Signing

homeandawayer

7 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

In other signing news, Alex Young has signed for the Sidney Roosters...... 😲

2yr Development contract, all part of the agreement in getting his brother Dom to sign on for next year, not a chance Alex will be anywhere near the NRL squad 

7 minutes ago, Town Army said:

2yr Development contract, all part of the agreement in getting his brother Dom to sign on for next year, not a chance Alex will be anywhere near the NRL squad 

Good luck to the kid, but suspect you are 100% correct, no where near NSW cup standard let alone NRL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Great for him , it’s a hell of an experience and whichever level he plays he’ll come on and get excellent training and conditioning . He’s a nice guy to so I wish him well

Totally agree, he got some stick from people who should know better, he made a couple of howlers, but mostly was a steady player. With the right coaching, you never know what he's capable of!

• Like 1

Eye brows were raised when his brother was picked up and look what happened. 

It states in the report 3 super league clubs were after him which I don't think was the case as he didn't have the best of seasons last season or World Cup.

But again good luck to him he always tried

• Like 1

Personally hope he makes it, just to  give a middle finger to the people that used to shout dross to him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 20/07/2023 at 16:01, homeandawayer said:

No way did i think you were serious , i don't know why i even Googled it !!

Looks like a package deal to me, both brothers or none,  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Town Army said:

Why did they do that? 

To secure Dom's signature, everyone seen what he was capable of in the world cup.

10 hours ago, Town Army said:

Why did they do that? 

You tell me, for some reason some people like to have their claws into someone. 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

I wish him well in this chance he's got, but I also don't see him ever making an NRL appearance as he just isn't anywhere near good enough. I thought he did OK for us, but no more than that, was disappointing more often than not. I don't see too many getting their claws into him over this, more incredulity as no one ever saw this happening  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dkw said:

I wish him well in this chance he's got, but I also don't see him ever making an NRL appearance as he just isn't anywhere near good enough. I thought he did OK for us, but no more than that, was disappointing more often than not. I don't see too many getting their claws into him over this, more incredulity as no one ever saw this happening  

It’s being seen as a salary cap dodge by people in Oz. Development players don’t count on their cap. Pay Alex well and if he happens to give some of his earnings to his brother then that’s nowt to do with the club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 22/07/2023 at 10:56, anok4u said:

I wouldn't call it having theirs claws in to someone, i would say its people having an opinion on a player. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JMB said:

I wouldn't call it having theirs claws in to someone, i would say its people having an opinion on a player. 

If you went to matches you might of heard some stuff, one match in particular a group behind me were at him every time he touched it. Not good to hear.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JMB said:

I thought when i first saw him "mate you're going to have to be good" because he had all the physical attributes but those players have higher expectations on them and they stand out in a crowd. The lad tried hard every game and made more ground than Clegg in my opinion but he wasn't good and if he could have caught a ball with his height at least that would've been an asset. I've never been less interested than i was last year watching second rate Newcastle players playing predictable rubgy. Undoubtedly it's a much lower level and i do want to go back in the championship but this year has been great regardless of results just watching the likes if Key, Reid, Walker ,Marwood etc. being allowed to play and improve game on game and Sabutey is a bonus.

• Like 6

On 23/07/2023 at 17:10, anok4u said:

If you went to matches you might of heard some stuff, one match in particular a group behind me were at him every time he touched it. Not good to hear.

Must admit i probably didn't  go in person to as many games as you,  i attend about 6/7 games and then watched the rest on video, and to be truthful the games i watched on video showed more on how he struggled in defence and also not safe under the high ball, and nothing improved throughout the season with him. 

2 hours ago, JMB said:

Must admit i probably didn't  go in person to as many games as you,  i attend about 6/7 games and then watched the rest on video, and to be truthful the games i watched on video showed more on how he struggled in defence and also not safe under the high ball, and nothing improved throughout the season with him. 

To be fair Dom had similar issues at the beginning of this season, Knights dropped him to NSW cup side but when he returned different player and is now at top of try scoring charts in NRL. Shows what good coaching can achieve

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

Good riddance to him then, if that’s the limit of his ambitions.

Just to quash any unnecessary rumours, Fergus has trained hard, and was a fantastic professional whilst with us, he's opted to move back closer to home for personal reasons. He never missed a training session and committed to the cause by moving to Cumbria, he has been a model professional and is well thought of and will always be welcome at WTRLFC. 

We wish him all the best for the future. 

Graeme 

Director 

Workington Town RLFC 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

Just to quash any unnecessary rumours, Fergus has trained hard, and was a fantastic professional whilst with us, he's opted to move back closer to home for personal reasons. He never missed a training session and committed to the cause by moving to Cumbria, he has been a model professional and is well thought of and will always be welcome at WTRLFC. 

We wish him all the best for the future. 

Graeme 

Director 

Workington Town RLFC 

Well said

• Like 1