The 2024 Kit Thread

46 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Call me a mentally deranged idiot, but shouldn't that have been the home kit to start with?

You're a... :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Always like to post this link, mainly to show all the NRL jerseys in one place, but also to highlight the latest iteration of Souths merely changing black for white on their 'alternate' jersey....for the 13th year running. 

Souths design team - it's good work if you can get it! 

https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/2024-nrl-jerseys/

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, meast said:

Is that orange? 

Nope. Not to my eyes, anyway.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Always like to post this link, mainly to show all the NRL jerseys in one place, but also to highlight the latest iteration of Souths merely changing black for white on their 'alternate' jersey....for the 13th year running. 

Souths design team - it's good work if you can get it! 

https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/2024-nrl-jerseys/

god that really does show you how simple the home to away change should/could be while keeping the identity of the club clean and obvious.. switch the colours around or make the dominate colour on each shirt dark then light but the designs for home and away are pretty much identical.

26 minutes ago, RP London said:

god that really does show you how simple the home to away change should/could be while keeping the identity of the club clean and obvious.. switch the colours around or make the dominate colour on each shirt dark then light but the designs for home and away are pretty much identical.

100% I get the idea of having an 'ot there' 3rd kit but IMO the home ad away should be the club colours, that link shows how easy it can be done.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RP London said:

31 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

100% I get the idea of having an 'ot there' 3rd kit but IMO the home ad away should be the club colours, that link shows how easy it can be done.

Broadly, I *think* I agree - but I do also quite like the alternate shirt being a bit out there too. 

As an older fan I prefer Wire kits to look like a Wire kit, and would generally follow the approach of the NRL clubs there - however, then when I think about it, some of my favourite Wire kits are the red and green, and red and black shirts that we've had, so that contradicts my view. I'm not a fan of the random colours of the away shirt this year, but I think they have targeted a far younger demographic than me. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Broadly, I *think* I agree - but I do also quite like the alternate shirt being a bit out there too. 

As an older fan I prefer Wire kits to look like a Wire kit, and would generally follow the approach of the NRL clubs there - however, then when I think about it, some of my favourite Wire kits are the red and green, and red and black shirts that we've had, so that contradicts my view. I'm not a fan of the random colours of the away shirt this year, but I think they have targeted a far younger demographic than me. 

I think my point is the clubs all have a minimum of 3 shirts a year, so there's room to accommodate an 'out there shirt'

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think my point is the clubs all have a minimum of 3 shirts a year, so there's room to accommodate an 'out there shirt'

Yeah, that makes sense. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Thats my general thinking too.. 

also I like the 2 year rule in the NRL for keeping a shirt.

17 minutes ago, RP London said:

Thats my general thinking too.. 

also I like the 2 year rule in the NRL for keeping a shirt.

I don't mind the clubs changing the shirts every year ( I like collecting them) the clubs also need the cash a bit more over here than in the NRL