Squad for 2024.

jroyales

26 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

You have to question some of the players rugby ambitions. It smacks of pocket filling mercenaries. I’m sorry but it does. Not so much Koppy at the back end but Soft as flat track bully Lawton it does. 

Or maybe they like the ambition of Fordy and the board. Perhaps they want to be in at the beginning of something special!? I have faith and I believe so do most other supporters. The spirit is about to be rekindled. Come on Oldham, come on Oldham!!

• Like 2

Craven as been on one leg for 2 seasons Lawton always shoulder but he’s pants anyway lol, koppy plays 2 injured for 4, chapplehow is older than my grandad lol. It’s not a dig as they will do well in this league it’s more of explaining why they’ve dropped down a division which is money or no one wants them. We had same at fev last season a lot just came for the money don’t blame them as RL is a short career but no RL player as loyalties now a days.

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Any of the eight that failed on merit are going to get vocally ridiculed. Like sneaking in the back door of a fit birds party when you weren’t originally invited.

Is this a wakey fan giving it the big’un now they’ve found their level 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Isn’t this great to see. For years Oldham have been an irrelevance. All of a sudden we’ve now got opposition fans feeling the need to get involved. That tells me they feel we are finally becoming relevant again. Long may it continue.

Tbf that isn’t true you signed one of our players so I was just trying to give info on that player for you, Oldham won’t worry teams like fev or wakey for a while yet or if ever tbh, so on my part it was info on the player as for the wakey fan no idea lol. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Tbf that isn’t true you signed one of our players so I was just trying to give info on that player for you, Oldham won’t worry teams like fev or wakey for a while yet or if ever tbh, so on my part it was info on the player as for the wakey fan no idea lol. 

This isn't you then?

'Craven as been on one leg for 2 seasons Lawton always shoulder but he’s pants anyway lol, koppy plays 2 injured for 4, chapplehow is older than my grandad lol. It’s not a dig as they will do well in this league it’s more of explaining why they’ve dropped down a division which is money or no one wants them. We had same at fev last season a lot just came for the money don’t blame them as RL is a short career but no RL player as loyalties now a days'. 

17 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

This isn't you then?

'Craven as been on one leg for 2 seasons Lawton always shoulder but he’s pants anyway lol, koppy plays 2 injured for 4, chapplehow is older than my grandad lol. It’s not a dig as they will do well in this league it’s more of explaining why they’ve dropped down a division which is money or no one wants them. We had same at fev last season a lot just came for the money don’t blame them as RL is a short career but no RL player as loyalties now a days'. 

Yeah that is me but it’s the truth, players came to fev for the money they will go to saints Wigan for the money, no player would drop down a league unless it was for money or no one wanted them. All those 4 are over the hill so my guess it’s not money but either way they ain’t at Oldham because they want to be, there is no loyalties in RL anymore. Koppy for example love fev great club load of rubbish speech when he joined us, done nearly exactly same speech when he joined you lol. The days of players playing for hometown clubs etc is long gone, you get an homegrown kid he will leave for more money it’s just way game is now, I don’t agree with it mind. And we won’t have a player at fev that wants to be there either it will be money, so it’s not just Oldham it’s every club. 

Edited by Rovers13

21 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

Unfortunately I think they see Paga as no9 😬

Looking at that squad I could play 9 and you'd still dominate the competition. If it stays as two up it is hard to see past Oldham and Keighley who on paper have much stronger squads than anyone else and in Oldham's case would appear to have finances to strengthen later in the season if needed.

4 minutes ago, Colin James said:

Looking at that squad I could play 9 and you'd still dominate the competition. If it stays as two up it is hard to see past Oldham and Keighley who on paper have much stronger squads than anyone else and in Oldham's case would appear to have finances to strengthen later in the season if needed.

Maybe you're the next announcement then 😁

16 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

Yeah that is me but it’s the truth, players came to fev for the money they will go to saints Wigan for the money, no player would drop down a league unless it was for money or no one wanted them. All those 4 are over the hill so my guess it’s not money but either way they ain’t at Oldham because they want to be, there is no loyalties in RL anymore. Koppy for example love fev great club load of rubbish speech when he joined us, done nearly exactly same speech when he joined you lol. The days of players playing for hometown clubs etc is long gone, you get an homegrown kid he will leave for more money it’s just way game is now, I don’t agree with it mind. And we won’t have a player at fev that wants to be there either it will be money, so it’s not just Oldham it’s every club. 

Thanks for confirming my original point. Great to welcome supporters from other clubs who feel the need to spend time commenting on Oldham. Long may it continue.

• Like 2

Just now, Roughyed Rats said:

Thanks for confirming my original point. Great to welcome supporters from other clubs who feel the need to spend time commenting on Oldham. Long may it continue.

It’s not about Oldham you’ve taken points from post to suit your ideals, it’s about every club no one plays for a club because they want too, we’ve a couple of fev lads in team but if they got offered a SL contract I’m guessing they would be off, hardhaker is one (well ponte but same thing) he left like a shot too. 

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

It’s not about Oldham you’ve taken points from post to suit your ideals, it’s about every club no one plays for a club because they want too, we’ve a couple of fev lads in team but if they got offered a SL contract I’m guessing they would be off, hardhaker is one (well ponte but same thing) he left like a shot too. 

Your taking this thread off track .... a bit like when you got the championship meeting thread on the main board locked !!

• Like 3

Just now, BIFFO61 said:

Your taking this thread off track .... a bit like when you got the championship meeting thread on the main board locked !!

Lmao ok fair enough, was just trying to prove my point that I’ve nothing against any club only c@s, I will leave you in peace. 

12 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Any of the eight that failed on merit are going to get vocally ridiculed. Like sneaking in the back door of a fit birds party when you weren’t originally invited.

What, like Newcastle? If I remember rightly even Salford and Widnes were elevated, at one time, without winning promotion! 

As I've previously said, there is some advantage to us remaining in a trimmed down 3rd tier and that is we have a greater chance of winning some silverware. Also a chance to 'bond' the squad. Ready for, what will hopefully be promotion in the championship.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 3

Fullback - Johnson

Wing - Agoro, Rawsthorne, Sambou

Centre -  Turner, O’Keefe, Morgan

Utility Back - Paga

Half back - Ellis, Craven, Astley

Prop - Johnson, Chapelhow, Moran, Farnworth, Lawton, Kopczak

Hooker - Aldridge

Second Row - Hirst, Gallagher, Wardle

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 22

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fullback - Johnson

Wing - Agoro, Rawsthorne, Sambou, Turner

Centre -  Turner, O’Keefe, Morgan

Utility Back - Paga

Half back - Ellis, Craven, Astley

Prop - Johnson, Chapelhow, Moran, Farnworth, Kopczak

Hooker - Aldridge

Second Row - Hirst, Gallagher, Wardle, Lawton

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 23

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!