Sat 25th Mar: SL: Hull FC v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/03/23 at 15:30

11 hours ago, Oxford said:

🤣

I think game one was a bit silly and there were even somethings before the first kick off.

We are on opposite sides 'arry I don't think it will continue though in this case it's replacement might be even more problematic.

Off course there was Oxy, it is a league system whereby we have those at the top and those at the bottom, we had threads re can Saints be stopped doing 5 in row, one on the SL betting, another prediction thread on league placings, so like it or not it is natural that relegation should also be discussed.

But yes, the "unknown" could have far worse consequences and could effect more club's than just one.

Edited by Harry Stottle

11 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

We play wakefield 3 times this season including magic. Winning those and the Cas games will be key Leigh if we want to kick on. Funnily enough, we were also 3 wins from our first 6 games in 2017 but then lost a close game at Wakey in our 7th before our season unravelled. To stay up this year we need to do what we couldn't in 2017 and beat the teams around us. We lost all 3 games against Widnes who finished 12th that year.

We do have a much better squad and coaching team than 2017 though so I'm confident we should be able to not only avoid the drop but stay well out of the battle.

Don’t think so. We finished 11 th and would have stayed up in a normal year. Had to go through middle 8’s and Liston million pound game against the Dragons whom we had monstered in the group game.

10,500 and summat there yesterday, Adam Pearson must wonder what the crowds would be like if we were any good.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Szymala said:

4 defeats in a row now for Hull - with Warrington away next week.

What was the crowd reaction on the final bell ?

Usual air of resignation for the most part.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Any idea how many we brought ?

Looked to be around three or four hundred mate, a good and noisy turnout who seemed to enjoy themselves.

And why wouldn't they?

2 hours ago, Szymala said:

4 defeats in a row now for Hull - with Warrington away next week.

What was the crowd reaction on the final bell ?

Disgruntled, bemused yet resigned to the inevitable shambles we've become accustomed to year on year.

I'm in no way blaming Tony Smith. He's got his work cut out for him with what is obviously a horrendous club culture and I'm hoping with his experience he can see where the issues lay.

But with 4 defeats on the bounce, the undefeated Warrington to come, I really worry about the state we'll be in come the derby the week after.

We're a dumb team. We make dumb decisions way too often. No game management skills. Panic rugby because we're too lazy and uncommitted in defence doesn't help. The resilience of school children when things go wrong. The discipline of bullies on a night out. We're an absolute shambles.

I just don't understand how the club culture has sunk to such a low. 2016-2017 were great years, but take those 2 out and we've been average to dreadful since 2008.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

23 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Really?

Heard of Bradford Bulls?

Yes of course Wellsy,

I am referring to those who only last year when Wire were in danger and previously Leeds, there was even suggestions  - on these pages - that before let these clubs be relegated the rules should be changed to prevent that happening.

All I can say is tough, it's a sporting contest failure should never ever be rewarded, from that comment you probably realise what I think about IMG's protective 'A' grades.

18 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

We're a dumb team. We make dumb decisions way too often. No game management skills. Panic rugby because we're too lazy and uncommitted in defence doesn't help. The resilience of school children when things go wrong. The discipline of bullies on a night out. We're an absolute shambles.

Where does the fault lie, Coaching, Player's or a combination of both?

32 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Apart from that is there a problem?

• Haha 3

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I presume Sweaty is making a point of some sort but I'm not sure what.

58 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Where does the fault lie, Coaching, Player's or a combination of both?

That’s a great question.

As a non Hull fan the coaching team has changed a number of times and the playing squad has also changed except for the ones they wanted to retain so that leaves as the only constant, fans aside, the owners

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Looked to be around three or four hundred mate, a good and noisy turnout who seemed to enjoy themselves.

And why wouldn't they?

I was there , but it's hard to tell how many sometimes while among the crowd , our ticket office told us they'd sold just over 500 and some bought on the day and went through your cash turnstile 

And yes we did enjoy ourselves , becoming our second home is Hull 😁

8 minutes ago, LeeF said:

That’s a great question.

As a non Hull fan the coaching team has changed a number of times and the playing squad has also changed except for the ones they wanted to retain so that leaves as the only constant, fans aside, the owners

This exactly what I said yesterday Lee.

45 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I presume Sweaty is making a point of some sort but I'm not sure what.

Sorry  I thought it was a tekkin peas sesh, looking at how busy Cash turnstile was and 550 pre sales and the fact FC said it was the biggest away following so far I would stab at about 900

15 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

You’ll win more than 5 games this year (you’ve already won 2). Wakefield won’t (and not sure about Cas either). 

Who are these 5 games against on current form? I can honestly see Cas & Wakey beating us if we don't turn things around.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg