Squad for ‘Fax

Fax Knight

See Hingano, Clarkson and Cunningham are in the squad for Sunday. Any odds on all three of them actually bothering to get changed??  Maybe it’s me, but if a player isn’t fit then they shouldn’t be named in a squad. If that means you can’t find 21 fit players then that’s simply the truth and anything else is a big fat lie. Why have a system that lies to fans? I really hope all three are fit as we sure do need them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

See Hingano, Clarkson and Cunningham are in the squad for Sunday. Any odds on all three of them actually bothering to get changed??  Maybe it’s me, but if a player isn’t fit then they shouldn’t be named in a squad. If that means you can’t find 21 fit players then that’s simply the truth and anything else is a big fat lie. Why have a system that lies to fans? I really hope all three are fit as we sure do need them. 

It's better to name 21 players as the opposition have less information about who will play. If you only list the players that are fit, it aids the opposition. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

since 2019 squad numbers was increased to 21 from 19  this was done to stop teams picking some one for their 17 outside of the named 19 incidentally now if  any player is brought in for a match outside the named 21 it costs them one of their eight permitted interchanges.SO now teams have to name a 21 man squad  by noon two days before each fixture, so teams have no choice but  to name 21 irrespective of fitness levels

Like someone had commented in the press, whenever the injured players are mentioned by Hendo, or interviewed themselves, they always say 2 weeks away, yet 4 weeks later no sign....

Cunningham was 2 weeks away, 4 weeks ago. That was himself telling a fan sat next to him in the stand.

Morgan buttersmith was 2 weeks away, 4 weeks ago, and that was himself talking to a reporter.

Ata O'hagan was short term, 3 weeks ago....

Would be nice to get some real time scales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nige Arro said:

Like someone had commented in the press, whenever the injured players are mentioned by Hendo, or interviewed themselves, they always say 2 weeks away, yet 4 weeks later no sign....

Cunningham was 2 weeks away, 4 weeks ago. That was himself telling a fan sat next to him in the stand.

Morgan buttersmith was 2 weeks away, 4 weeks ago, and that was himself talking to a reporter.

Ata O'hagan was short term, 3 weeks ago....

Would be nice to get some real time scales.

No such bloke plays for York.

https://www.yorkrlfc.com/knights-squad

10 hours ago, Stirlin said:

To be fair, Olly Butterworth doesn’t play for us either…

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

11 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Olly Butterworth is in our squad but has not played this season, yet. He picked up a long term injury in pre season last year and another shorter term injury just as he was approaching fitness. I think he has recovered now but just not been selected as yet. 

• Thanks 1

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

From little things you hear its sounds as if the club, Clint ,whichever, is very reluctant to spend much more money on the team this year as they are gearing up for a big push next season. 

Hope this doesn't backfire and we are gearing up for a push to get back into the championship.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, stevo56 said:

From little things you hear its sounds as if the club, Clint ,whichever, is very reluctant to spend much more money on the team this year as they are gearing up for a big push next season. 

Hope this doesn't backfire and we are gearing up for a push to get back into the championship.

We are paying to see this year though.I don't think Clint respects the fans enough to appreciate that. His plans for making York a super league team are not guaranteed and if we carry on as we are there will be less paying fans who want to come as we are

• Like 3

Reading between the lines, Hendo is getting his excuses in early this week. I agree it sounds like Clint isn't prepared to spend any more, but if we are in a position where we do need to go into the loan market, I hope we go for some experience, and not rely on more inexperienced youngsters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Reading between the lines, Hendo is getting his excuses in early this week. I agree it sounds like Clint isn't prepared to spend any more, but if we are in a position where we do need to go into the loan market, I hope we go for some experience, and not rely on more inexperienced youngsters. 

what like dads army again😉

• Like 1

I'm going to Halifax tomorrow just in the hope we don't get smashed. At the start of the season I felt that if we could hold our own,pick up a couple of wins in the first few games and then once we got players back we'd be flying and could beat anyone. Now I'm just trying to convince myself that we're bringing on young players, in transition and it'll be OK in the long run.

Long way to go but this season just feels so frustrating, disappointing and a missed opportunity. Absolutely sick to death of these injuries. Unfortunately we have so many out even if we brought a couple of experienced players in it wouldn't make much difference and would be a waste of money. May as well play our young lads and give them experience.

We are now making sure we don't go down and building for next year. We should have enough to stay up and  unless it gets totally desperate I can't see Clint spending anymore money. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Id prefer not to go down that route, but look who the likes of Barrow, Keighley, Bradford, Halifax, Featherstone and Batley have taken. There is no wonder they are above us in the table.

fair point , i still think with 10 good players to come back we will be o k though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

One of the main problems is that we signed players up on long term contracts that are just glass .It baffles me why we haven't learnt anything from previous seasons. Sorry but I think halifax will do us over tomorrow. Halifax 42 Knights 10

To be fair to Hendo most of these players were signed on before he did! It's a transitional year, I reckon at the end of the season we will say goodbye to at least half the squad.

Probably a cricket score again tomorrow but I'll still be there.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

To be fair to Hendo most of these players were signed on before he did! It's a transitional year, I reckon at the end of the season we will say goodbye to at least half the squad.

Probably a cricket score again tomorrow but I'll still be there.

a lot of us will be there , and next season and the next

• Like 3

15 hours ago, rich f said:

I'm going to Halifax tomorrow just in the hope we don't get smashed. At the start of the season I felt that if we could hold our own,pick up a couple of wins in the first few games and then once we got players back we'd be flying and could beat anyone. Now I'm just trying to convince myself that we're bringing on young players, in transition and it'll be OK in the long run.

Long way to go but this season just feels so frustrating, disappointing and a missed opportunity. Absolutely sick to death of these injuries. Unfortunately we have so many out even if we brought a couple of experienced players in it wouldn't make much difference and would be a waste of money. May as well play our young lads and give them experience.

We are now making sure we don't go down and building for next year. We should have enough to stay up and  unless it gets totally desperate I can't see Clint spending anymore money. 

Can't spend money bringing new players if we haven't got it and don't want the knights to end up like city not been able to pay the players,but again you have got to look at the recruitment made last season.