Sun 9th Jul: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 12:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/23 at 11:30

3 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

that Rovers have absolutely no squad depth?

What team has a spare for both of their top two earners, making 2/3rd of the spine, and their main forwards? None. The fact we have much better squad depth this season is demonstrated by the scoreboard, against the city’s “big club” with their first-choice side 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Tumavavi has had a shocker of a game.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

21 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

6-6 at the moment proves that Rovers 2nd  stringers aren't that bad then.

I think when these players have had another couple of weeks together we’re set for a strong finish. Squad’s looking good. Lot of errors today, which killed us. But time will sort that out. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 minute ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I think when these players have had another couple of weeks together we’re set for a strong finish. Squad’s looking good. Lot of errors today, which killed us. But time will sort that out. 

Yeah they haven't done bad,my Wife said i don't know a lot of the Hull kr players,shows how many are missing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hullste said:

Really poor quality game. Both sets of Hull fans claim it's the biggest derby in Rugby League, I find it hard to support that when you look at the records of both teams since the start of super League.

From a neutral TV viewer perspective I think this derby game always comes across better at Hull FC's ground.  

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

You dont like to see players injured, but maybe Peters will sit Lewis down after that, and sat, stop being a #####,  just play the game, you just got yourself injured 

I hope he has no lasting effects, but it did feel like karma that he hurt himself in the act of trying to win a penalty.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

This is Hull FCs first choice side.

Except it's not though is it. At least 3 missing. You could argue 4. And you're not still counting Coote are you?

Just admit, you blew yourselves out in the first quarter of the season and now you look like what you are, a bottom half team.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

You dont like to see players injured, but maybe Peters will sit Lewis down after that, and sat, stop being a #####,  just play the game, you just got yourself injured 

Best of luck with that 😂 , good little player is Mickey , but he's a typical RL scrum half , not much chance calming him down 

1 minute ago, MZH said:

Except it's not though is it. At least 3 missing. You could argue 4. And you're not still counting Coote are you?

Just admit, you blew yourselves out in the first quarter of the season and now you look like what you are, a bottom half team.

In the Challenge Cup semi final 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MZH said:

If that was true I’d admit it.

Coote and Abdul are our two most expensive players, the side is planned around them. Whether he’s been forced to retire, or out for another reason, he’s out.

I’m perfectly happy with Rovers’ progress, because I know and understand the detail, and I’m neither a fair weather supporter with a sense of entitlement nor a fan of another club seeking solace in another’s performance instead of worrying about their own.

Hull KR will be in the play offs, and are in a Challenge Cup semi. That’s our level, and we’re continuing to build well for next season. I leave delusions of grandeur to the other lot. They deserved today’s win and I’m fine with that, it’s rugby not WWE. Your side loses matches. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Best of luck with that 😂 , good little player is Mickey , but he's a typical RL scrum half , not much chance calming him down 

Exactly. He is who he is. Just as Long was, and Gregory was, and numerous annoying scrum halves over the years. 

42 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

If that was true I’d admit it.

Coote and Abdul are our two most expensive players, the side is planned around them. Whether he’s been forced to retire, or out for another reason, he’s out.

I’m perfectly happy with Rovers’ progress, because I know and understand the detail, and I’m neither a fair weather supporter with a sense of entitlement nor a fan of another club seeking solace in another’s performance instead of worrying about their own.

Hull KR will be in the play offs, and are in a Challenge Cup semi. That’s our level, and we’re continuing to build well for next season. I leave delusions of grandeur to the other lot. They deserved today’s win and I’m fine with that, it’s rugby not WWE. Your side loses matches. 

The comment about Coote and Abdul is certainly a fair one. I sympathise because Hull have been in that situation plenty of times too. But good teams with deep squads deal with it a lot better than you are.

I don't think you will make the playoffs now tbh, I think that ship has sailed. The cup is a more realistic target to achieve something. 

Unlike a lot of Hull fans I don't have any ill will towards Rovers. If we were 1st if be quite happy for you to be 2nd, and if you go and win the cup I'd congratulate you. But after spending the first part of the season hearing how good you are, that the power has shifted, we are a mess on and off the pitch etc etc. I hope you can understand me not being particularly upset about your downturn in form.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I think both Hull teams will just miss out on the play offs 

Probably. I think Leeds might just edge us out now that they seem to have got their act together.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Bigger ground? Bigger crowd ?

Yes, plus better acoustics helped by having all the Rovers fans packing out that away end.  Rovers ground is a bit too open plan.

• Like 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

I think Tony Smith was very carefully accurate in his summing up at the end of the game.

"We weren't allowed quick play the balls" followed shortly after with "Because we couldn't get quick play the balls", or words to that effect, was a very good summing up of the game.

It seemed that every time a Hull player was tackled a third defender appeared a second or two after to slow down the ptb yet Thaler didn't once penalise this.

Very pleased with Cam Scott's input into Swift's wonderful try, I've been a critic but he's come good of late, as has Darnell Mcintosh.

Along with the great Headingley test result, that was an enjoyable day's sport.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

A perfect description of your fellow Hull KR supporter "Dimmest Star".

Let's see if they contribute after this afternoon's game.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)