Salford fan shares and financial issues.

5 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

Here's the link so you can buy your share, see the 'Salford figure rising' and join in history being made:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/salford-red-devils

Good bit of Marketing Pete you obviously have an eye for the gap and run smart lines!

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

39 minutes ago, dboy said:

There's a clue there...

It would be if it was true. You can't do gift aid, it explains this in the share offer document. 

• Thanks 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

17 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It would be if it was true. You can't do gift aid, it explains this in the share offer document. 

Were you trying to buy a share or gift money, Keith?

9 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Were you trying to buy a share or gift money, Keith?

I've been looking at the buy a share/invest page? Are we at cross purposes here sorry?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

8 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I've been looking at the buy a share/invest page? Are we at cross purposes here sorry?

Well Keith I was just interested in the take up of the share model.

I've no idea about the answer to your cross purpose question and sorry for the delay in replying.

I presume gift aid only applies to charities.

Now, you can argue whether Salford is acting like a charity.....but a registered one it is not. 

5 hours ago, Oxford said:

Well Keith I was just interested in the take up of the share model.

I've no idea about the answer to your cross purpose question and sorry for the delay in replying.

Ah I see, yes sorry I got a bit confused thinking there might be another scheme where you could donate which would be covered by gift aid. Apology granted, with ease. 

I'll probably sign up in the next week or so, not got round it to yet. 

35 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Ah I see, yes sorry I got a bit confused thinking there might be another scheme where you could donate which would be covered by gift aid. Apology granted, with ease. 

I'll probably sign up in the next week or so, not got round it to yet. 

I think it's quite easy  to be confused by the contradictory info and by comments made.

I wasn't feeling in any way upset by your post so there's no need for apologies at all.

I think it's great you're considering signing up, and as I said hope it's brilliant for SRD and hope other clubs take on the idea.

Because there's a tendency to look on the negative in RL circles there's been hardly any mention of the IMG engagement with the community idea which from the intitiative to the inclusive video  does that in spades.

In any case thanks for replying take care,

Russ

• Thanks 1

On 28/04/2023 at 10:56, Man of Kent said:

If you're saying IMG will harm the competitiveness, I don't agree. If it works, Super League will be more competitive.

It was the line about sports clubs winning matches. Will no relegation lead to more competitiveness?

Are you the gentleman, with son ,producing the You Tube videos? Recent ones from France? 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It was the line about sports clubs winning matches. Will no relegation lead to more competitiveness?

It is noteworthy that the argument has often been "dead rubbers" and "meaningless fixtures"  yet barely mentioned  when it comes to IMG and a lack of P&R.

One thing I recall about past fixtures  was that lower clubs actually won trophies and I do wonder whether or not it was due to the amount of competitions we had that increased their chances. And maybe with so many comps  when you lost in one you knew there'd be another opportunity along in a moment!

Of course going upwards by the quality of your organisation is very seductive and appealing even so.

On 28/04/2023 at 21:25, Ray Cashmere said:

Just a couple of points to address the (perfectly reasonable) cynics in the room:

• The Community Share Offering has been in the works  by the club for a couple of years now, this has not been a sudden reaction to an immediate cashflow issue (which there may or may not be, but which no one on here knows the details);
  • This is not a rejection of a traditional ownership model. The club is, as we speak, approaching Salford businessmen/businesses as potential benefactors (the £10,000+ share option is a not so subtle reflection of this); 
  • The club will benefit financially from the new stadium deal whereby F&B and non-matchday revenues will, for the first time, be retained.

SRD are in the same position that every other professional rugby league club (save for, I would guess, Leeds and Catalans) in the Northern Hemisphere would be in without a benefactor to underwrite the losses. Super League, and its clubs, do not generate sufficient revenues to sustain successful and ambitious sport.

The club is, quite wisely, exploring as many different opportunities as possible to overcome this problem. 

It may ultimately fail, but it is not a last-ditch attempt to meet the day-to-day running costs of the club.

There is far more cause for (pragmatic) optimism than there has been for many years at the club.

Mature sensible post Ray.

Just to say back when Koukash asked for feedback on a possible, I and a number of supporters argued SRD should be looking to fan owners like FC United for inspiration. Was that 2017/18.

The Supporters Trust have advocated it for the last few years.

And King announced it was going to be delivered last summer.

So no, it isn't born this Spring as a last gasp desperate action.

Covid left all bar Wakey in debt. Relying on the fans is the right thing as without a sugar daddy to pay off any debt/cost as "loans" then what else is there.

Plus this is essentially about remaining competitive rather than just remaining alive.

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

So no, it isn't born this Spring as a last desperate action.

Often haggis the problem is not what people know but what's left out, SRD could well be on the way out and if so they won't be the last and maybe not the first.

• Like 1

Well, thank goodness for that, I thought they'd never leave!

Apparently close to 100K, who knew!

Edited by Oxford

I see that this new source of finance has enabled another extended contract to be offered......... I think some people are blind to what is happening here.  No more houses to mortgage so lets fleece the fans.

• Like 2

Here we go again .....

5 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

I see that this new source of finance has enabled another extended contract to be offered......... I think some people are blind to what is happening here.  No more houses to mortgage so lets fleece the fans.

Bit overly simplistic - maybe it's easier to raise money and build support for a club that is showing some ambition?  I would bet that they are still nowhere near the cap.

Good luck SRD.

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 2