Jarrod Sammut

Bring back GB

Looks like JS has played his last game for Barrow as he's playing for Malta this weekend.

Our game against York is possibly our biggest game in years so I see Jarrod's absence as a huge blow.

Fans have mixed opinions but I'd rather have him in the team than not.

If Whitehaven beat Toulouse on Saturday, which I can see happening, then Sunday is gonna be nerve jangling!!!!

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

Looks like JS has played his last game for Barrow as he's playing for Malta this weekend.

Our game against York is possibly our biggest game in years so I see Jarrod's absence as a huge blow.

Fans have mixed opinions but I'd rather have him in the team than not.

If Whitehaven beat Toulouse on Saturday, which I can see happening, then Sunday is gonna be nerve jangling!!!!

your,e safe stop sweating

• Like 1

I've just had a look at the Malta Rugby League Facebook page and they're playing Bulgaria tomorrow in Valletta

Jarrod Sammut playing the Malta match, then flying back to play for Barrow on the Sunday :

Quote:

"With questions swirling around regarding Jarrod Sammut's club commitments this weekend where his Barrow Raiders face York City Knights on Sunday afternoon, Jarrod confirmed he intended to play back-to-back on Saturday in Malta and Sunday in England.

"Jarrod said, ''our last game of the season with Barrow Raiders this Sunday, so I'll play Saturday for my family and my heritage with Malta, and then I'll fly out first thing Sunday morning, it gets me back in time to warm up and get set ready to do battle in our last game of the season against York''.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

I've just had a look at the Malta Rugby League Facebook page and they're playing Bulgaria tomorrow in Valletta

Jarrod Sammut playing the Malta match, then flying back to play for Barrow on the Sunday :

Quote:

"With questions swirling around regarding Jarrod Sammut's club commitments this weekend where his Barrow Raiders face York City Knights on Sunday afternoon, Jarrod confirmed he intended to play back-to-back on Saturday in Malta and Sunday in England.

"Jarrod said, ''our last game of the season with Barrow Raiders this Sunday, so I'll play Saturday for my family and my heritage with Malta, and then I'll fly out first thing Sunday morning, it gets me back in time to warm up and get set ready to do battle in our last game of the season against York''.

If ever there was a time to drop him and play Jackson it's now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RLDB said:
22 hours ago, gilbert08 said:

Definitely his last game for barrow

Thanks for the memories Jarrod for the most part he has been sensational sometimes a drop in performance but you’d rather him in the team that not. 

Last season maybe won us more points than cost us this season it hasn't happened, it's no loss he won't be here next season.

• Like 1

We can all debate  his pros and cons but two things are facts 

1,yes he can be unbelievably frustrating and sometimes have a massive howler as Hakim did .

2,he's also  proven many many times he's capable of mercurial things that Ryan,Adam,Ellis, latterly Jake are just not capable of in the slightest .so with that be careful what you wish for,loads wanted rid of or slated Hakim ,look what was lost when he went ,last season we got rave reviews for our unpredictability,the flair,the off the cuff plays ,90%of which came from Hakim or Jarrod , if you want robotic players and style then hey slate him all you want but fact is on his day and at his best he's a mile above anyone else in the halves,sorry I know some have the hometown loyalty to certain players but it's just fact.

• Like 5