Attendance thread

18 hours ago, yipyee said:

If Hull win tomorrow sub 30k

Hull were never going to win.

They finished 10th, saved only by the worst team Wakefield have assembled in 30 years and a Castleford side who nobody wants to coach. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

53 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

We’ve had this discussion too. What they choose to do in France is up to them. So why do you think SL want to declare an extra 17,000 tickets to the taxman and pay out money they haven’t actually received?

For the sake of balance, I feel it’s my duty to point out that the taxman looks at the gate receipts rather than the announced attendance figure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

You must be enjoying the ride though HKB? 

The club is flying at the moment 

Yeah, we performed poorly today, never built any rhythm (not to take anything away from Wigan, who were great). But that’s just one match. Overall, this season was excellent and I’m happy about what’s going on behind the scenes too.

I don’t expect Hull KR to be in finals and winning things yet, but we’re getting closer to it. 

• Like 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yeah, we performed poorly today, never built any rhythm (not to take anything away from Wigan, who were great). But that’s just one match. Overall, this season was excellent and I’m happy about what’s going on behind the scenes too.

I don’t expect Hull KR to be in finals and winning things yet, but we’re getting closer to it. 

Hull KR are certainly a club on the up and doing a lot right. There is much to be excited about for KR fans.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Hull KR are certainly a club on the up and doing a lot right. There is much to be excited about for KR fans.

Still sport though eh. It can always blow up in your face. I we can get into the playoffs again next season that’d be great, I’m not in a rush.

More important to me is that we get the 4G training pitch and training centre built at Craven Park to be honest. If St Helens is the model, that’s the stuff we need to do: Get 75% of our matchday squad through our own pathways. I’d rather work towards that than have a couple of good seasons like Salford, or build an expensive team like Warrington. Time will tell I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Still sport though eh. It can always blow up in your face. I we can get into the playoffs again next season that’d be great, I’m not in a rush.

More important to me is that we get the 4G training pitch and training centre built at Craven Park to be honest. If St Helens is the model, that’s the stuff we need to do: Get 75% of our matchday squad through our own pathways. I’d rather work towards that than have a couple of good seasons like Salford, or build an expensive team like Warrington. Time will tell I guess. 

I'm not convinced that the model that Saints and Wigan have can be replicated tbh. Leeds are struggling with that model right now. 

Only so many clubs can sign the best players. Those clubs will be the best. A hybrid system is ultimately the way to go. People like to use Wire as a bad example, but we have more silverware than most in recent history, and Catalans use the same model and are flying. 

Under any model, it's implementation (and sometimes luck) that bring the results. 

49 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not convinced that the model that Saints and Wigan have can be replicated tbh. Leeds are struggling with that model right now. 

Only so many clubs can sign the best players. Those clubs will be the best. A hybrid system is ultimately the way to go. People like to use Wire as a bad example, but we have more silverware than most in recent history, and Catalans use the same model and are flying. 

Under any model, it's implementation (and sometimes luck) that bring the results. 

Yes you might be right, I can see that argument for the “West of Manchester” and West Yorkshire talent pools. But I think in Hull we’ve a distinct catchment area which, if well developed, can provide a rich seem of talent with only one other club competing for it.

But there’s a lot to do to grow participation first and it’s a 10-15 year project. But if you don’t start, then it will always be 10+ years away. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Absolutely. Ultimately what all "control the controllables" stuff does is lift up the base average of whatever it is about: playing standards, crowds, off field revenue.

Luck/chance/probability basically tips you over the edge to success. Saints winning 4 in a row is in context when you consider at one point they also lost 5 in a row too. That is consistent performance with the ultimate difference being the result on the day of one game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

And proud of local lad Sam.

13 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

For the sake of balance, I feel it’s my duty to point out that the taxman looks at the gate receipts rather than the announced attendance figure. 

Again 

How many times have you posted this Matt to our ' conspiracy theorists ' ? 😉

4 hours ago, Gomersall said:

So what’s to stop clubs gaining false IMG points by announcing inflated attendances?

Clubs have to declare actual attendance figures (ie, turnstile clocks, not "tickets sold") to the local authority as part of their safety certificate conditions. It's easily verifiable with an FOi request.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Clubs have to declare actual attendance figures (ie, turnstile clocks, not "tickets sold") to the local authority as part of their safety certificate conditions. It's easily verifiable with an FOi request.

That makes the RL Commercial ad hoc audit all the odder. Why not say these LA returns must also be copied to RL Commercial?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yes you might be right, I can see that argument for the “West of Manchester” and West Yorkshire talent pools. But I think in Hull we’ve a distinct catchment area which, if well developed, can provide a rich seem of talent with only one other club competing for it.

But there’s a lot to do to grow participation first and it’s a 10-15 year project. But if you don’t start, then it will always be 10+ years away. 

Yes. Hull has always been traditionally very strong with strong amateur and underage teams. It's amazing how this has never translated to professional level like it has in Wigan or St Helens. The ingredients have been there and the catchment certainly is, even with 2 teams.

10 hours ago, EggFace said:

So should of been played in a 40000 stadium.

Are you suggesting that we sell the tickets for a game and then decide where to play it based on the stadium that will best fit the number of tickets sold.  I can see a few logistical flaws in that plan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:

So I assume Old Trafford have to use the same regulations?

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Again 

How many times have you posted this Matt to our ' conspiracy theorists ' ? 😉

About as many times as I’ve posted that there is zero protocol for announces attendances, so the clubs, RL Commerical, RLWC, whoever, can announce whatever they like. Some use actual attendance, some use tickets sold, some just make it up on the spot.

The bizarre bit is when previous audits have been done, these have been based on the announced attendance and not the actual attendance or sales, when all they need to do is log on to the centralised safety officer submissions and see the proper figures.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Yes. Hull has always been traditionally very strong with strong amateur and underage teams. It's amazing how this has never translated to professional level like it has in Wigan or St Helens. The ingredients have been there and the catchment certainly is, even with 2 teams.

Too fish in the diet 

Need more pies

• Like 1