Wednesday 23rd August: L1: Oldham V Workington Town: KO 7.30pm, Boundary Park, Oldham

Bedford Roughyed

Hopefully Cameron and Slater are back in for this , but wouldn't be surprised if Cameron , Slater , Blagbrough and Hartley miss out . 
Forber and Wilky are too similar , yes we needed a half on loan to cover Paga but Tyrer lacks experience , thought we could have got someone else but don't know who is available . Last time Tyrer played for us he knocked himself out in the first half and Slater had to play half , which he covered well , but left Wilky to play the 80 minutes . 
If Cameron and Slater keep missing out you've got to wonder about this " I want Oldham shirts worn in Oldham and Oldham lads wanting to play for Oldham " is that all talk especially if Wigan lads are coming in at the expense of Oldham lads . 

• Sad 1

Personally, I think we’ve managed DR well this season. We’ve hardly used it at the expense of our lads and players like slater have had plenty of game time. Cameron’s mostly been serving bans! Hes probably played half the games he’s been available for.

the club needs promotion this season. Pointless being idealistic 

• Like 3

Come on you Yeds. Turn ‘em over big time, rough ‘em up summat proper and get several ov em sent off. The nets are up there next week and we still have a chance of catching them….if we can beat Chester Crusaders on Sunday.

Onward Ornits Onward

• Haha 1

Both clubs will be gutted the game was called off, Town will suffer financially because of travel costs and paying wages for a non game. I also feel sorry for our fans who were travelling in good numbers. At the end of the day it was an horrific accident by all accounts and more than likely people were injured or worse. We missed out on a game that will be eventually played, we should all put things in perspective. Hoping the game isn’t midweek so we can still fetch a good following down.

• Like 2

Hope that any and everyone involved in the accident are ok and particularly that everyone associated with the Workington club is safe and ok. A very interesting set of results in the division today with Crusaders beating Rochdale, Hunslet beating Doncaster and Midlands getting within 5 points of Dewsbury.

• Like 1

• Bedford Roughyed changed the title to Wednesday 23rd August: L1: Oldham V Workington Town: KO 7.30pm, Boundary Park, Oldham
  • 2 weeks later...

Workington had a weekend off whilst we were struggling against Hornets. I fear we will run out of steam towards the end of the game. Win or lose it won't affect our league position, it's just a shame if we lose it will be at Boundary Park.

Listening to Dearden and Fordy on the radio the point made is valid about number of games played over the past couple of months taking the edge off our game. Let's hope the edge comes back for the rest of the season. I see both Hunslet and Doncaster both had good training sessions in their games scoring lots of points.

It looks like we have seen the last of Carr who went off with a head injury and McNally has been struggling for several games and I'm sure won't be available against Workington.

Paga has to play at number 7 so letting Slater and Wilkinson to do what they do best. 

Edited by jroyales
spelling mistake.

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Workington had a weekend off whilst we were struggling against Hornets. I fear we will run out of steam towards the end of the game. Win or lose it won't affect our league position, it's just a shame if we lose it will be at Boundary Park.

Listening to Dearden and Fordy on the radio the point made is valid about number of games played over the past couple of months taking the edge off our game. Let's hope the edge comes back for the rest of the season. I see both Hunslet and Doncaster both had good training sessions in their games scoring lots of points.

It looks like we have seen the last of Carr who went off with a head injury and McNally has been struggling for several games and I'm sure won't be available against Workington.

Paga has to play at number 7 so letting Slater and Wilkinson to do what they do best. 

Carr didnt go off with a head injury, Hurst did.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Last of Carr? What are you on about 🤷‍♂️ It will be a completely different game and performance. Suspect Rawsthorne moves to full back (he could be deadly returning the ball from there) and Ah Van back on the wing.

Edited by Roughyed Rats