Barrow Away

Batley Bob

16 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Another tough one for the boys! we are down on numbers and need some big bodies back in for this one maybe Hirst and kibula could fill in, it was a disappointing result last week but with the fixtures we have coming up this game I think it needs to be a win, with it being so tight in the top 6, 2 or 3 losses for us and the whole picture changes! Does anyone else think that the 6 in there already could be the final 6,in what ever order! 

1 hour ago, The scrim reaper said:

Another tough one for the boys! we are down on numbers and need some big bodies back in for this one maybe Hirst and kibula could fill in, it was a disappointing result last week but with the fixtures we have coming up this game I think it needs to be a win, with it being so tight in the top 6, 2 or 3 losses for us and the whole picture changes! Does anyone else think that the 6 in there already could be the final 6,in what ever order! 

Think that could the 6, although might be some movement at 4, 5 and 6 with us, Bulls and Panthers. That said a sneaky win against Eagles at home could turn that around, although looking at each others fixtures I think we have a considerably tougher run to the end of the season. But let's just get past Barrow this week first, it's never easy up there plus the seagulls nick my chips!.

This will be my first ever trip to Barrow, so just got to win this one to make the journey back enjoyable.

14 hours ago, RogerT said:

This will be my first ever trip to Barrow, so just got to win this one to make the journey back enjoyable.

Barrow is a great away day (second only to Batley ofcourse). Usually a healthy crowd, albeit quite partisan and hostile to the away team. A great ground but watch for the seagulls! We usually make a weekend of it and stay somewhere in Cumbria but Barrow is a good night out anyway.

• Like 1

Are there no rules on time for DR as there are for loans? And where's ours if we're on the bones of our behind? At least bringing big boy back, did well against 'em last match.

3 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Been told Hooley was training with our boys last night I suspect he could be playing Sunday, only thing is mcgowan is doing an excellent job at fullback himself. 

Tbh it's forwards we desperately need. I cannot understand why we haven't brought anyone in. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

9 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

Been told Hooley was training with our boys last night I suspect he could be playing Sunday, only thing is mcgowan is doing an excellent job at fullback himself. 

McGowan is doing great at full back, but I think with Hooley at fb and McGowan on the wing it gives us that bit more fire power. The only problem then is who do we leave out/rest.

18 hours ago, RogerT said:

How can Makin be on Dual Reg with London last week and loan to Barrow this week?

Because DR is a weekly thing   this lad has also been to 0ldham on DR  Wigans other partner so nowt new

Any way last week Broncos were missing both first choice props Albert and Bienik so asked their  DR masters wigan to send one this week they're both back so don't need ask and don't forget they also had one of ours playing who's still there because he's  on  a two week loan not DR

AND because barrow are struggling for players and are not on DR with anybody asked around for loans  they even asked us FEV in the end wigan offered him for a month

Thank you POR, still a bit of a mockery when they have a reserve team and scholarship set up(Bronco's).Barrow I can understand no reserves.

13 hours ago, colinb said:

Tbh it's forwards we desperately need. I cannot understand why we haven't brought anyone in. 

It's conjecture of course Colin, but if Hooley is available then a switch to wing for McGowan and a winger moving inside to centre might free up Senior to support the pack.  

2 hours ago, POR said:

Because DR is a weekly thing   this lad has also been to 0ldham on DR  Wigans other partner so nowt new

Any way last week Broncos were missing both first choice props Albert and Bienik so asked their  DR masters wigan to send one this week they're both back so don't need ask and don't forget they also had one of ours playing who's still there because he's  on  a two week loan not DR

AND because barrow are struggling for players and are not on DR with anybody asked around for loans  they even asked us FEV in the end wigan offered him for a month

So in theory a player could DR to a different club every week.And in theory he could play against the same club every week.Unlikely I know but possible under current rules.

1 minute ago, gittinsfan said:

So in theory a player could DR to a different club every week.And in theory he could play against the same club every week.Unlikely I know but possible under current rules.

YES and NO  G as rules stand super greed clubs can have arrangements with two different clubs  up to now only wigan do it so in theory wigan could alternate a player on DR between oldham and london each week FUNNY thing though even though they got DR they've got nobody on DR but  two on loan at oldham and one on loan at the bronco's and other loans all over the place including us FEV

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Really do we ? We have Hirst Gledhill Brown all to come back… 

Our pack will be fine this weekend 

Fair comment , but with respect, you have inside information, we comment on what we see, not what we know. If Linners knew that why was he asking  for recruitment via loans. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?