Cornwall

Derwent Park SC

17 minutes ago, pmac said:

4 games to go against teams that have beaten us this season, it will be interesting to see how we go from here on.

Yes its been a bitof a phoney war . These games will tell us how far weve come and where we are

• Like 1

How can you say we would go up next season .Β  if the opportunityΒ  is there go for it . Like Derwent Parker saysΒ  we need out of this league . I would hope there would be just two leagues .Β  even if it was divided into two sections . Then the top 4 of each league play each other at the end of the fixtures to see who finishes topΒ  .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, silverfox said:

How can you say we would go up next season .Β  if the opportunityΒ  is there go for it . Like Derwent Parker saysΒ  we need out of this league . I would hope there would be just two leagues .Β  even if it was divided into two sections . Then the top 4 of each league play each other at the end of the fixtures to see who finishes topΒ  .

That's why I have opened the discussion early.

2 years ago promotion seemed to come as a shock, without any forward planning and we struggled to build a team for that reason and a poor strategy, from Chris who we all thought was a good coach.

We have been told that the board have been planning a team for next year and z promotion push. We'll if the foundations are in place do we have a plan b as well as plan a.

My head says we are a year off being strong enough for promotion, both on and off the field, but again, is there ever a good time to go up as every promoted team needs to strengthen!

I’ve a lot more confidence in this current board, and I can’t for one minute think that Mr Murdock hasn’t thought about promotion and what it would take to build a competitive side which can compete and avoid relegation in the first season.

so let’s just go for it, if we go up then great, if not then we go again in 2024Β 

Β 

• Like 1