Attendance thread

6 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Leigh have gotten their second allocation for the lower tiers, although not many left in those either on the website.

Batley have got 116-120 and their allocation only goes on sale this morning, hence why there is limited tickets showing on the RFL website.

Looks like we might have to get behind the Leythers (am I allowed to say that 🤔)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LINNERS said:

Batley have got 116-120 and their allocation only goes on sale this morning, hence why there is limited tickets showing on the RFL website.

Looks like we might have to get behind the Leythers (am I allowed to say that 🤔)

I'll certainly be behind Batley and more specifically Mike Ward, who I went to university with.

• Like 1

Will the women's final on the same day add many to the overall attendance at Wembley?

Are many of our Leeds and St Helens fans on the forum planning on going to support their women? And those that are, would you have gone as a neutral for the men's game?

• Like 1

Looking at the two clubs' and the RFL's ticketing sites, the lower tier is close to sold out, and the middle tier is on the way to that, assuming it was all opened (you can't quite tell). If it was, that's about 50k.

The big upper tier has been half opened so far, and the open bit looks about half sold, with a bit higher take up at the Leigh end than the KR end.

So all in all, that would mean we're heading for about 60k, unless there's a late rush.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

Will the women's final on the same day add many to the overall attendance at Wembley?

Are many of our Leeds and St Helens fans on the forum planning on going to support their women? And those that are, would you have gone as a neutral for the men's game?

Problem is that you'd have to be a seriously committed RL fan to be in your seat at 11.30 and still be there after the men's final, let alone the 1895 cup. I think this spreading out of the crowd is not great personally. Yes there might be 62000 attendees but if their attendance is staggered it does tend to spoil the effect. 

Does anyone remember that Plate competition they had in either 96 or 97? I seem to remember Hull KR winning that? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I hope you’re right. What figures have you heard for ticket sales? 

Took it down a bit as I didn’t realise how big the top tier is, my guess is that there is about 1000 left on bottom and middle tiers. We will end up with 15000 or so, about 60 coaches have already been filled maybe more and it’s monthly pay day for many this week. The old problem of holiday season will have an effect but the stories of families coming back is always heartwarming with New Zealand and China being the outlying so far, seems to be loads of Leythers in Canada?

I JUST POSTED THIS LINK on another thread about IMG, but it may be worthy of inclusion here.

Shows how GOING TO THE GAME is becoming less important as the generations pass, which could be a long-term headache for all sports, but especially ones like ours that sometimes struggles. Gen Z & Millennials are the issue here. Baby boomers like me still prefer going to the game (I went to the NZ v Philippines football the other night. Fantastic atmosphere), but it would seem the 20-40yr old age group are the ones who are really embracing the other media channels to watch their sports