So if it Catalans v HKR who's going to the GF ?

Got early bird tickets last year - half price behind the dugouts, so will be going irrespective.

Even if I already didn't have tickets, the chance to see that game a new winner would make me go - far more so than that same old teams.

7 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

No more like 800/1000 its just too expensive and difficult which is why the SLGF should rotate between lets say Dublin/Cardiff/Edinburgh and Barcelona with the majority of tickets going on sale way in advance .

Personally have thought about it and if the Dragons get to the Final will go to Perpignan where i expect the Marie will have it on the big screen in the centre of town along with other fun better than dreary old Manchester and the clapped out United stadium been there seen it done it 🙂

Saints sold out fridays allocation in a couple of days and have recieved more tickets,  not sure why the same doesn't happen the other way round ?!

Would be happy to move the final to France but only if a guarantee was placed for a set amount of ticket sales/ guaranteed revenue.

Fingers crosed Catalans will be there. And so too will me, wife and 2 x adult offspring. My birthday is October 9th so this will hopefully be a double celebration.

it will be good to put behind the defeat two years ago, which somehow seemed a game too far.

Also, we were at Catalans' potentially lowest point, battling to keep their SL status at Leigh Sports Village in the game nobody wanted to be in.

At this game, Sam Tomkins was sat behind us, and it became obvious a little later that he was 'a twinkle in Steve Mc Namara's eye' as the project to take the Dragons to the next level unfolded.

And i must admit i have a liking for Hull KR, my mother's side of the family being from the East Riding. 

13 hours ago, yipyee said:

Saints sold out fridays allocation in a couple of days and have recieved more tickets,  not sure why the same doesn't happen the other way round ?!

Would be happy to move the final to France but only if a guarantee was placed for a set amount of ticket sales/ guaranteed revenue.

In the weekly rounds, they obviously have to travel here multiple times, so I get why a big following wouldn't be coming over for those games but you would hope for a few more to come for play off semis and then a few thousand for finals shouldn't be beyond the realms. I get money and time to organise things is an issue but say any of the three British clubs left in the race, made it to a French based GF, I'd be surprised if 3,000+ didn't travel. If it was a club like HKR, appearing in a first ever GF, I think you could probably raise that to 5,000+. 

Maybe it's just a cultural thing in terms of travelling overseas for games. English sports fans would likely travel to the moon if a decent game was on. You only need to look at The Barmy Army, Boxing events in Vegas, England in the football or Rugby Union and so on. It could just be that we're all that desperate to get out of England, we'll turn up anywhere😀

49 minutes ago, WN83 said:

In the weekly rounds, they obviously have to travel here multiple times, so I get why a big following wouldn't be coming over for those games but you would hope for a few more to come for play off semis and then a few thousand for finals shouldn't be beyond the realms. I get money and time to organise things is an issue but say any of the three British clubs left in the race, made it to a French based GF, I'd be surprised if 3,000+ didn't travel. If it was a club like HKR, appearing in a first ever GF, I think you could probably raise that to 5,000+. 

Maybe it's just a cultural thing in terms of travelling overseas for games. English sports fans would likely travel to the moon if a decent game was on. You only need to look at The Barmy Army, Boxing events in Vegas, England in the football or Rugby Union and so on. It could just be that we're all that desperate to get out of England, we'll turn up anywhere😀

Yeah, and to focus on the argument which says Catalans are not good for the league as they don't bring any fans - it is absolute rubbish. If across the season teams average say 400 fans to Perpignan, (which as some bring 100 and some bring 800 is likely) then to be comparable all Catalans would need to bring to all their Super League away fixtures across a season is 400. So 30 fans a game. Which based on anecdotal evidence is what they do!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BristolDevonCharlie said:

Yeah, and to focus on the argument which says Catalans are not good for the league as they don't bring any fans - it is absolute rubbish. If across the season teams average say 400 fans to Perpignan, (which as some bring 100 and some bring 800 is likely) then to be comparable all Catalans would need to bring to all their Super League away fixtures across a season is 400. So 30 fans a game. Which based on anecdotal evidence is what they do!

There's absolutely no issue with a lack of travelling Catalans support week to week. I'm sure loads of them will have come to a game here on occasion. I've been to Perpignan (and once to Barcelona) about 5 or 6 times in the 17 years they've been in Superleague, so my average per year ain't great either. I'd go to every Grand Final Wigan appeared in though if they decided to play them over in France. 

If it’s Catalans v HKR I’ll definitely be going as will be great to see a new winner, if not then will decide closer to the time!

Altho I can’t make any do the tests so this could be my last chance of a big game this year (this years live RL has been restricted to watching the Bulls at the summer bash and then the CC final!)

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

On the ticketing site it looks like they've now put the "Catalans end" on general sale, given they know the club won't sell all the tickets, using the 'alternating rows' strategy to make it look better than otherwise would. Fair play I suppose, it is what it is - I'd far rather have a Catalans final than us sell another 15,000 tickets to Saints fans. The competition diversity is worth more I think.

The West Stand is still off-sale, presumably to be sold and filled by the winner of today's match... so means I might get to sit in the Stretford End! 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

7 hours ago, Bradman Better said:

That's roughly the number they took to Wembley for the 2007 Challenge Cup final. I was one of them.

Less time to organise this trip though

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

9 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

On the ticketing site it looks like they've now put the "Catalans end" on general sale, given they know the club won't sell all the tickets, using the 'alternating rows' strategy to make it look better than otherwise would. Fair play I suppose, it is what it is - I'd far rather have a Catalans final than us sell another 15,000 tickets to Saints fans. The competition diversity is worth more I think.

The West Stand is still off-sale, presumably to be sold and filled by the winner of today's match... so means I might get to sit in the Stretford End! 

Makes sense as the 2000 Catalans fans coming will be 90% corporate and will want the best seats available.

Its euros 1200 flight 1 night hotel and ticket via the club