Oliver Gildart to join Leigh for the rest of the season?

And play against future employers Hull KR in the RL Cup final?

Shirley not!

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/oliver-gildart-join-hull-krs-8637937

Is it April 1st all over again?

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

17 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Shirley not!

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/oliver-gildart-join-hull-krs-8637937

Any player that is signed now cannot play in the Cup final. According to the Operational Rules (on the RFL website) section B3:9 on eligibilty of players in order to be eligible for the CC Semi Finals or Final a player had to have been registered with the club before close of business on the Friday 1 week prior to the Semi Finals being played.

Gildart if signed now could play in SL but not in the Cup as the deadline for the CC has passed (it was July 14th this year).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Shirley not!

Embarrasing post. Clearly you dont know the rules of the sport.

Id advise the mods to delete  this pointless thread

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

That's big of you. I'm sure the mods will welcome your involvement. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Bloody Hell, I misread the article okay?

I couldn't see how he would be available without going too deep into it, that's why I suggested April 1st.

WTF is wrong with some posters?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Bloody Hell, I misread the article okay?

I couldn't see how he would be available without going too deep into it, that's why I suggested April 1st.

WTF is wrong with some posters?

It's a poorly written article. What does "But he could now secure a deal that will see him play out the Super League season with Adrian Lam's side, and even potentially play against his future employers in one of their biggest-ever games." mean if he is not available to play in the Challenge Cup final.

And yes, we can agree and disagree on here (and correct each other) without jumping straight to the kind of posts on this thread. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I find some of the reaction to this news quite strange, not so much on here but by some journalists pushing the challenge cup finalists angle.

It’s a player that cannot get a game for his current club potentially moving to a club that has just had a player who plays his position get an injury, on a short term basis. The fact that he wouldn’t be eligible for the final makes his choice of club next season even more irrelevant.

For all we know there could be a Leigh player that’s agreed to join Hull KR next season, or vice versa, that we don’t know about anyway. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's a poorly written article. What does "But he could now secure a deal that will see him play out the Super League season with Adrian Lam's side, and even potentially play against his future employers in one of their biggest-ever games." mean if he is not available to play in the Challenge Cup final.

And yes, we can agree and disagree on here (and correct each other) without jumping straight to the kind of posts on this thread. 

Indeed, well pointed out.

3 hours ago, sam4731 said:

Mods, can we not do something about the posters who are essentially bullying certain members on here?

Me over the last two or three days...

Bullying Cartoon Graphics, Designs & Templates

• Haha 4

On 28/07/2023 at 23:12, Ragingbull said:

I played lower-level  rugby union for thirty years till 1998 and reffed a good few games when one didn't turn up. I didn't know all the rules and explained this in the oppostion dressing room before the game started. I invariably got the response that they didn't know all the rules either but we'd give it a go.

These days, I'm assuming the game would probably be (rightly) called off over insurance issues and not having a certificated referee. Result; thirty players wouldn't get a game.

It's a safe bet that not one of the thirty players would have had the faintest idea about signing deadlines. In that respect, I think it would be the same today in either code of rugby.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 29/07/2023 at 21:15, Dunbar said:

To be fair to the journalist he's clearly referring to the Hull KR vs Leigh Grand Final. I've already bought tickets. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I reckon once he gets his feet under the table at Leigh, being so close to home he may hamper to stay, instead of going to the far east, were they don't half talk funny, no seriously going to Aus for different lifestyle is one thing but if you are coming home then come home.

I hope he does to be honest. Then we can play Hiku at centre next season instead of the current plan at #1, and keep Mikey Lewis at full back where he always should have been playing anyway. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

21 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I hope he does to be honest. Then we can play Hiku at centre next season instead of the current plan at #1, and keep Mikey Lewis at full back where he always should have been playing anyway. 

Can see your point Bronco, but how would you fo see the KR managements reaction, to what would essentially be a snubbing by the player and could it be construed as an illegal approach by Leigh?

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Can see your point Bronco, but how would you fo see the KR managements reaction, to what would essentially be a snubbing by the player and could it be construed as an illegal approach by Leigh?

I'm sure we quite rightly would kick off. Contracts are contracts. Degsy can always pay us a transfer fee though, we could use it to fund a wrap on Neil's Ford Mondeo to cover it in little robins. I mean it wouldn't be as good as a leopard print Lamborghini but it would stand out on Preston Road for sure

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Mikey Lewis and a few others to get a 1 match ban for watching the game against Wigan in a reckless manner.

"This viewing technique is out of control" said Paul Wellens.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, phiggins said:

Mikey Lewis and a few others to get a 1 match ban for watching the game against Wigan in a reckless manner.

"This viewing technique is out of control" said Paul Wellens.

Wellen's eyes were out of control during that interview more like !!

Ill have a scoop of whatever he had. No doubt it was Thatto Heaths finest !! 🤪😜😂