Fri 8th - Sun 10th Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

12 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Good win for Fax who started very slowly but Toulouse came up with a ton of errors which made it uphill sailing for them from pretty much the 20 minute mark in the game. Toulouse nothing to play for and potentially had one eye on next weeks game against Fev but for Fax it gives us a good chance of making the playoffs now and despite been pretty average for most of the season, if we can make the playoffs I am not sure any team would fancy playing us given our seeming tendancy to up our game in big games.

If Fax play like they did against Saints in the Cup they are capable of beating any team in Tne Championship.Makes for an exciting finish to the season.I am going to Batley v Haven this afternoon both teams have plenty to play for.Those who want to do away with promotion and relegation haven't got a clue.They should bow their heads in shame.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If Fax play like they did against Saints in the Cup they are capable of beating any team in Tne Championship.Makes for an exciting finish to the season.I am going to Batley v Haven this afternoon both teams have plenty to play for.Those who want to do away with promotion and relegation haven't got a clue.They should bow their heads in shame.

Totally agree, you will see a totally different attitude from the player's with a target to play for other than "It doesn't matter if we win or lose" a lot like Leeds yesterday, it came over loud and clear that it didn't matter to them if they lost.

31 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Correct on all points, especially the last one. 👏🏼 

24 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

The triangle Ardsley not far from where the Old White Bear pub was before they built the motorway.

Why didn't they go round it ?

Like Stott Hall Farm.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

44 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Was it £20k a game Broncos are paying 🤔

Pretty much spot on my non league football club Step 5 even managed 1600 for one match last season.

Merton (Wimbledon) is a he'll hole Gravesend was great and with the CEO ex Sharkies got behind it.

Where now for the Broncos if in Super League has to be West London (Richmond a good bet) otherwise i would look at Gravesend (Ebbsfleet) nice new stadium coming Bromley/Beckenham or even back to Charlton.

P

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Pretty much spot on my non league football club Step 5 even managed 1600 for one match last season.

Merton (Wimbledon) is a he'll hole Gravesend was great and with the CEO ex Sharkies got behind it.

Where now for the Broncos if in Super League has to be West London (Richmond a good bet) otherwise i would look at Gravesend (Ebbsfleet) nice new stadium coming Bromley/Beckenham or even back to Charlton.

P

My view is that the massively changing and transient demographics in London make the game a hard sell these days and that will only get worse.

So a move to a more fixed area, population wise, might work.

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

My view is that the massively changing and transient demographics in London make the game a hard sell these days and that will only get worse.

So a move to a more fixed area, population wise, might work.

Does not help that they have to have 10-12 weeks away owing to the pitch being relayed, which is more than double other clubs who share grounds (typically 4-6 weeks)

I assume London don't want to go up anyway - at least not without a guarantee of no relegation.

I have no idea the point of or what it looks like for a PT side to go up into a FT league.

That's an impressive hammering of Widnes and quite some run of wins.

Edited by Leonard

London are coming into form at the right time. They played poorly at Sheffield last week and still won. Could have been 50 then if the ball had stuck to their hands. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I assume London don't want to go up anyway - at least not without a guarantee of no relegation.

I have no idea the point of or what it looks like for a PT side to go up into a FT league.

That's an impressive hammering of Widnes and quite some run of wins.

Would they turn it down? I doubt Fev are too worried about them but the vagaries of play-offs mean there's a slim chance that a fired-up London could beat an inconsistent Toulouse and an off-key Fev. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"