Sun 1st Oct: NRL Grand Final: Penrith Panthers v Brisbane Broncos KO 9.30am BST (Sky) Merged Threads

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Penrith Panthers by 13 points or more
    • Penrith Panthers by 7 to 12 points
    • Penrith Panthers by 1 to 6 points
    • Brisbane Broncos by 1 to 6 points
    • Brisbane Broncos by 7 to 12 points
    • Brisbane Broncos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/23 at 09:00

Massive lack of composure from Brisbane. They had the game won and picked so many poor options. Penrith on the other hand played out there sets and played really smart when they needed to.

Goosebumps and chills.

What a special, see-sawing game.

''The engravers were about to write 'The Broncos' on the trophy and Cleary stepped up'' in the words of Billy Slater. Really nicely said.

The Broncos must be shattered. They were amazing, but Penrith's No.7 dragged his team back from the brink.

That last 20 must seal the MOTM. Farnworth, Haas, Mam and Walsh were sensational in a beaten team.

Edited by StandOffHalf
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 7723 said:

Brisbane have taken so many poor options since going in front. I don’t get this short drop out or firing it hard and low nonsense, when you are winning just out a normal drop out to centre field.

I couldn't believe that Johns and Slater were saying they have to go short every time... have the fundamentals of Rugby League changed?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, M j M said:

I couldn't believe that Johns and Slater were saying they have to go short every time... have the fundamentals of Rugby League changed?

I was confused about that. You're leading, why would you risk giving the ball to Penrith close to your line?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

Just weird. If you aren’t going to learn a lesson by conceding 6 points off a short drop out, when will you? There seems to be a willingness from some clubs nowadays to show ‘we’re different’ just for the sake of it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

apparently Brisbane had a similarly heartbreaking defeat in the AFL final earlier too… brutal day for that city

Yeah, two fantastic GFs and both losses for Brisbane. That is some consolation.

Really can’t believe what I’ve just witnessed. Broncos players will have nightmares on the options they took in the last 20 minutes.

I hate Penrith and it kills me but it really needs to be handed to them. A fantastic team and a dynasty which will be remembered for as long as the game itself is.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, M j M said:

Why the hell would you go short with 7 minutes to go when you're up by 4?

I was shaking my head when Johns was saying that they needed to go short.

As awesome as Penrith were, I really feel for Brisbane.

Edited by StandOffHalf

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Brisbane blew that , after the 3rd Mam try they started pushing instead of game management on about 58 minutes 

Yeah, that was the set when they gave momentum back to Penrith. The ball went to ground a couple of times, Farnsworth threw a loose pass, Crichton picked it up, and Penrith never looked back.

• Thanks 1