Match thread: Championship Playoffs Semi-final. Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos. Sunday 8th October 2023.

marklaspalmas

9 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I think most fans are not wishing to jinx the team, but I would expect to win comfortably.

I think we will be too strong and too organised, both in attack and defence.

We seem far more composed, and prepared, than last year... I think we will take some 

Probably learnt from last year that we can't take nothing for granted. 

Edited by Fevrover

just hope skys odds of fev 1-6 turns out to be right then again hull were 1-4 in 83 and look what happened. Although London can be very good it’s all down to rovers not making lots of mistakes and stop risky passes and dropped balls but then again it will probably be down to bad refereeing whatever the result. Need our defence especially wide out to get a grip and not let in soft tries.

UTR

8 minutes ago, eltel said:

just hope skys odds of fev 1-6 turns out to be right then again hull were 1-4 in 83 and look what happened. Although London can be very good it’s all down to rovers not making lots of mistakes and stop risky passes and dropped balls but then again it will probably be down to bad refereeing whatever the result. Need our defence especially wide out to get a grip and not let in soft tries.

UTR

The odds probabiy reflect that we have beaten London easily twice this season.I have it a shade close Fev at 2/9 and London 7/2.but in rugby league nothing is certain.

20 hours ago, Fevrover said:

London is a city and SL need them in SL for the good of the game -----

It’s a four hour plus coach ride and ko is 6.30pm so to travel for anyone working Monday is not ok! No consideration for the length of journey in a Sunday night 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, watcherofRL said:

It’s a four hour plus coach ride and ko is 6.30pm so to travel for anyone working Monday is not ok! No consideration for the length of journey in a Sunday night 

Via play not interested in that or even sky.

• Like 1

Getting nervous/excited now.

Am saying this before the 17 has been announced, if we get beaten here, or if we make it to the final, I don't think it will be down to selection. I'm sure if we do lose somebody will pipe up with why didn't he pick x or y but there's so little between our players that you could make a case for numerous combinations and I'm sure we'd all pick slightly different 17s.

Hopefully we can get the job done tonight, UTR.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Am saying this before the 17 has been announced, if we get beaten here, or if we make it to the final, I don't think it will be down to selection. I'm sure if we do lose somebody will pipe up with why didn't he pick x or y but there's so little between our players that you could make a case for numerous combinations and I'm sure we'd all pick slightly different 17s.

Exactly PH here's mine which I doubt will be picked :kolobok_grin:

MK

GG CH JL LB

CA JF

JL MW DS

BD AH 

ET

CJ MC CK JM

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

My worry is Luke Briscoe, runs the ball far harder than Hall, but he’s always got an error in him. Hopefully my concerns won’t be an issue and Luke will have a stormer.

well what a pile of ###### the defence was garbage no attack first hour just 1 man 5 yard drives then drop to the floor. Only 2 players seemed to be putting a shift in. I’m guessing Mark may throw the towel in and who can blame him.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I think most fans are not wishing to jinx the team, but I would expect to win comfortably.

I think we will be too strong and too organised, both in attack and defence.

We seem far more composed, and prepared, than last year... I think we will take some stopping.

Just exactly how the game went🤔

You are London Broncos fan ain't you? 🤔

• Haha 1

After seeing Featherstone bottle it in Finals and semis time and time again you've got to wonder if over half of the squad prefer great part time wages over average full time wages.

Are they gonna perform post season when it means having to lose money from jobs outside sport by going full time or accepting terms at a club offering less fantastic part time wages? 🤔

• Like 1

Well we bottled it in a big game ONCE AGAIN .We did not start playing until the last quarter. when 4 tries down. No creativity from Ford and the defence was absolute garbage. Day being sent off gave them 2 tries. what with that and the try on half time killed off any chance.

Hall & Locky definitely going , We will need some new blood and a useful coach.

Any inside knowledge.????

