they will tick all the boxes now they have been given solid guidelines.:kolobok_grin:

20 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Full time Sheffield 32 Toulouse 4.

According to TO they lost because 

The Olympians too imprecise in defense and too messy in attack remain silent during this first act. 26-0 at the break.

The second half is more balanced, the Blues & Whites come back with other intentions. The men of Sylvain HOULES push to return to the score quickly, but the clumsiness deprives them of sticking to the mark. :kolobok_laugh1:

15 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Why, why, why? 🤣 I probably won't even win the lottery this week. 

The way this league is going it's hard to predict. Fev are unbeaten at the top Oxy but we have a long way to go with some very tough away fixtures ahead. Take your eye of the ball and you can lose to anyone. You beat Fev away and now you lose at Barrow. That's what sport is all about.

• Like 1