Toulouse v Fev

17 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Glad to hear this mini drama has been sorted.

Widnes fans this week have had transport disrupted by strikes, weather problems, police shooting teenagers dead etc. and yet people somehow manage to take different flights, or use trains, hire cars or even buses. Toulouse is a big city in a country with superb transport infrastructure. Getting to Albi or Carcassonne is hardly difficult if that's where these games end up being rather than Blagnac.

Minimes is used by the Elite 1 side, but I'm not sure it'd cope with a couple of thousand paying spectators - it's more of a community sports facility than a stadium now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Widnes fans this week have had transport disrupted by strikes, weather problems, police shooting teenagers dead etc.

Surely nobody better used to this sort of stuff than Widnes fans.🥹

And seriously hope everyone enjoys the trip.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

It only takes one game, just one❗

Yes. Halifax showed that in the cup !.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2023 at 12:25, kiggy said:

Not sure how many would have already booked for a match in mid-september.

I'm not sure what is happening to be honest as looking at the matches in Toulouse for the WC, they only start 10th September so the Featherstone match should really be the only one truly affected. As it's Stade Toulousaine that have the final say, then all I can think of that the Japanese team get priority over the whole of the stadium from Mid-August, which is a bit ###### to be honest. 

Remember Pearl Harbour?

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Nailed on. Reminds me of the 1956 Grand national they are so far in front of everyone.

Ah yes Devon Loch , miles in front on the home run and then……..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Glad we arnt in it ,ridiculous being last game of four,what's the point ?

None at moment for Fev. Because it is all about getting in Super League. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cw25 said:

None at moment for Fev. Because it is all about getting in Super League. 

Yeah I agree and enjoyed going to the 2 finals we got to but it should be the curtain raiser not put to the back of the queue when 90% of fans will have gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah I agree and enjoyed going to the 2 finals we got to but it should be the curtain raiser not put to the back of the queue when 90% of fans will have gone.

To be fair for whichever teams do get there their fans probably couldn't be bothered whether it was first or last and will likely just be happy to get the chance to see their team play at Wembley.

5 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

To be fair for whichever teams do get there their fans probably couldn't be bothered whether it was first or last and will likely just be happy to get the chance to see their team play at Wembley.

It should be a curtain-raiser oxy , if not it's best not to bother 

• Like 1

Fans don't watch more than one game at a stadium anyway. Finals, bash, magic. When I have been, it's the lot for me !.

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It should be a curtain-raiser oxy , if not it's best not to bother 

As a neutral I would tend to agree but if my team gets there Im watching what ever the time of the kick off. 

If it were as a curtain raiser then for me personally I might not stay and watch the CC final if it had a team in there that I don't care for like Cats or Hull where as if its the last game on then I would likely take in the CC final as well so a little bit swings and roundabouts for me.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I'd like Batley to get there as they have never been but i like York as well,shame it wasn't  the final lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

As a neutral I would tend to agree but if my team gets there Im watching what ever the time of the kick off. 

If it were as a curtain raiser then for me personally I might not stay and watch the CC final if it had a team in there that I don't care for like Cats or Hull where as if its the last game on then I would likely take in the CC final as well so a little bit swings and roundabouts for me.

I can see your point, we stayed for both main finals.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Nailed on. Reminds me of the 1956 Grand national they are so far in front of everyone.

Crisp was over a fence clear of Red Rum but staggered like a drunken sailor on the long run in and got beat in the last two strides.It's all to play for a two or three match finale.

• Like 1

Fev obviously clear and not being caught , the MPG/CGF will be at Post Office Rd 

Who they play ? , Still work for Toulouse to do to collect home advantage 

My prediction 

A very nervous Fev to sneak a very close final win over Toulouse 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Ah yes Devon Loch , miles in front on the home run and then……..

And people say that no-one remembers who comes second.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It’s true I bet you don’t know who finished second in that race. 

You're right - Devon Loch gave up, didn't he?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Fev obviously clear and not being caught , the MPG/CGF will be at Post Office Rd 

My prediction 

Nervous is ONE word for it lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

My prediction 

Don't write Bradford off. Been excellent since Dunning left. The one match they did lose was against Toulouse. That sort of backs your prediction up tbh. I rate Bulls. Look at just their try scorers alone today, Quality.