Sat 15th Jul: SL: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 15:00

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/23 at 14:30

Pretty poor quality game, all Hull really had to do was run hard against an apathetic and passive Cas defence.  Can't remember Hull taking a 5th tackle play that wasn't an attacking kick, ate meters up in yardage with ease.

Albert Vete is about as close to been a  conditioned elite athlete,  as I am to dating Beyonce.

Good old Lasty, the talking cure for insomnia smashed the half time team talk again.

Edited by Gates1

29 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'll bet Satae is regretting offloading when he probably could have gone all the way. 😁

• Haha 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

A pretty grim error fest of a first half followed by a second half when Cas decided not to compete much as regards tackling.

Thats about it sadly.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Also, not quite sure what was happening in the Cas end, but seemed a bit of bother midway through the second half. A bottle was thrown in the pitch after a Hull try at one point, nearly hitting the touch judge. Didn't represent the club very well today.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

As others have said, a win is a win. Cas are poor but they are still fighting for their lives. We lost Houghton and Tuimavave in the first half and Cam Scott had to go off for a HIA too although he did come back, so we did it pretty tough for a while but we found a couple of gears in the second half and Cas couldn't match it. 

Two weeks to regroup now and get ready for a big playoff push. Hopefully Leigh do us a favour today by beating Salford.

58 minutes ago, MZH said:

As others have said, a win is a win. Cas are poor but they are still fighting for their lives. We lost Houghton and Tuimavave in the first half and Cam Scott had to go off for a HIA too although he did come back, so we did it pretty tough for a while but we found a couple of gears in the second half and Cas couldn't match it. 

Two weeks to regroup now and get ready for a big playoff push. Hopefully Leigh do us a favour today by beating Salford.

Hopefully not! 😉

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

2 hours ago, MZH said:

I thought Cam Scott passing his HIA was huge for us. He was outstanding again and is developing into a hell of a player.

As for the game as a whole, I wasn't surprised we started a bit flat on a short turnaround after the euphoria of a derby win but was impressed with the way we came out after half-time and more or less won the game within five minutes of the restart. Adam Swift's try on the back of Chris Satae's rampaging run was worth the admission money on its own. Satae was just unplayable at times. We saw the good side of Brad Dwyer again too.

Cas didn't lack heart and they've got some threat but you can't win a game making the soft errors they did. They gave away cheap ball time and time again.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Crowd was 12,300 and summat, quite impressive.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Crowd was 12,300 and summat, quite impressive.

Good stuff, Saturday afternoons for home games seems to be working out pretty well for us.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The BBC site has Hull FC as play off contenders after beating the worst team in the league, at home. Did the performance merit that kind of assessment? 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

13 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

The BBC site has Hull FC as play off contenders after beating the worst team in the league, at home. Did the performance merit that kind of assessment? 

Debatable but if we maintain the win ratio of the last ten games over the remaining eight then we'll make it.

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Not in isolation no, but we are within 2 points of the playoffs now and we have won 8 of our last 11, including wins against 4 teams currently occupying playoff spots. Even when we have lost games during that run we have performed reasonable well. 

I can actually see a scenario where both of our sides make it. I thought you were on a downward spiral but that was a really impressive win against Leeds. If you win next week then I reckon your playoff chances get a lot longer with a cup final to distract you. But if you lose then it's all focus on the league. Salford are struggling. Warrington don't look like they know what winning is anymore. Leeds look like potential champions one week and like a championship team the next. The two Hull teams occupying 5th and 6th isn't beyond comprehension.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MZH said:

Not in isolation no, but we are within 2 points of the playoffs now and we have won 8 of our last 11, including wins against 4 teams currently occupying playoff spots. Even when we have lost games during that run we have performed reasonable well. 

I can actually see a scenario where both of our sides make it. I thought you were on a downward spiral but that was a really impressive win against Leeds. If you win next week then I reckon your playoff chances get a lot longer with a cup final to distract you. But if you lose then it's all focus on the league. Salford are struggling. Warrington don't look like they know what winning is anymore. Leeds look like potential champions one week and like a championship team the next. The two Hull teams occupying 5th and 6th isn't beyond comprehension.

We're level on points with Leeds, two behind Rovers and Salford and on better form than all three of them.

But we all know what can happen to form.

6 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

8.000 paying customers which is why Pearson has cut next years budget by £500k.

Please explain.

9 hours ago, Ullman said:

We're level on points with Leeds, two behind Rovers and Salford and on better form than all three of them.

But we all know what can happen to form.

I wouldn't write Salford off, anyone who does will do so at their own peril. Of the 3 games they have played Leigh this season they played as well yesterday and could so easily have made it 3/3, but Leigh have got that winning habit now and that was the difference, I have no doubt that Salford will easily be in the top 6 and I will go as far to say along with Catalans the other 5 teams will be from west of the Pennines, including Wire!

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I wouldn't write Salford off, anyone who does will do so at their own peril. Of the 3 games they have played Leigh this season they played as well yesterday and could so easily have made it 3/3, but Leigh have got that winning habit now and that was the difference, I have no doubt that Salford will easily be in the top 6 and I will go as far to say along with Catalans the other 5 teams will be from west of the Pennines, including Wire!

Salford are the one team that I am writing off tbh. They've lost 5 in 5 and their upcoming fixtures are pretty horrible.

Their next 5 are:

Catalans away

Saints home

Huddersfield away

Wakefield home

Wigan away

Even 2 from 5 would be a really good return from that lot, and even that might not be enough to keep them in the race.

18 minutes ago, MZH said:

Salford are the one team that I am writing off tbh. They've lost 5 in 5 and their upcoming fixtures are pretty horrible.

Their next 5 are:

Catalans away

Saints home

Huddersfield away

Wakefield home

Wigan away

Even 2 from 5 would be a really good return from that lot, and even that might not be enough to keep them in the race.

Well time will tell MZ, I think they may well surprise or ambush some of those fixtures.

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well time will tell MZ, I think they may well surprise or ambush some of those fixtures.

I'm sure there will be plenty of twists and turns. No one really seems to be taking Hull seriously as a playoff candidate, but we have all the momentum.

Half way through April we were 11th with 4 points from 9 games and crossing our fingers that Wakefield wouldn't find some form.

In the 10 games since we have 14 points. For comparison, in the same period, Salford have 10, Leeds and Hull KR have 8, and Warrington have 6. We've still got a lot of work to do, but if we maintain the standards we have shown in the last 3 months we will get in, and perhaps could even get 5th.

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

I'm sure there will be plenty of twists and turns. No one really seems to be taking Hull seriously as a playoff candidate, but we have all the momentum.

Half way through April we were 11th with 4 points from 9 games and crossing our fingers that Wakefield wouldn't find some form.

In the 10 games since we have 14 points. For comparison, in the same period, Salford have 10, Leeds and Hull KR have 8, and Warrington have 6. We've still got a lot of work to do, but if we maintain the standards we have shown in the last 3 months we will get in, and perhaps could even get 5th.

Aye, lots of ifs and buts to play out.

3 hours ago, MZH said:

As you don't face the Leopards again you might have a chance 😉 

I really can't believe I just posted that , even in jest , somebody wake me up will you ? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1