Fri 18th Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils KO 19:45

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/23 at 19:15

Shudds 0 Salford 28 has a nice ring to it, with Ian Watson standing on the touchline, arms folded,  wearing his cap and  looking like a schoolboy who doesn't know where his next lesson is.

Is the match at The John Smith's Stadium or Fartown btw?  The Shudds fans always seem a bit confused as to where they actually are.

• Confused 1

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

2 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

Shudds 0 Salford 28 has a nice ring to it, with Ian Watson standing on the touchline, arms folded,  wearing his cap and  looking like a schoolboy who doesn't know where his next lesson is.

Is the match at The John Smith's Stadium or Fartown btw?  The Shudds fans always seem a bit confused as to where they actually are.

Is it time for your pills?

The club will always be known as Fartown, nothing to do with where they play.

And who are Shudds?

Salford are playing Huddersfield.

Gocha!!

Knew you'd react MeastyBaby, you're a easy catch for any fisherman! 

Now just put your head forward and I'll administer the last rites with the priest and put you out of your misery.

BTW  All losing runs must come to an end, and Friday against Shudds/Fartown is the perfect place for us to start winning ways again.

Now don't react MeastyBaby, you'll only hurt your lip again.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Forget about the result of the game, its about the battle of the whingers in the coaching box.

They can't both have all the decisions go against them, have the officials favouring the opposition team and both get constantly held down in the tackle while the opposition get away with everything.

My bet would be the 'whinge-ometer' slightly in favour of the petulant schoolboy in the white rose corner 😁

• Like 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

16 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Forget about the result of the game, its about the battle of the whingers in the coaching box.

They can't both have all the decisions go against them, have the officials favouring the opposition team and both get constantly held down in the tackle while the opposition get away with everything.

My bet would be the 'whinge-ometer' slightly in favour of the petulant schoolboy in the white rose corner 😁

Whilst the champion whinger’s team plays against HKR.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

Gocha!!

Knew you'd react MeastyBaby, you're a easy catch for any fisherman! 

Now just put your head forward and I'll administer the last rites with the priest and put you out of your misery.

BTW  All losing runs must come to an end, and Friday against Shudds/Fartown is the perfect place for us to start winning ways again.

Now don't react MeastyBaby, you'll only hurt your lip again.

Haven't caught anything old boy, I was replying anyway 🙂

Who are this "Shudds" you speak highly of?

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Ironically from a St Helens fan 😁

• Like 5

Salford, our bogey team, i always predict a win but i know with this lot it very rarely happens.

Luke Yates returns but we've lost Ash Golding again who will be a big miss.

Anyway we're on form they aren't so i'm going for BoringWhingingWatsonGiants to beat ExcitingamazingWhingingRowleyballReds by 12.

Lolohea to get a big score and blow kisses to the sniffed up lot.

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Ha! This game's got nowt to do with thee!

😛

• Haha 2

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

6 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Obsessed.

This is bar Dupree (Wigan acquired) and Wright (Saints assaulted) the full '23 version of Rowley-ball. So comparisons all round on whether Salford are progressing or not.

Incredibly after seven soul sapping defeats, SRD are still in the hunt to qualify for the play offs. So surely sufficient motivation you'd hope.

Ah hope is what dies last.

With the local Conservatives trying to thwart Salford council acquiring in full the AJ Bell stadium, perhaps it's time for the Reds to take on another Tory eejit tomorrow. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, meast said:

Haven't caught anything old boy, I was replying anyway 🙂

Who are this "Shudds" you speak highly of?

MeastyBaby, I'm going to the game tomorrow night, come up and introduce yourself, I'll sit right in the middle of the main stand, I'll be easy to see there's always plenty of space there.

12 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

MeastyBaby, I'm going to the game tomorrow night, come up and introduce yourself, I'll sit right in the middle of the main stand, I'll be easy to see there's always plenty of space there.

He'll be easy to spot, he's the guy in bandages. 

Based on a quick assessment, I think Salford will win this one. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

Thanks for the offer, but I'll be busy supporting my team from my own stand.

Btw the game is at Huddersfield not Salford 😁

5 hours ago, meast said:

Thanks for the offer, but I'll be busy supporting my team from my own stand.

Btw the game is at Huddersfield not Salford 😁

Two bald men fighting over a comb, Sollys and Fartowners arguing over attendances.

My hope when I do my reflection on Saturday is-

a. There is no maddening referee decisions again.

b. And SRD do themselves credit.

• Haha 1