11 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

So your claim that hybrid is "not allowed in SL, and rightly so" was made with zero evidence? Cheers for clearing that up

It certainly shouldn't be allowed in SL, if it is then that is quite rightly a joke.

• Like 2

Super League is supposed to be for Elite Full Time players - not Part Time players.

If they want to continue with their career because it pays more, then that is a problem that needs to be rectified.

Bringing part time players into super league only brings standards down, and would make the league worse overall.

How many players actually fit into the bracket of "they would be in SL if it wasn't for their full time job earning them more" ? I can't imagine there actually is a lot compared to the amount we are told.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Click said:

Super League is supposed to be for Elite Full Time players - not Part Time players.

If they want to continue with their career because it pays more, then that is a problem that needs to be rectified.

Bringing part time players into super league only brings standards down, and would make the league worse overall.

How many players actually fit into the bracket of "they would be in SL if it wasn't for their full time job earning them more" ? I can't imagine there actually is a lot compared to the amount we are told.

How would having the best part time players playing in SL bring the standard down? There are a lot of players playing in the Championship who have had offers to play in SL but it simply is not worth it to them. Pretty much half the Fax team have had offers in the past 2 or 3 years while either at Fax or before joining Fax to play in SL but it would mean them been squad players and getting paid a pittance. Fev players will certainly be in the same boat and I bet there is a lot more players at other teams as well. The fact is there is not enough money in the game where established part time players could step up to SL and it be worth their while to quit their jobs and become full time.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Click said:

It certainly shouldn't be allowed in SL, if it is then that is quite rightly a joke.

I'm told from a very reliable source that while it may or may not be explicitly stated in the operational rules, all Super League playing contracts are on a full time basis so it is not possible to run a hybrid squad. 

If Fev make it to Super League, they will run with a full time squad in 2024.

10 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'm told from a very reliable source that while it may or may not be explicitly stated in the operational rules, all Super League playing contracts are on a full time basis so it is not possible to run a hybrid squad. 

I wouldn't worry we won't make it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Can they afford it?

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Can they afford it?

Why wouldn't they? As has been posted previously, the difference between SL funding and the salary cap is pretty certain to be smaller than the funding gap between what they currently receive and this season's (and previous season's) wage bill.

There seems to be a view from some that Fev intend to run as hybrid if promoted. The only time that was mooted was when there was a sudden gap from COVID and Toronto disappearing, when they and Leigh offered to step up mid season. I've never seen anything from the club to suggest they'd be anything other than FT if promoted now.

Edited by gazza77
  • Like 6

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Don’t understand all this fuss. What’s wrong with having your moment of glory with the side that got you there. If you’re not good enough you come back down. Where’s the problem

• Like 5

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

12 hours ago, DEANO said:

Don’t understand all this fuss. What’s wrong with having your moment of glory with the side that got you there. If you’re not good enough you come back down. Where’s the problem

Because some people, rather than see a team put out a competitive squad, would rather they brought in the remaining full time players that nobody wants to sign and see that team get battered every week. 

Fax won't be going full time if promoted.

Edited by The Blues Ox

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If clubs aren't able to run as a full time Operation that makes them a C grade for sure and should never be in Super League

Which is totally irrelevant this season and next. Fax will obviously not be in the top 12 clubs when it comes to grading next season so going up, going FT, only to then have to go part time again the following season would be suicide from a business prospective. If anyone other than Fev or Toulouse got promoted then its going to cause total uproar as to how they would approach next season. 😂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Do you really believe the RFL will force a team who has no chance of getting in the top 12 of the IMG ratings to go full time for 1 season knowing full well that it could put them in financial trouble the season after? 🤣

Super League playing contracts are full time contracts. They may make an exception if a club really wants the cleaners ran through them for a season, but right now that is the reality of the situation.

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

Super League playing contracts are full time contracts. They may make an exception if a club really wants the cleaners ran through them for a season, but right now that is the reality of the situation.

I’d expect in that situation the club in question would either be decline promotion or be blocked by the RFL letting Cas or Wakey off the hook

Huddersfield were saved from relegation in similar circumstances way back when 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Again funny thing is a hybrid full time/part time team would probably perform better than one that only has the dreggs of full time players left to pick from. 🤣

• Like 1