NRL Rules Out Pride Round For 2023

30 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

religion here no doubt the main culprit - the twisting and poisoning of young peoples minds by religion  is a million times more perverse than adults showing each other love  and affection , whatever gender 

You are right there johnny. Religion is where tolerance goes to die.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, The Masked Poster said:

Maybe there either haven't been any or they didn't feel like publicising it? Either way it doesn't detract from what happened. 

Statistically speaking it is impossible there haven't been any. People may well not want to publicise it, and that is their perogative, but it doesnt back up your claim about the tolerance of RL and it could be argued quite the opposite if they dont feel comfortable doing so. Neither does your example of Ian Roberts when it is the only top flight example in the history of Australian RL.

Edited by Damien

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

That's the end of singing the national anthem before a game or wearing poppies then.

Fair point , I think however most people feel that sports , TV , Education, Adverts have become tools whereby special interest groups can push their opinions. The majority of people want to watch a game of sports eat a pie and have a pint without the constant drip feeding of propaganda coming with all three . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RL Tragic said:

I don’t think it’s a case of people who don’t like a certain community won . I think this is a victory for sports remaining apolitical and sticking to providing entertainment. 

As Peter O'Toole says in The Lion In Winter "To these old eyes, that's what winning looks like!"

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

And if you listen you can hear the sounds of justification  shhhhh!

Normally in any conflict when there is a compromise both sides give a little in this case one side lost their recognition and right to be seen and the sport lost its claim to being inclusive, and the side that feels LGBT people are wrong and even sinful won and gave nothing.

When cricket was played with SA during apartheid the people who just wanted to watch the cricket weren't being neutral no matter how much they might have imagined they were.

On 14/03/2023 at 17:34, Damien said:

Statistically speaking it is impossible there haven't been any. People may well not want to publicise it, and that is their perogative, but it doesnt back up your claim about the tolerance of RL and it could be argued quite the opposite if they dont feel comfortable doing so. Neither does your example of Ian Roberts when it is the only top flight example in the history of Australian RL.

Edited by The Masked Poster

This is not an argument necessarily about choice for LGBT people it's about RL, its willingness to answer questions, not be afraid of conflict, and be seen as inclusive and welcoming with the emphasis on being seen to be, not just saying you are.

27 minutes ago, Oxford said:

And if you listen you can hear the sounds of justification  shhhhh!

Normally in any conflict when there is a compromise both sides give a little in this case one side lost their recognition and right to be seen and the sport lost its claim to being inclusive, and the side that feels LGBT people are wrong and even sinful won and gave nothing.

When cricket was played with SA during apartheid the people who just wanted to watch the cricket weren't being neutral no matter how much they might have imagined they were.

I don't think anyone has lost recognition or a right to be seen (is that a right we are endowed with?)

Is anyone saying that they think homosexuality should be illegal or that gay people shouldn't be involved in RL? 'Cos I haven't heard that.

It seems that there is a group of people who simply don't want to celebrate or express pride in how another group of people live. I haven't heard any of them saying that gay people themselves shouldn't be able to express that pride.

I hope that our sport can be inclusive of those who have pride in such lifestyles and those who don't - I wouldn't want us to lose any fans/players/etc.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I don't think anyone has lost recognition or a right to be seen (is that a right we are endowed with?)

There's no Pride Round, that won't be seen, RL's support will be invisible and just something they say the do and believe but without that round it's not as clear and obvious where the sport stands.

There are some in the game who were not happy with this round and they could always have opted out of playing that weekend. Now they don't have to bacause it no longer exists.

And I'm not attacking anyone here I'm just sad our game is made a lot less for this decision.

Edited by Oxford

5 minutes ago, Oxford said:

There's no Pride Round,hat won't be seen, RL's support will be invisible and just something they say the do and believe but without that round it's not as clear and obvious where the sport stands.

There are some in the game who were not happy with this round and they could always have opted out of playing that weekend. Now they don't have to bacause it no longer exists.

And I'm not attacking anyone here I'm just sad our game is made a lot less for this decision.

Nothing has been lost or taken away. NRL has never had a 'pride round'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Nothing has been lost or taken away. NRL has never had a 'pride round'.

NRL Rules Out Pride Round For 2023

I think that may be a deliberate mislead by you.

4 hours ago, sam4731 said:

The bigots win again unfortunately. Well done everyone who has opposed anything promoting inclusively, you've got your wish. Don't give me all of this "let's have an inclusivity round" nonsense too, might as well advocate a "All lives matter" round while you're at it.

Why do the bigots win again? Why should the LGBTQ community get a special round for themselves? It sets them apart and is the very opposite of inclusive. And why should RL promote inclusivity? I thought everyone was welcome to play and/or watch already without having to trumpet the fact from the roof tops.

• Like 2

If you want to be tolerant, why not. but stop throwing it down our throats. . Why not have a " are you married " round.

The whole homo thing stinks If you are black, white a muslim, straight or bent why not be allowed to say so, without all these do gooders saying NO NO NO.

I got called 4 eyes at school for wearing glasses, so what . This is supposedly a free country , Dont make me laugh.

• Confused 3

27 minutes ago, haskey said:

The whole homo thing stinks

It's okay fellas, the NRL had one gay lad three decades ago.

Job done.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

38 minutes ago, haskey said:

If you want to be tolerant, why not. but stop throwing it down our throats. . Why not have a " are you married " round.

The whole homo thing stinks If you are black, white a muslim, straight or bent why not be allowed to say so, without all these do gooders saying NO NO NO.

I got called 4 eyes at school for wearing glasses, so what . This is supposedly a free country , Dont make me laugh.

I have read this post about 20 times and I can't work out which side of the debate it is supporting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

She thinks it's just a way for some straight people to tell the world what nice people they are. I'm inclined to agree with her.

Mathew 6:1

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven."

Mathew 6:5

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the street, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, haskey said:

" my glasses fall off " 😛