Sunday 6th August: L1: Cornwall V Oldham: KO 1.00pm, The Memorial Ground, Penryn.

Bedford Roughyed

Discuss the game here.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Awkward game after 2 weekends with no game . Don't actually need the 2 points but this is effectively the start of a mini season leading to the play offs , so need to set the tone and be on a good run of form . 
Hopefully no more injuries picked up , but what we can try to avoid is any new suspensions .
Hopefully enough time for Ellis to get fit , but more important not to risk him and get through the next 2 games without Paga also .We have enough time to sort out what we are doing at halfback either with or without Ellis.

• Like 1

In some respects it’s the perfect run in for yeds prior to playoffs. Time for the team to work on things, suspensions to end and Ellis and co to gain fitness. However, I think litter's departure will destabilise the team.

Edited by Happyed

3 hours ago, Happyed said:

However, I think litter's departure will destabilise the team.

If he is leaving he needs to go asap to  allow the interim coach chance to work with the squad

Enjoyed a lot of the rugby under SL but there is definitely something not right at the moment 

Edited by sheddingswasus
Spelling
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

If he is leaving he needs to go asap to  allow the interim coach chance to work with the squad

Enjoyed a lot of the rugby under SL but there is definitely something not right at the moment 

Spot on. Had his head turned and our form has nosedived since Kear was sacked. Coincidence? Don’t believe in them. Time for him to go. Would Fordy step in for the rest of the season? Can he do that as part owner and managing director?

2 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Hmmmmm! Doncaster tonked by hurricanes today.

And Midland Hurricanes were, themselves, tonked by Cornwall just seven days ago !

• Confused 1

Ah Van missed our last game but no mention of why and no mention of him since, unless I have missed something. Does anyone know if anything is wrong that we should be worried about or is he just injured or had a prior arranged event to attend. Hope someone can put my mind at rest.

55 minutes ago, Ex-scrumhalf said:

Ah Van missed our last game but no mention of why and no mention of him since, unless I have missed something. Does anyone know if anything is wrong that we should be worried about or is he just injured or had a prior arranged event to attend. Hope someone can put my mind at rest.

According to the club website, he’d made an agreement to miss that game before the season started. He’ll be back for Cornwall 

• Thanks 1

The last four games will be odd ones. They are, as far as play offs are concerned, dead rubbers. So what do we do? Go full out and risk injury or even suspensions? Do we use the games, as one would friendlies, to try out a few things? Do we use them to give peripheral players a go? I'm conflicted, because I want the best and fittest for the playoffs. 

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot

Come on you lot……the pasties are only one win behind the sleeping giants, the hornets, and we still have to play them down on the riviera. Surely you can do us a favour…and thrash them. We might be a little easier on you when you come to Spotland if you do.

• Haha 3

Just now, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Fordy is an experienced old head. He knows all about the emotions and politics of the changing room. He'll sort them out and get them working together again. 

Totally agree, we shouldn’t lose another game in the league campaign. Ford will earn his crust in the play off series. A coach of his calibre at Oldham is excellent 

• Like 1