Is it Southend Invicta's year?

Yes, I am 100% confident they will win the competition.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

26 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Only one season with that name iirc, proper nomads. 

Their first season away from Blackpool - or something like that?

Saw them in the Challenge Cup at Salford.

Sleeping giant.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

43 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Their first season away from Blackpool - or something like that?

Saw them in the Challenge Cup at Salford.

Sleeping giant.

Yes, then to Chorley for one season, then on to Alty for a few. More homes than Jeff Bezos. 

8 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Lancashire  Lynx finalists the the trezie tournament 1998 or 1999 (They were the only ones who took it seriously) coached by Steve Hampson.

Over 9000 at the final in Toulouse 

Great memories

Paul

Who did they play in the final? It’s too obscure even for google. 

22 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No Nottingham Outlaws or Mansfield Marksmen for me.

Why are you having a pop at the Outlaws? At least they have their own ground.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Without meaning to speak on Harold’s behalf, I don’t think he was having a pop at them. 

In which case, I have no idea what this thread is about, apart from an obvious swipe at Warrington. Seems to be a list of failed clubs.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

15 minutes ago, tim2 said:

In which case, I have no idea what this thread is about, apart from an obvious swipe at Warrington. Seems to be a list of failed clubs.

Not aimed at Warrington at all, it was when I saw that it could also be Catalans year as well and at the point I posted this thread the Warrington and Cats threads were at 1 and 2 in the list. Just seemed the right thing to join in.....

• Like 2