Fri 10th Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00

Who will win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/23 at 20:30

Only looked like scoring in the last 10mins with Smith in the halves and Leeds easing off. Again, only Lino trying to create things.

Surely Smith’s got to be given a chance next game, whether we bring anyone in or not. Can’t keep aiming for a 0-0 draw. 

9 hours ago, Curly perm said:

Only looked like scoring in the last 10mins with Smith in the halves and Leeds easing off. Again, only Lino trying to create things.

Surely Smith’s got to be given a chance next game, whether we bring anyone in or not. Can’t keep aiming for a 0-0 draw. 

Smith was at Half Back for the whole 2nd half and along with Lino he created absolutely zero!

Gosh it was a really dour first half. I assume the cold weather and heavy pitch impacted the players, although both teams had opportunity errors, poor passing and positioning/running quickly closed chances down.  It was really awful to watch.

Having said that Wakefield showed good patience and positioning in defence and closed down well, leading to some of that poor play by Leeds.

Second half much brighter in that Leeds changed their approach and once first try went in Wakefield struggled even more - their forwards seemed to tire early on in 2nd half and hence lost the so called energy battle that made it easier for Leeds.

Cant wait for the summer rugby.

11 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

As in about time he earned one 

I agree completely after his performances in the Nrl I thought what a player, then utterly underwhelming along with Tetavno and Sezer but last night all three were great just wondering if Rs put the rocket up them.

14 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

I agree completely after his performances in the Nrl I thought what a player, then utterly underwhelming along with Tetavno and Sezer but last night all three were great just wondering if Rs put the rocket up them.

Great news for Leeds bearing in mind his contract  ....many of their fans had given him up...there was talk of him being home sick and wanting to leave too

7 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Great news for Leeds bearing in mind his contract  ....many of their fans had given him up...there was talk of him being home sick and wanting to leave too

He isn’t the first and won’t be the last overseas player to come over have a season with poor form and injuries to then kick on in the second.

I think sometimes we underestimate how big of a change it is for some players.

Fusitua took his chances well and I don't recall him making any errors which in the conditions was a positive.  The main difference for Fusitua in the 2nd half last night was that Myler started linking up from the back and made both tries for him. That is Mylers main strength as a fullback and we are a much better attacking team with him in that kind of form.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but I thought the 2nd row McDonnell had a good 2nd half too, both with the ball and in defence.

• Like 3

What I liked about last nights win was how we changed tactics in the second half, we implemented the game plan perfectly (in the second half)

We were trying to play too much in the first half without being direct first.

Totally different second half played fast and direct up the middle then the opportunities to play came on the back of that, worked a treat.

13 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

The effort is there just the ability isn’t at the moment. Good defensively first half then the old penalty penalty try did us on a few occasions we get frustrated and game over.

Up the Trin 

Do you get 16 points for a penalty penalty try?😉

Tough few weeks for Wakey which probably means they'll now come to Salford next week and win!

17 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Tough few weeks for Wakey which probably means they'll now come to Salford next week and win!

No that would be a penalty penalty penalty penalty try, your confusing it with an eight eight point try 🙂

27 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Think that's a big ask for Wakey at the moment. 

However the Salford coach and team will be under immense pressure as no team will now want to be the first that allows Wakey to score a point and break this record run.

13 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Think that's a big ask for Wakey at the moment. 

However the Salford coach and team will be under immense pressure as no team will now want to be the first that allows Wakey to score a point and break this record run.

Salford aren't the tightest defensively so i'd expected us to post points at least. Getting the win howerver, thats a different matter.

8 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Smith was at Half Back for the whole 2nd half and along with Lino he created absolutely zero!

Fair enough, then I guess we’ve got nothing to cling on to 🥴

As decent a player he is, I doubt Sam Hewitt’s going to be the answer.