Midlands Hurricanes

Peter Winthorpe

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

Well we aren't going to be boring to watch, with and without the ball.

Looks like we've got a hell of a player in Sabutey, a try scoring machine.

No substitute for pace . Crack is he was headed for the championship and it fell through . Good for us . Always makes me think of subbuteo as well 

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

No substitute for pace . Crack is he was headed for the championship and it fell through . Good for us . Always makes me think of Subbuteo as well 

me too - I had all 3, Subbuteo Rugby [Painted in Town colours] of course [blue band] with airfix small paint tins  and cricket and football - The Subbuteo footballers they were the only football players i ever remember that didn't keep falling over???????

20 minutes ago, DavidM said:

From 34 minutes 

Great performance that, remember 2 of us going down in my car at the last minute. had a pint in the Peacock outside the stadium, it was bouncing with Townies when we got there. Great memories of a brilliant period for our club.

Well done lads with the win today but I have to say that has to be one of the worst grounds I have ever watched town play on, the standard is shocking, only toilet facilities where two porta loos, plastic chairs for the elderly, you couldn't see the game if you weren't at the front of the barrier's , next year the hurricane's will be in the 80 million pound athletics stadium, that will be great for their 60 supporters to rattle around in,   we where in a pub just down the road from the ground and where asked what we where there for and none of them had heard of RL or even  the Hurricanes !! Expansion eh 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Well done lads with the win today but I have to say that has to be one of the worst grounds I have ever watched town play on, the standard is shocking, only toilet facilities where two porta loos, plastic chairs for the elderly, you couldn't see the game if you weren't at the front of the barrier's , next year the hurricane's will be in the 80 million pound athletics stadium, that will be great for their 60 supporters to rattle around in,   we where in a pub just down the road from the ground and where asked what we where there for and none of them had heard of RL or even  the Hurricanes !! Expansion eh 

They were actually playing on the training pitch next to the stadium