Utility Back - Paga

Half back - Ellis, Craven, Astley

Prop - Johnson, Chapelhow, Moran, Farnworth, Lawton

Hooker - Aldridge

Second Row - Hirst, Gallagher, Wardle

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 20

• Thanks 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 20/10/2023 at 10:06, Bedford Roughyed said:

Fullback - Johnson

Wing - Agoro, Rawsthorne

Centre -  Turner, O’Keefe, Morgan

Utility Back - Paga

Prop - Johnson, Chapelhow, Moran, Farnworth, Lawton

Hooker - Aldridge

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 20

Looking good although I think Lawton will be used as a second rower. 

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Kopczak now confirmed. That’s some pack that.

He will do a job for you he’s still got a bit left, but looks like we’re moving the older heads on now hopefully, he’s a big unit he will go well for you guys good luck to him never let us down. Always takes some getting down you don’t realise what a unit he is until you see him on the park he’s huge. He will rip your league up imo. 

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 4

Fullback - Johnson

Wing - Agoro, Rawsthorne

Centre -  Turner, O’Keefe, Morgan

Utility Back - Paga

Prop - Johnson, Chapelhow, Moran, Farnworth, Lawton, Kopczak

Hooker - Aldridge

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 21

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

55 minutes ago, herbie said:

Paga should not be seen as first choice anywhere. Trys hard but hyped up . Not the only one .

Totally agree, if he is anywhere near the 9 jersey we will not be able to utilise our quality half backs. Why did we not do everything to keep our play of the year who was a 9 and a great player, we now have a novice and Paga ? 

24 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

Totally agree, if he is anywhere near the 9 jersey we will not be able to utilise our quality half backs. Why did we not do everything to keep our play of the year who was a 9 and a great player, we now have a novice and Paga ? 

Who said the club didn’t and he simply got a better offer? Who’s to say whether the new coach wants to bring in his own 9? Probably wise to sit tight and see what happens. We are not even in November yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

All about opinions. I personally would have kept Slater instead. 

2 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Agreed on both comments. 
I made it clear I believed that in Wilky and Slater we had the best pairing at 9 in the league , if they had been playing behind our new awesome pack then they would have torn up the league . They did more than a good job playing behind a frequent slow play the ball and a pack on the back foot at times . 
Now we know Slater was just plain released as Wilky wasn't in the first released list then I guess there was an offer made but it was not to Wilky's liking or as good as another offer he may have received , 
I know nothing about Aldridge and he will hopefully be good for us , but his pedigree is no better than Slater's and if anything not quite as good , of course that doesn't mean he won't work out better but Slater's first season was hampered by a long term injury . 
Wilky you would have to think with the signings that our new coach will be bringing a first choice 9 that he knows/trusts although I do still think there should have been room for Wilky ,a squad in reality should have 3 no.9s to allow for suspensions/injuries and I just don't see Paga as that cover . 
I think we have only 4 players from before Fordy , I'm not saying that's a bad thing just hope we get enough pre-season friendlies of quality to get the new team bedded in , at the moment it doesn't look like there will be many games in the season to be able to recover from any slow start 

13 minutes ago, Rob95 said:

Agreed on both comments. 
I made it clear I believed that in Wilky and Slater we had the best pairing at 9 in the league , if they had been playing behind our new awesome pack then they would have torn up the league . They did more than a good job playing behind a frequent slow play the ball and a pack on the back foot at times . 
Now we know Slater was just plain released as Wilky wasn't in the first released list then I guess there was an offer made but it was not to Wilky's liking or as good as another offer he may have received , 
I know nothing about Aldridge and he will hopefully be good for us , but his pedigree is no better than Slater's and if anything not quite as good , of course that doesn't mean he won't work out better but Slater's first season was hampered by a long term injury . 
Wilky you would have to think with the signings that our new coach will be bringing a first choice 9 that he knows/trusts although I do still think there should have been room for Wilky ,a squad in reality should have 3 no.9s to allow for suspensions/injuries and I just don't see Paga as that cover . 
I think we have only 4 players from before Fordy , I'm not saying that's a bad thing just hope we get enough pre-season friendlies of quality to get the new team bedded in , at the moment it doesn't look like there will be many games in the season to be able to recover from any slow start 

You will be fine no one else is signing like you at minute in league 1, and like I said no one will stop koppy in league one champ clubs took 3 players to bring him down. The only worry you have is injuries as most of signings are injury prone. 

Edited by Rovers13

30 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

You have to question some of the players rugby ambitions. It smacks of pocket filling mercenaries. I’m sorry but it does. Not so much Koppy at the back end but Soft as flat track bully Lawton it does. 

Same as us last season we dropped players like koppy for higher paid players look where that got us lol, but I agree with you majority are injury prone if not they would have stayed in champ.