Sat 11th Mar: SL: Hull FC v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00 (OurLeague)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/23 at 15:30

1 minute ago, SalfordSlim said:

As for the game, the way to beat Hull is to just keep moving the ball.

Worked perfectly for your team yesterday, we knew what Salford were going to do so I assume the Hull FC coaching staff and therefore the team did as well. Chuck the ball out wide one way then sweep it back the other and they created an optical illusion.

One team had an extra 4 or 5 players on the pitch.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

21 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Hey up young man, my swipe wasn't a generic one, just aimed at DS really, as they post more about Hull FC than Hull KR. I know I post score updates on the Hull KR match threads but I continue doing it for the full match if I can, regardless of whether they're losing or winning.

Whenever I pull them up about it I'm accused of being "sensitive"...one of the more heart warming descriptions I've ever received, tbh.

Now then sir, I wer ernly jerkin mi sen!

I know what you meant, you're as balanced an FC fan as I know bud. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

9 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Worked perfectly for your team yesterday, we knew what Salford were going to do so I assume the Hull FC coaching staff and therefore the team did as well. Chuck the ball out wide one way then sweep it back the other and they created an optical illusion.

The game we played at the AJ Bell in 2021 I think was a prime example. Your pack that day was huge and for most of the first half we tried to match you down the middle. Dumb idea as we got steamrollered.

2nd half we ran around you at will. Absolute no-brainer.

Will be interesting to see where Smith goes from here (assuming he's given time). Apologies to be using a football example, but it seems like he's got a similar job to Ten Haag at Utd. Massive club where the whole set-up needs an overhaul. Fortunately he'll have the finances to try and fix it.

16 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

And I've agreed to go...

Oh, how I would love you to win that!

How great would the journey home be?

Hoping.

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

29 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Shhh!

We've got previous. 😉

37 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Shhh!

We've got previous. 😉

Never thought that would make a come back, a stick to beat a former chairman with!

Hope you're okay Tony, all the best!

• Thanks 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

17 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Never thought that would make a come back, a stick to beat a former chairman with!

Hope you're okay Tony, all the best!

Thanks, mate. I'm champion, hope you are, too!

17 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

No problem pal, 1973 is far too long for you lot to have gone without a major trophy.

Still, it's only 12 years longer than the team that DS supports with such fervour. Although I think that they quietly cheer on whichever team Hull FC are playing with rather more enthusiasm than their beloved Hull KR.

There you go again,you can't help yourself.Why bring your friends from the East in on this.l think there might be a few Hull FC fans who take great delight when HKR get beat.

I can speak Esperanto like a native.

11 hours ago, meast said:

Since when?

I reckon most SL clubs have hammered Hull away in the last few seasons?

I think there's a possibility you might have missed the hint of irony in JB's post.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

18 minutes ago, Clinton Baptiste said:

There you go again,you can't help yourself.Why bring your friends from the East in on this.l think there might be a few Hull FC fans who take great delight when HKR get beat.

It seems odd that you constantly pick me up on my reasonably good humoured retaliations to Dimmest Star's constant snipes at Hull FC yet you never seem to pick them up on their anti Hull FC stuff.

Are you concerned that they can't stick up for themselves or are you actually Dimmest Star under another guise?

3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I think there's a possibility you might have missed the hint of irony in JB's post.

One or two did.

He's such a wag!

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

So how many clubs to you believe are play-off contenders Wellsy, it is still the top 5 this year is it? Or put another way in your eyes which clubs are definatley not play-off contenders considering the season is only 4 games old

Going by the initial odds, Wakefield and Leigh as no hopers.

Now maybe replace Cas for Leigh.

But like you say, it's only 4 games in. I've been horrendous at predicting this season so far. Not the usual amount has gone the way the bookies have said!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Going by the initial odds, Wakefield and Leigh as no hopers.

Now maybe replace Cas for Leigh.

But like you say, it's only 4 games in. I've been horrendous at predicting this season so far. Not the usual amount has gone the way the bookies have said!

I think Leigh may just surprise a few this season, they are certainly as a fan of the club surprising me, I wasn't expecting a victory in first 7 games but they are playing a very expansive game and the defence is really together, now I wouldn't be surprised if we kick on this season and with a fair wind get up to mid table, then who knows.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think Leigh may just surprise a few this season

Do you still think that's still true 'arry?

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

they are playing a very expansive game and the defence is really together

And both of those were evident in the very first match.

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not as good as it is 4 games in Oxy.

Don't worry 'arry not long till you can be condescending to everyone you beat!

20 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Who needs sanity @Oxford? The predictable unpredictability is part of the joy of watching Salford.😁

Turning up expecting your team to win every week like Saints & Wigan fans would be boring!

As for the game, the way to beat Hull is to just keep moving the ball. Their pack has had a fair amount of size the last few seasons (as did their backline) but their backs have been painfully slow. Games where we've tried to match them up front we've struggled but as soon as we've thrown it out wide we've caused havoc. They're also susceptible around the ruck area and having a running 9 like Ackers continually puts them on the back foot. 

I know they weren't at full strength yesterday and whilst I think that did impact them, I'm not sure the result would've been massively different if those half a dozen or so had been available.

For a club with such a great fanbase, ability to spend the cap, strong local amateur set-up and elite academy they really should be a top 4 club.

Salford with ' Rowleyball can win big or lose big , first half at Wire they ' won big ' , second half they ' lost big ' , makes for entertaining RL 

I've not really seen the highlights but it sounds like they won big both halves 

RL more than any other sports can pivot on confidence and momentum , that what's one of the things so good about it 

• Like 1