England v France

Damien

13 minutes ago, daz39 said:

They aren't closed they just aren't on sale yet, this is usually how ticketing works, if people aren't buying them they don't need to open them.

Ticketing for which sports? Rugby League is the only sport I know that does this. There is no justification for this approach in a 25k stadium.

Also people won't buy yet because they can't buy the seats they want. This then becomes a catch 22 situation because of the reason you state.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, daz39 said:

They aren't closed they just aren't on sale yet, this is usually how ticketing works, if people aren't buying them they don't need to open them.

The fact that so many tickets aren’t available this close to the matches isn’t a worry to you?  There aren’t any sold out blocks yet - all pointing towards a crappy crowd

We've got a fixture at one of the least supported clubs in SL - so there’s not even passing interest in the vicinity to boost sales. 

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png
Grabbed this seating plan for Leeds Direct arena as top result on google, looks like the rugby pitch will remove the blue sections and 105 is sold out, with tickets currently available in 104 and 106. Wonder how many more blocks might become available?

On 09/09/2023 at 06:11, Odsal Outlaw said:

Agree. So much momentum lost with wheelchair RL since the World Cup.

I hope for this game they put down a proper pitch like in the WC and its not just the normal sports hall floor.

I can only comment as the previous team manager of Wales Wheelchair RL. I was so disappointed that the RFL decided to remove North Wales Crusaders from the Wheelchair Super League. It meant that our teams dropped down to championship games wand were delivering blow out scores against much weaker opposition. It also meant our elite players weren't getting the high intensity games they need to compete at that level so NWC have lost players to Wigan and London Roosters already.

And even though North Wales Crusaders easily beat everyone in the Championship we're told that the Wheelchair Super League is for teams to be invited to play....and we're not invited!

Wales are currently ranked 3rd in the Wheelchair RL world rankings with much poorer finances and infrartucture that England or France..an amazing achievement considering our resources. North Wales Crusaders are one of the founding wheelchair clubs in the the UK and are getting royally shafted by the RFL.

Best of luck to both sets of players in the England v France game. If its anywhere as near as spectacular as the World Cup final it will be a great advert for Wheelchair RL

Edited by gogledd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 19/09/2023 at 10:42, Hopie said:

spacer.png
Grabbed this seating plan for Leeds Direct arena as top result on google, looks like the rugby pitch will remove the blue sections and 105 is sold out, with tickets currently available in 104 and 106. Wonder how many more blocks might become available?

Down to people putting their money where there mouth is to support a live fixture, rather than moan when the crowd isn't as big as they want it to be.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Hopie said:

This game is now showing as  sold out on the e-ticketing website.

With 2 weeks to go, hopefully they release some of the sections that weren't put on sale at the start. 

This sounds like when the women's GF was 'sold out' at York. It's fantastic that a block or blocks have gone but unless every seat in the arena has been taken, putting up a 'sold out' sign is bonkers.

4 hours ago, Hopie said:

This game is now showing as  sold out on the e-ticketing website.

With 2 weeks to go, hopefully they release some of the sections that weren't put on sale at the start. 

Update:

"Due to a seating configuration the game has been taken offline.

Once this is resolved it will be put back online and more seats will be available to purchase."

• Haha 1

There may be reasonable excuses but it seems to me more likely that the problem is the same as that in the Tonga test series, tickets sold in batches because the organisers have poor/no idea regarding how many tickets they are able to sell. 

This is not helping sell the number of tickets the players deserve. Given the tickets are absolutely dirt cheap, they should be pushing for an attendance that smashes the previous record attendance for a Wheelchair Rugby League game.

• Like 1

They've opened two new small areas, so buy now or gamble the next areas they open are better? :kolobok_scratch_one-s_head:

Or if is the first time you see the ticket site, see only areas they have for sale don't look great, and don't buy, instead give up/walk away and plan to watch it on TV (as you might have done if you looked earlier when it said sold out) :kolobok_to_take_umbrage:

Clearly not ideal, but with a glass half full perspective … we are having to re-configure seating in an arena for a Wheelchair international due to broadcast requirements. Not sure we’d have expected that sentence a few years ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

2 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Clearly not ideal, but with a glass half full perspective … we are having to re-configure seating in an arena for a Wheelchair international due to broadcast requirements. Not sure we’d have expected that sentence a few years ago.

Was just thinking exactly the same myself, from a handful of intrigued onlookers in a school sports hall to a major national arena with TV broadcasting in the spaces of 4 or 5 years, this is definitely one area of the sport surely even the most negative fan can't find fault with (although they will).

My Grandson is absolutely buzzing at the prospect of it, when i reminded him on Monday of it he clenched his fist and shouted 'YEEES', a ride on the train and a Sunday lunch with Grandad may have helped his enthusiasm too but we're both really looking forward to seeing the sport live for the 1st time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hopie said:

But we knew it was going to be on TV months ago, as the French would say "le forward planning".

Glad I didn't buy a ticket when its going to be moved after you choose it. Been screwed over by that before.

But we didn't know how the broadcaster would want to set up, and they are more important as going to show the game to far more people than will buy tickets.

Bought a ticket for this today, used my Our league/rugby league rewards points so it cost me 27p. 

Think it will be a good game to watch in person, but reckon they should have sold twice as many tickets as they have. Again, the seat I bought only recently went on sale, I would have bought it ages ago if it was available then.