Match thread: Championship Playoffs Semi-final. Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos. Sunday 8th October 2023.

marklaspalmas

18 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Good luck Fev. With Batley falling by the wayside it's Fev all the way to SL this year!

I've said it before but if we don't go up we've still got Batley away lol. Whatever will be will be.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Good luck Fev. With Batley falling by the wayside it's Fev all the way to SL this year!

Thank you and a typical example of the good relationship between Fev fans and Batley fans.

For all there are plenty of people who want to see Fev fail, there seems to be quite a few who think we deserve a crack at SL too.

• Like 2

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

12 minutes ago, haskey said:

Looks like the only one missing from a full squad is Springer. Surely too  good for London. ????

No Chisholm either

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

I'm sure we pay good money for all our players, but in a 21 man squad there are obviously some who will miss out. When they are our favourites that is unfortunate, but it's a sign of the excellent squad we have.

• Like 5

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

51 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Bizarre signing that, paid for it but can't break the 21 man squad. Odd.

I think he was probably signed with next year in mind as well as cover for this year. He's a 21-year-old British forward who has already played 33 SL games, and he won't count under the quota if we get promoted.

He hasn't cracked a regular starting spot yet partly because our other back rows (and centres) have played well and we haven't had a rash of injuries in the last few weeks, he might still be a squad player next year but he's a handy acquisition.

We don't know what the transfer fee was and if we had waited until he was off contract at the end of the season we might have faced competition for him and ended up having to offer more for him.

Worth pointing out we also paid a transfer fee for Chisholm and he also hasn't made the squad!

Think the squad depth this year has been really good, five years ago this weekend we had to get special dispensation from the RFL to bring in 3 Leeds academy lads for the Championship Shield final and had been playing with just 14 players on some weeks before that game.

• Like 2

The backs pick themselves but a few different combinations you could have in the forwards.                                                           Kheirallah   Briscoe  Leilua Hankinson Gale  Aekins  Ford.                                                                                                                                             Kopczak   Wildie  Locky  Cozza  Day Taylor     Subs Jones Bussey   Smith    Davies/Moors cant decide.

Edited by sentoffagain2
Missed out Gale we would have started with 12

29 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Hope so or i will have travelled from Sheffield for nowt.

Can't see there being any trouble getting in,not like London are going to fill the away stand and Fev and Widnes fans sat together last league game.

• Like 2