Fri 29th Sept: SL Elim: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/23 at 19:30

41 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

That and losing hone advantage last week made it highly unlikely as I expected , not watched the replay yet , only got home at twenty to 2 last night , knackered , didn't get chance of some decent food and beer on the way to the game , nearly 3 hours over the hill 

Shame there were refs decisions to the fore again , couldn't really tell at the game , the screen being at the other end is too far away to get a clear view 

HKR played well , kept the ball alive in the middle , maybe got away with a couple of forwards which you do if you play it quick enough 

Best team on the night won , hope they can go on and win it , that might depend if the ref allows Wigan to slow down the ruck as they do , that is crucial to Rovers 

Also apologies for some of our fans continuing the ' Banter ' outside after the game , they need reminding it's RL , not football , once you leave the stadium that ends , you either shut up or congratulate and wish well 

Thank you mate, well said 

We all know Rovers have their share of headcases as well, life would be a lot better without them

Leigh have had a great season, but with the thin squad there was always a risk you’d run out of gas. Rovers likewise couldn’t buy a win for a month or so in the middle of the season because of key players being injured, but we’re lucky they’re all returning for the back end. Just a coin toss that stuff sometimes eh. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

19 minutes ago, daz39 said:

The Refereeing decisions were spot on, Leigh were poor end of.

Hull Kr is a ground where you cannot help but get caught in 'banter' as there's literally one way out and the KR fans are not the most friendliest as it is, add on some gobby away fans who are either goading or getting goaded and it's an even more unpleasant place to be.

I don't think Leigh were poor, they have just run out of steam and their shallow squad is the reason, every decision wasn't spot on but ultimately did not affect the outcome HKR deserved the win.

11 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Shame there were refs decisions to the fore again ,

There weren't, really there weren't.

What was to the fore were two really committed and motivated teams with a burning desire to win in front of a noisy and passionate crowd.  Fast, clean, PTBs, hardly any high shots or lying-on and well-refereed. 

A great advert for our sport so no sly digs at  refs needed, please.

As I put , not watched it on TV yet , just going off this thread , and 2/3 pages of posts about them , so no digs , just the info in front of me from others ( neutral fans ) 

12 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Young Jack Walker is a pretty good call for the Homme du Match - although I would have gone for Charnley.

Joueur du match shurely.

Shout out to Gildart. Thought he looked very sharp and provided Charnley with well timed,accurate passes.

• Like 1

I think we can put the Hall try debate to bed now. The ref gave it, he was in a good position, I don’t mind him checking it in such an important game but it’s hard to chalk it off when you see this. 

A0589FF2-9BA4-48B2-84F8-9544CF0902A7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

7 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I think we can put the Hall try debate to bed now. The ref gave it, he was in a good position, I don’t mind him checking it in such an important game but it’s hard to chalk it off when you see this. 

One frame tells you nothing.  😐 unless from a high speed camera to stop motion blur.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, JF1 said:

Joueur du match shurely.

Shout out to Gildart. Thought he looked very sharp and provided Charnley with well timed,accurate passes.

To the best of my knowledge Walker and Charnley are both joueurs et hommes. I think you could safely apply either term.

Of course with French being a gendered language, there is no point in replacing 'man of the match' with 'player of the match' for gender equality reasons - there are different terms for 'player' depending on whether the player is male or female!

Joueur du match (M)

Joueuse du match (F)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Nah; just Charnley coming across committed. Nothing dirty, as far as I could see.

Charnley's gone to try to punch the ball out , contact was high up on Walkers back , nothing in it 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

They really need to sort out the try-no try situation , it puts the refs in a difficult situation IMO 

Unless you go with benefit of the doubt to the defending team (which is never going to happen) that try would have been given under any VR system. The decision to give it was spot on.

• Like 2

Best team on the night won , always little things that can go either way , most play off games are tight but only scoring one try will rarely win one , we weren't clinical enough in attack , been missing much since we lost Ricky and then Zac , but we can hardly complain about our injuries this year , making up for every other time we've come up when it's been terrible 

As I put earlier , if the ref allows Wigan to lay on as they usually do Rovers will struggle , if they keep it clean HKR can upset the applecart and make the final , I hope they do 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padge said:

One frame tells you nothing.  😐 unless from a high speed camera to stop motion blur.

One frame tells you everything if the ball is touching the ground. You don’t have to hold it there for 5 seconds whilst an egg timer runs out 🤣

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, M j M said:

Unless you go with benefit of the doubt to the defending team (which is never going to happen) that try would have been given under any VR system. The decision to give it was spot on.

Agree , but the refs job is hard enough , we need to make it easier if we can 

Just now, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

One frame tells you everything if the ball is touching the ground. You don’t have to hold it there for 5 seconds whilst an egg timer runs out 🤣

you can't see the ball touching the ground in that frame 🙄

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

Ok 👍🏼 

32 minutes ago, Padge said:

To be fair, you can’t but to the naked eye, it would have been a try all day. 

If we are using the VR in future, let them decide. The on field call is problematic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

You can literally see Mellor’s arm (the clue is in the strapping) directly beneath the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

As I put , not watched it on TV yet , just going off this thread , and 2/3 pages of posts about them , so no digs , just the info in front of me from others ( neutral fans ) 

Do your self a favour and watch it with the sound off.  Pike + Barry !! Talked about everything but the game. Enjoy 😊

Edited by bar red
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You can literally see Mellor’s arm (the clue is in the strapping) directly beneath the ball. 

Yup. And then the point of the ball next to it, between Mellor’s arm and Hall’s hand, touching the floor.

The fact that the debate is about such a marginal slice of ”oooo, maybe Mellor had some fingers under the ball” is precisely why it was and is a try. The ref was close to hand, and awarded a try. It can’t be proven conclusively it wasn’t, so it remains a try. In many other sports, and us before, the benefit of any doubt quite rightly goes to the attacker. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Padge said:

In this instance, doesn’t a single frame tell you all we need to know? If any part of the ball hits the ground at any point it’s a try. I am surprised it take the VR more than a second to conclude it was a try. It was a terrific game between 2 teams who have already, I would humbly suggest, exceeded most people’s expectations. It was particularly impressive, given that neither side had had a week off, and yet they found the juice to go toe to toe. It’s not just that they have really shaken up the “established order”, but that they have done so in such an entertaining way. 

Next stop for HKR is away to us for a semi final. And we all know how the last one went. 

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled Wiganer said:

In this instance, doesn’t a single frame tell you all we need to know? If any part of the ball hits the ground at any point it’s a try. I am surprised it take the VR more than a second to conclude it was a try. It was a terrific game between 2 teams who have already, I would humbly suggest, exceeded most people’s expectations. It was particularly impressive, given that neither side had had a week off, and yet they found the juice to go toe to toe. It’s not just that they have really shaken up the “established order”, but that they have done so in such an entertaining way. 

Next stop for HKR is away to us for a semi final. And we all know how the last one went. 

Frames from TV cameras, unless high speed ones, are too blurred, the motion blur makes it useless. In the example above the area of interest is all in shadow and the blur means there is no definition on edges.

4 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

You do realise last time they had 16 players rested ? , the lowest numbered shirt was 17 

• Like 1