James Ford

23 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I think they're pinning all their hopes on that new stand (and the pitch).

Facilities, which includes everything about the stadium not just stand and pitch, only counts for 1.5 points. The new stand might take them up from, say, 0.5 points to 1.2 points or something like that (and that's being very optimistic), but it's not going to be a massive game-changer for them based on IMG's scoring system.

• Like 2

Mark Applegarth well and truly throwing Ford under the bus by the sound of it judged on these quotes from the Yorkshire Post's RL correspondent James O'Brien when asked about his departure:

"It was obvious it wasn't working. We've been pretty clunky in attack and look a bit afraid to play. I won't go into the reasons why.

"I want to see the lads play without as much fear and being too rigid – getting to a point for this and that. That's not Wakefield, for me. I want to give us a bit more of a licence to play more entertaining rugby."

Free of the Ford-imposed shackles, we can presumably expect a try-fest from Wakefield at home to Leigh tomorrow night.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seems a bit rich to entirely blame Ford for Wakefield’s toothless attack, surely as Headcoach Applegarth had some input about attack especially if he felt it wasn’t working. Sheesh 🙄 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Normy_Rover said:

Seems a bit rich to entirely blame Ford for Wakefield’s toothless attack, surely as Headcoach Applegarth had some input about attack especially if he felt it wasn’t working. Sheesh 🙄 

That's quite true. I'm not sure York were renowned for their attacking flair either mind you, not that it matters if he's not our attack or head coach. 

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

That's quite true. I'm not sure York were renowned for their attacking flair either mind you, not that it matters if he's not our attack or head coach. 

Correct on both counts in my view, York did become a bit of a 5-drives-and-a-kick team during the latter stages in particular of Ford's tenure there, though people only tend to complain about those sort of tactics if they aren't winning ones. We've actually been a bit like that this year (and last), though the more positive terminology for it is "winning the arm wrestle".

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Correct on both counts in my view, York did become a bit of a 5-drives-and-a-kick team during the latter stages in particular of Ford's tenure there, though people only tend to complain about those sort of tactics if they aren't winning ones. We've actually been a bit like that this year (and last), though the more positive terminology for it is "winning the arm wrestle".

Quite.

Let's see how Wakey go without him.

At Fev, he'll be Director of Rugby, which AFAIK isn't a job connected with onfield tactics.

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Mark Applegarth well and truly throwing Ford under the bus by the sound of it judged on these quotes from the Yorkshire Post's RL correspondent James O'Brien when asked about his departure:

"It was obvious it wasn't working. We've been pretty clunky in attack and look a bit afraid to play. I won't go into the reasons why.

"I want to see the lads play without as much fear and being too rigid – getting to a point for this and that. That's not Wakefield, for me. I want to give us a bit more of a licence to play more entertaining rugby."

Free of the Ford-imposed shackles, we can presumably expect a try-fest from Wakefield at home to Leigh tomorrow night.

Wasn't Applegarth the head coach or have I missed something?

• Like 1

You got to laugh Wakey 

FIRST

“The club very recently became aware that James had agreed to join Featherstone Rovers for the 2024 season and after considering all the circumstances, we have agreed with James that he should leave with immediate effect.

BUT  the big question is if they had not become aware would James still be there

SECOND 

IF it was so obvious  it wasn't working.why didn't you get shut of James before you became AWARE of FEV's interest

On 19/05/2023 at 21:32, elppaxr2i said:

Longy abolutely steaming with fordy coming in by all accounts so is Pryce hence why Pryce looking at the Bulls job

Those aren't the accounts I'm hearing. I'm hearing all is good. 

The bulls job is an obvious step up for pryce, though on the face of it at least, to me its a poisoned chalice.

• Like 3