Sat 19th Aug: SL: Leigh Leopards v Catalans Dragons KO 15:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/23 at 14:30

Wembley hangover for Leigh, maybe. Not too many cup-winners seem to back up their performance the next week.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Wembley hangover for Leigh, maybe. Not too many cup-winners seem to back up their performance the next week.

Agree with this but what a story it would be if they could back it up. 

Let’s hope it sells out too because it deserves too (but most will be skint with 4 away games and a Wembley game to boot) 😂😂

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh have been doing the unexpected all season, this is just another week.

Having a poor run-out after Wembley is so normal, Leigh might do it just to surprise everyone. :kolobok_crazy:

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Most likely outcome is a Catalans win, with a drop off from Leigh after the cup final. Any other week, I'd fancy Leigh to win after the performance they put in the away fixture in June. 

If the Wigan game after the semi final is anything to go by (and what a hideous pair of fixtures to have following the two big cup games!), the strength of Leigh's bench will be critical, as the starting forwards won't be able to get through their usual workload. Was found wanting at Wigan.

But this Leigh team do keep surprising me, so you never know.

I'm going for the Cats here, no not the DRAGONS who have nothing to do with cats but Leigh who's nickname is the Leopards which is a member of the CAT family.

They will still be on a high and will use this as energy to beat the non-feline French outfit by 10 points.

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

A bit rude that,

You should be hoping for a Leigh win considering the table situation with Catalan 4 points ahead.

Not a chance Catalans are going to lose 3 of their last 6 games and Wigans points difference is far superior so top spot for Saints is never going to happen so from that point of view a Catalans win is far better.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 minute ago, Saint Toppy said:

Not a chance Catalans are going to lose 3 of their last 6 games and Wigans points difference is far superior so top spot for Saints is never going to happen so from that point of view a Catalans win is far better.

Hopefully we can spoil that for you, then on the 8th Sept we have the "Battle of the Exorcets" between James Bell and John Asiata at your place, all very legal of course.

• Thanks 1

On 16/08/2023 at 20:39, phiggins said:

Not sure there’s even 10k capacity with the stage on the east stand and unreserved seating in the South. Still a fair few tickets left 

If the South is predominantly full, 10k seems about right. 

The stage only takes up one full block up I believe of the East Stand ?  Could be wrong. 

Let’s hope they give cats a game and throw the ball about. Could be a high scoring game this one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snowys Backside said:

If the South is predominantly full, 10k seems about right. 

The stage only takes up one full block up I believe of the East Stand ?  Could be wrong. 

Let’s hope they give cats a game and throw the ball about. Could be a high scoring game this one. 

Pretty sure Beaumont tweeted earlier in the season that the capacity was 9.5k. Unreserved seating means the capacity of the South Stand is reduced, as you have to allocate seats if you want to sell them all.

44 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Unreserved seating means the capacity of the South Stand is reduced, as you have to allocate seats if you want to sell them all.

Never heard that before, why should that be are they selling the seat or the space you can stand were you wish in the North Stand.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Never heard that before, why should that be are they selling the seat or the space you can stand were you wish in the North Stand.

I think it's because if you have unallocated seating, and sell a ticket for every seat, you have to steward it to make sure people don't leave the odd space here and there, and make it difficult for others to find seats. It's something like a 10% reduction, which creates more room for people to sit where they please.

• Thanks 1

Leigh seem to be riding a massive wave and even though I reckon they have a group of players, that may have broken all post challenge cup final drinking records, I still think they'll get it together and give it a real crack. Catalans are in fine form though and look very composed.

Catalans by 4

Edited by WN83