York 1895 semi final

Batley Bob

5 minutes ago, phildog said:

Are we aware that at 4 o'clock TODAY there is a football match on the pitch? Today's (and for that matter tomorrow's) weather for the North Yorkshire area is regular heavy rain, which bright sparks didn't get together to discuss the scheduling of a football FRIENDLY and an important RL cup semi-final within 18 hours of each other on the same pitch, not to mention the groundwork needed to convert the pitch and obliterate markings?

There will be no problem with York's pitch - a fast draining hybrid pitch, which looked like a carpet after the Summer Bash weekend - it is not Mount Pleasant.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RBKnight said:

There will be no problem with York's pitch - a fast draining hybrid pitch, which looked like a carpet after the Summer Bash weekend - it is not Mount Pleasant.

I just what to ask what’s wrong with mount pleasant? We held 4 finals the day the before Halifax other week and it looked lush 

39 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

I just what to ask what’s wrong with mount pleasant? We held 4 finals the day the before Halifax other week and it looked lush 

The slight slope means it drains well

• Haha 3

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Don't take offence lads, he just means that it lacks character!  Wouldn't it be boring if all grounds had enclosed stadiums with flat "hybrid" pitches.  Still, it does look a nice stadium and no doubt a credit to the city.

Edited by Bill H
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill H said:

Don't take offence lads, he just means that it lacks character!  Wouldn't it be boring if all grounds had enclosed stadiums with flat "hybrid" pitches.  Still, it does look a nice stadium and no doubt a credit to the city.

It is a nice stadium but i hate the coloured seats it looks like lego land but looks better with a big crowd in. Give me Bootham Crescent any day. 

To be fair for a modern stadium I can’t fault it, Bootham Crescent was falling down, no parking, no amenities and a dump, the only good thing was the pitch, now Clarence Street on the other hand was way better, apart from, no parking, wooden stand that was a fire hazard primitive toilets but the atmosphere was something else. Sadly, these days modern spectators want working, clean toilets, safety, comfort and all the other modern accoutrements that come with new stadia, what is the world coming to?.

• Like 2

Bulldogs best ground in league few years ago Martin sadler wrote a article in league express starting with on a sunny Sunday afternoon there is not a better place to watch a game of rugby league than Mount pleasant 

Halifax in final for the victors tomorrow 

• Like 2

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

On 18/07/2023 at 18:30, Piggy's mate said:

But why wouldn't you want to make it! Remember Barrow & Fev last season....

We miss tomorrow, heading south for a cruise, get back just in time to stop off at Wembley Aug 12th. Fingers crossed.

Excellent performance  by BATLEY today! everyone involved with the club, players coaches, backroom staff volunteers and the board all deserve credit today on how they have got our wonderful club to the amazing (DREAM   TRIP WEMBLEY) many a Batley fan never ever thought this day would come!! Also outstanding support too today! But I like many other regulars at the mount, will be left scratching our heads where all the extra support  and noise comes from when we get to the big games! I'm sure there was plenty interest at home and in the nash too! And I'm also guessing a lot of those folk watching are already planning their trip to Wembley! We need that support every week,At £10 a game  I don't know what else kev has to do to get those people up to the mount! so my shout is if you get to the mount more regular rather than just one offs there might be more of these wonderful occasions to look forward to! UP THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Excellent performance  by BATLEY today! everyone involved with the club, players coaches, backroom staff volunteers and the board all deserve credit today on how they have got our wonderful club to the amazing (DREAM OF A TRIP WEMBLEY) many a Batley fan never ever thought this day would come!! Also outstanding support too today! But I like many other regulars at the mount, will be left scratching our heads where all the extra support  and noise comes from when we get to the big games! I'm sure there was plenty interest at home and in the nash too! And I'm also guessing a lot of those folk watching are already planning their trip to Wembley! We need that support every week,At £10 a game  I don't know what else kev has to do to get those people up to the mount! so my shout is if you get the mount more regular rather than just one offs there might be more of these wonderful occasions to look forward to! UP THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS! 

To be fair, it's the same for every club in every sport. It's not the same mix of people every single game at the Mount, some people who might usually be working, might not be able to afford to attend every game etc will make the special effort for the big games. I couldn't go to York today, there have been a few games I haven't been able to make this season for one reason or another, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be at Wembley!! 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

To be fair, it's the same for every club in every sport. It's not the same mix of people every single game at the Mount, some people who might usually be working, might not be able to afford to attend every game etc will make the special effort for the big games. I couldn't go to York today, there have been a few games I haven't been able to make this season for one reason or another, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be at Wembley!! 

Congratulations again,  its same at Fev when we have 'big' games more fans come but if we lose they do the most moaning. Enjoy every minute because a chance to watch your own team play at Wembley doesn't happen very often for MOST teams.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Congratulations again,  its same at Fev when we have 'big' games more fans come but if we lose they do the most moaning. Enjoy every minute because a chance to watch your own team play at Wembley doesn't happen very often for MOST teams.

Thank you. I don't think it's really sunk in yet. And you're right. As a Leeds United fan also, the trips to Wembley are very few and far between!! I, and I'm sure my fellow Bulldogs fans, will be making the very most of it. 

• Like 3