Batley Away

Batley Bob

11 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Great jesture when it's only a tenner anyway, have you thought about doing it when playing Fev ? 😆  we don't mind spending our money at our favourite away day,Cornbeef Ash is to 'die ' for. Hope you get the crowd this jesture deserves.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Great jesture when it's only a tenner anyway, have you thought about doing it when playing Fev ? 😆  we don't mind spending our money at our favourite away day,Cornbeef Ash is to 'die ' for. Hope you get the crowd this jesture deserves.

It's whoever we play nearest to Jo,s Birthday , great get together is a week of celebrations in the week of Jo,s birthday

Edited by Batley Bob
  • Like 2

IMG_0583.JPG

Listening to Hendo on radio York it doesn't look like we will have many of the injured players back for this weekend at least with oli returning to the knights it will give us some more depth in the backs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

If I had this many injuries on my team in Football Manager I’d simply stop playing, so for it to be happening in real life in a team you’re managing must be the biggest of headaches imaginable 

Bored of it all to be honest. 13 games in and we haven’t had even half of our full strength side out, I t’s doing nothing for my enthusiasm to go to games. It’s been happening since 2019, haven’t had a settled halfback pairing for more than a couple of games in a row. 

I appreciate injury can’t be avoided but it needs looking into why this has happened to make sure it doesn’t happen again, must be the majority of the wage bill sat in the stands, I’ve never seen anything like it. A few games fair enough but over half a season?

• Like 6

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

How can you predict who and when someone might get injured, unfortunately Hendo inherited some long term problems, and to say we have been unlucky is an understatement, the half back problem is exacerbated by the fact that there aren’t that many good halfbacks out there, Hingano came with a problem which I am sure Fordy thought would be short term when he signed him but it hasn’t turned out that way sadly. The guys in position now are starting to make a decent fist of it and on a positive note we have some outstanding young players coming through. The Championship this season is probably the most competitive it has ever been, there are no ‘easy beats” nor should there be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Bored of it all to be honest. 13 games in and we haven’t had even half of our full strength side out, I t’s doing nothing for my enthusiasm to go to games. It’s been happening since 2019, haven’t had a settled halfback pairing for more than a couple of games in a row. 

I appreciate injury can’t be avoided but it needs looking into why this has happened to make sure it doesn’t happen again, must be the majority of the wage bill sat in the stands, I’ve never seen anything like it. A few games fair enough but over half a season?

Know exactly where you're coming from Simon, although I've missed a few games through illness and latterly holidays I've not been overly bothered that I wasn't there. That's not good, but sure it's to do with all the chopping and changing and players missing. It would be great if the Knights graced Wembley again but overall next season can't come quick enough for me. 

• Like 3

Agree with all of this. Absolutely sick of these injuries. The thing is there now seems to be more happening in training as well as on the pitch. Is it something to do with the training pitch at St John's? Are they doing something different?  What injuries do they actually have? Just questions to put out there... I understand why the club won't give return times but this is unprecedented and ruining our season. Are we really just the unluckiest side in the championship or is it something else?

I'll still go every week as I love it, but its so frustrating because at the start of the season i thought we just lacked a quality centre from been a strong top 4 side.

Now it's looking over our shoulders and praying we get a good draw and a win in the 1895 semi.  I love that we're developing the youth players and it's great for the future, but if we aren't careful we're going to break them to. 

4 hours ago, Expatknight said:

How can you predict who and when someone might get injured, unfortunately Hendo inherited some long term problems, and to say we have been unlucky is an understatement, the half back problem is exacerbated by the fact that there aren’t that many good halfbacks out there, Hingano came with a problem which I am sure Fordy thought would be short term when he signed him but it hasn’t turned out that way sadly. The guys in position now are starting to make a decent fist of it and on a positive note we have some outstanding young players coming through. The Championship this season is probably the most competitive it has ever been, there are no ‘easy beats” nor should there be. 

Yes, the like of AJ are great and Bailey’s been brilliant. Trouble is the big clubs come sniffing, we get a few lousy grand if we’re lucky and we’re back to where we were. The Broncos have developed some great talent over the years only for the big clubs to clear them out. I don’t for a second blame the players, they have a short career, but it must be galling for their fans when Wigan, Saints and co. have the pick of all the outstanding northern junior talent, but that’s still not enough for them. 

21 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

These injuries are just bad luck , our training facilities and physio,s are second to none , all will be reet in the end.

its bad 'luck' we keep having. the bigger squad we have the more chance we have of not over playing players either on a match basis or on a minutes per match basis. and the greater the opportunity you have to make sure players are not playing in positions they do not normally play. for me those scenarios increase the risk of 'unlucky' injuries.

16 hours ago, rich f said:

Agree with all of this. Absolutely sick of these injuries. The thing is there now seems to be more happening in training as well as on the pitch. Is it something to do with the training pitch at St John's? Are they doing something different?  What injuries do they actually have? Just questions to put out there... I understand why the club won't give return times but this is unprecedented and ruining our season. Are we really just the unluckiest side in the championship or is it something else?

I'll still go every week as I love it, but its so frustrating because at the start of the season i thought we just lacked a quality centre from been a strong top 4 side.

Now it's looking over our shoulders and praying we get a good draw and a win in the 1895 semi.  I love that we're developing the youth players and it's great for the future, but if we aren't careful we're going to break them to. 

We did get the Levi in,but we are still struggling with our forwards who can't seem to get on top of the opposition forwards which lets our backs not been able to play any decent attacking rugby in the final third ,but again it probably comes down to finances to bring any quality players in to fill the gaps while we have players out injured.

4 hours ago, Puk said:

We did get the Levi in,but we are still struggling with our forwards who can't seem to get on top of the opposition forwards which lets our backs not been able to play any decent attacking rugby in the final third ,but again it probably comes down to finances to bring any quality players in to fill the gaps while we have players out injured.

This all goes back to us giving long term contracts to crocked players even though O'Hagan did ho back to Australia. Hopefully we will learn from it

Again commitment and effort from the team,but lacking numbers and quality in some positions and why have Barnard on the bench and not use him thought he had a decent game last week when he came on and looking at the league table we could certainly be in a relegation battle if we don't get players back sooner rather than later.

Thought we were great 2nd half going up the hill and dominated them. There's not many teams that will do that to Batley. It was a fantastic effort with the players we had available.  Unfortunately the problem is for all the pressure we put them under we just didn't have someone to produce a line break or that killer pass. Great effort but unfortunately the injuries cost us again today.

• Like 4

great effort today , game only decided on the final hooter , proud to be a knights fan , just think what we will do when we get the first choice 7 or 8 players missing  back.

• Like 3