So the dream is over confined to The Championship,we have proved we are not good enough or deserve to be in the top division.Congratulations to London who were by far the much better team on the night.We had a chance when getting back to 12-12 but couldn't kick on from there even when playing downhill.Don't like naming players but Day had a shocker costing two tries by shooting out of the line and not making a tackle.Then he managed to get a deserved 10 min for lifting attackers legs .Nothing from half backs and no ball handling skills shown by the back row forwards.London ran harder passed quicker and defended much better.Our kicking game was poor again just up and under's easy to catch in tonight's conditions too far in front of our defenders to put the receiver under pressure.I left half way through the second half first time i have ever done that.MC should stand down from the club he has worked tirelessly over the years to get the club into a top challenger for SL and should move on there is more to life than Featherstone Rovers.Whoever was in charge of recruitment should go and Ford plus coaching staff need to walk as the have failed in their objective.Full time coaching over the last few months and the players can't perform in such an important game.I hate SL i have only paid to see one game and that was Giants v Cas as my daughter and grand kids support Giants.I will be quite happy watching us in The Championship next season  but do feel sorry for the younger supporters who would like to see us playing in the top league.Not the end of the world at least we keep our away fixture at The Mount.Now then where is that bottle of red wine.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

So the dream is over confined to The Championship,we have proved we are not good enough or deserve to be in the top division.Congratulations to London who were by far the much better team on the night.We had a chance when getting back to 12-12 but couldn't kick on from there even when playing downhill.Don't like naming players but Day had a shocker costing two tries by shooting out of the line and not making a tackle.Then he managed to get a deserved 10 min for lifting attackers legs .Nothing from half backs and no ball handling skills shown by the back row forwards.London ran harder passed quicker and defended much better.Our kicking game was poor again just up and under's easy to catch in tonight's conditions too far in front of our defenders to put the receiver under pressure.I left half way through the second half first time i have ever done that.MC should stand down from the club he has worked tirelessly over the years to get the club into a top challenger for SL and should move on there is more to life than Featherstone Rovers.Whoever was in charge of recruitment should go and Ford plus coaching staff need to walk as the have failed in their objective.Full time coaching over the last few months and the players can't perform in such an important game.I hate SL i have only paid to see one game and that was Giants v Cas as my daughter and grand kids support Giants.I will be quite happy watching us in The Championship next season  but do feel sorry for the younger supporters who would like to see us playing in the top league.Not the end of the world at least we keep our away fixture at The Mount.Now then where is that bottle of red wine.

Totally agree.

• Like 2

I can’t understand how Day gets in the team produced very little all season. We don’t have a decent half back at the club and we have too many journeymen.

We need a big clear out starting with the coach and have a younger more dynamic team even if it means taking a step back to go forward.

One thing for sure I won’t be getting another season ticket and will pick and choose my games next year.

• Like 3

Difficult to defend a performance like that. I think Ford got a few things wrong today. We were at least one big middle light in the 17 selected. Our starting middles weren’t big enough and we got smashed in the first 30. With Bussey being used as a prop and having Day and ET in the second row we have absolutely no strike on the edges. Hau should have played. 
We are not likely to get a better chance to go up. As mentioned Wouldn’t be surprised if MC pulls the cash out now. If that happens we’ll never be able to put a squad of this years depth and quality together again and will likely become a top half championship side. 
fair play to London they were impressive. Their support play was top draw with players in motion constantly giving the ball carrier options and the defence guessing.

• Like 3

Brad Day should hang his head in shame - i think he cost us the game tonight

London were plodding in that set he got binned, made 20m & tip tackles the player on the 5th tackle

London score 18pts whist hes off & win the game

Left the comeback too late when London were gassed in that last 20 but it would have papered over the cracks in reality

Manage to catch Kyle Amors summary of us at the end of the game - poor signings mixed in with turmoil on & off the pitch - he is bang on

Do not see us getting amongst the elite in my lifetime & im only in my 30’s - i see seasons of struggle ahead now IMG are in, support will tail off big style

Regarding 2024 Im also another supporter who is not investing in a season ticket next year & will pick their games - Wakefield H at the minute is the only game im semi interested in going to

• Like 3

Tough one that. Glad we'll see you next year, but I'd have supported Fev in SL

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: