Sun 8th Oct: Ch S/F: Featherstone Rovers v London Broncos KO 18:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/23 at 18:00

Great final next for the expansionists out there. One or two might come out of the darkness to give some input.  

Whoever goes up though will have a brick wall in front of them financially and remaining in SL. 

Good luck to both 👍

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Can yer blame him ? 

Penny for Mark Campell's thoughts right now, took a big gamble putting James Ford in. Be interesting to see if he stands by him as coach. If he doesn't not really sure where Ford goes from here, left a comfortable position at York and between his stints at Wakefield and Fev he's done a fair bit of damage to his prospects of getting a decent gig

I do not know how London transformed from average team to the slick unit we saw tonight. Our indiscipline is what cost us. And our discipline has been excellent all year. We have now come top of the championship 5 times and not been promoted. For me, loyalties aside, there is something very wrong with that. IMG will be the death knell of the game as we know it in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Great final next for the expansionists out there. One or two might come out of the darkness to give some input.  

Whoever goes up though will have a brick wall in front of them financially and remaining in SL. 

Good luck to both 👍

The problems for next weeks winners will start at the final whistle.

• Like 2

A small and not terribly significant point.

I thought James Ford, when being interviewed post-match, was exceptionally gracious in defeat, if, quite understandably, struggling emotionally.  In particular, how refreshing to hear a coach say that the yellow-carding of one of his players was the right decision.

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Good luck to both 👍

It will be tough but TO have just had a change of ownership with more funding assured.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Steven Grason said:

I do not know how London transformed from average team to the slick unit we saw tonight. Our indiscipline is what cost us. And our discipline has been excellent all year. We have now come top of the championship 5 times and not been promoted. For me, loyalties aside, there is something very wrong with that. IMG will be the death knell of the game as we know it in my opinion.

Because you couldn't win the game that matters? Losing at home to Batley and London suggests Fev have no right to go up. 

2 minutes ago, oiseau said:

It will be tough but TO have just had a change of ownership with more funding assured.

Hopefully they won't be penalised £500k on paying travel costs this time. 

7 minutes ago, Steven Grason said:

Yep it's all IMGs fault that Fev hasn't been promoted for several years running 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Because you couldn't win the game that matters? Losing at home to Batley and London suggests Fev have no right to go up. 

If you don't win semi finals and finals you definitely don't deserve to go up.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Yes I've heard that also. New ownership and more investment. Can't remember where I read it. 

I met the new owner last night at the game, young chap with loads of ambition. The last guy had 12 years of financing TO but has health problems as I understand it. The new funding will or should assure continued use of the Stade Ernest Wallon.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, oiseau said:

I met the new owner last night at the game, young chap with loads of ambition. The last guy had 12 years of financing TO but has health problems as I understand it. The new funding will or should assure continued use of the Stade Ernest Wallon.

Am I right in saying he used to be one of the clubs sponsors? 

11 minutes ago, Steven Grason said:

I have a lot of sympathy for Fev generally and the specific point you make, Steven.

However, if you have a regular season structure which is not 'pure' (by which I mean not every team has the same playing schedule), then, arguably, you need a process, other than regular season league finishing positions, to determine who is promoted.  I can see a flaw in my own argument when, in that regular season, one side finishes so far ahead of the runners-up (i.e. this year, your 12 points lead over Toulouse Olympique XIII).  On the other hand, it would be impossible to organise a competition along the lines of "There will be play-offs, unless..."

Incidentally, the temptation to contrive sudden-death matches at the end of a season is now established in sports that do indeed have 'pure' league schedules.  Look no further than this country's favourite spectator sport, soccer.  The promotion play-offs below the Premier League level have little logical basis.  If you get promoted for finishing first or second, and there is a wish to promote three teams, why the side finishing third does not get the final place seems quite illogical to me.

2 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Am I right in saying he used to be one of the clubs sponsors? 

Yes, he's been around a few years. This transfer of the club has been dragging on.for far too long but it's all settled now. Press release is imminent although I think it's an open secret now as to who it is.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I have a lot of sympathy for Fev generally and the specific point you make, Steven.

However, if you have a regular season structure which is not 'pure' (by which I mean not every team has the same playing schedule), then, arguably, you need a process, other than regular season league finishing positions, to determine who is promoted.  I can see a flaw in my own argument when, in that regular season, one side finishes so far ahead of the runners-up (i.e. this year, your 12 points lead over Toulouse Olympique XIII).  On the other hand, it would be impossible to organise a competition along the lines of "There will be play-offs, unless..."

Incidentally, the temptation to contrive sudden-death matches at the end of a season is now established in sports that do indeed have 'pure' league schedules.  Look no further than this country's favourite spectator sport, soccer.  The promotion play-offs below the Premier League level have little logical basis.  If you get promoted for finishing first or second, and there is a wish to promote three teams, why the side finishing third does not get the final place seems quite illogical to me.

I guess the current system at least ensures the championship isn't done in april. 

Everyone knows the rules and everyone plays by the same rules ultimately. 

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

So you're saying that Fev should've been promoted anyway?