I need some help with my Master's Dissertation!

I have a favour to ask!

So I'm writing a Master's Dissertation about Building Fan Communities in Rugby League and I need to conduct a focus group, full of fans to talk all about rugby! It would last around 30-40 minutes, can be done online and it doesn't matter what team you support!

If you're interested in helping out, then please click the link below and fill in a short survey so I can gather some details! If you want anymore information then just send me a message. Thank you!

• Like 4

Done - sounds really interesting, especially considering I was one of the ones who felt my team (Wigan) destroyed in part some of our heritage in replacing the traditional badge and rebranding it for the sake of saving a few quid (going off how Rads explained it at the time), potentially alienating a lot of our older generations of fan - anyway, I'll save that particular rant for the time being!

Edited by overtheborder
Clarification

27 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

Done - sounds really interesting, especially considering I was one of the ones who felt my team (Wigan) destroyed in part some of our heritage in replacing the traditional badge and rebranding it for the sake of saving a few quid (going off how Rads explained it at the time), potentially alienating a lot of our older generations of fan - anyway, I'll save that particular rant for the time being!

How did changing a badge save money?

1 hour ago, Arizonared said:

As a rovers fan I disagree. Don't like the new one.

Does any RL fan anywhere  ever not hate something new but prefers the old one, no matter what it is: stadium, rules, commentary etc etc?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Does any RL fan anywhere  ever not hate something new but prefers the old one, no matter what it is: stadium, rules, commentary etc etc?

I’ve just been sat here for at least ten minutes trying to think of something, but have drawn a blank. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eddie said:

Cheaper to make as much less detail. Norwich and Atletico Madrid have both dumbed theirs down recently for the same reason. 

Simpler badges work better and more easily across more formats.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yep, they don’t look as good though. 

Atletico have announced they are changing back - found that out whilst googling just now about new badges.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

39 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Atletico have announced they are changing back - found that out whilst googling just now about new badges.

Good news that, their old badge is a classic, and the new one is garbage in comparison. Hopefully Norwich will do the same, and Wigan RL. 

22 hours ago, emjparker said:
I have a favour to ask!

So I'm writing a Master's Dissertation about Building Fan Communities in Rugby League and I need to conduct a focus group, full of fans to talk all about rugby! It would last around 30-40 minutes, can be done online and it doesn't matter what team you support!

If you're interested in helping out, then please click the link below and fill in a short survey so I can gather some details! If you want anymore information then just send me a message. Thank you!

Done - sounds like a really worthwhile experiment for the game. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Good news that, their old badge is a classic, and the new one is garbage in comparison. Hopefully Norwich will do the same, and Wigan RL. 

I wish we would go back 1 badge and ironically (though it is sheffield wednesday!) its simpler and probably more t'internet friendly

New one

spacer.png

Better old one

spacer.png

Edited by RP London
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, RP London said:

I wish we would go back 1 badge and ironically (though it is sheffield wednesday!) its simpler and probably more t'internet friendly

New one

spacer.png

Better old one

spacer.png

Love both of these. Have always had a soft spot for Wednesday, loved them when I was a kid and it's probably got a bit to do with the bottom badge which they had around that time.

Edited by OnStrike

On 26/07/2023 at 11:59, emjparker said:
I have a favour to ask!

Done. Good luck with it

1 hour ago, RP London said:

New one

spacer.png

Better old one

spacer.png

As an 80s child and avid collector of Panini stickers, that is the one that resonates with me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RP London said:

New one

spacer.png

Better old one

spacer.png

Yeah the Wednesday rebrand seems to go against everything everyone is doing now - which is basically simplify and make compatible with a monochrome palette. Ironically that is exactly what the old badge was.

Granted, a lot of things at Hillsborough have been odd for some time now.

• Like 1