Mark Campbell's Open Letter

Maureen T-k

5 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

TRL HQ seem to be starting threads on our club forum if Fev are mentioned. Perhaps this is automatically generated if the word Featherstone appears in the article.

Another one has just popped up plugging their podcast.

Fair play I guess, as it's their site and they pay for it.

Indeed, and as you say it's their site. Mind you, the post I was referring to was in the form of a reply so I'm not sure that one would have been auto-generated, unless they have an especially clever algorithm.

I'm interested to see which way this goes. The club need to be realistic and sensible and bring in a squad that can compete but won't damage the club financially. Don't want to be doing a Bradford and having to get the buckets out.

• Like 1

Quick translation:  

Made a right mess of the season with off field antics and a shambles of a coaching set up.

No point spending big money on the squad anymore so we'll put out a mid table championship side and hopefully maintain our match day revenues as long as possible.

Please buy the new kit

• Haha 2

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

TRL HQ seem to be starting threads on our club forum if Fev are mentioned. Perhaps this is automatically generated if the word Featherstone appears in the article.

Another one has just popped up plugging their podcast.

Fair play I guess, as it's their site and they pay for it.

I've now merged three different threads about MC's letter into one thread.

I tried to do this yesterday after I’d started the first thread and the person who commented on it then started another one on same issue 😂😂 it wouldn’t let me do it 😂

Im Fev and im proud

6 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

As I said you don't seem to understand how it will work. To take just one of your beliefs: there is absolutely no requirement to win the Championship GF to be 'promoted' to SL nor to finish bottom of SL to be 'relegated'. In fact (although unlikely) a club could finish bottom of L1 and be in SL the following season or win the SL GF and be 'relegated'....

And yes, although again unlikely, you could have 6 teams 'promoted' and 6 'relegated' in a single season.

That's what I said Les, regarding L1 meteoric rise etc, so I do understand the system. No one fully understands how they are gonna use it tho. 

Think about it.....the grades are pointless.....its could just be a straight forward ranking using same criteria they have brought in. The 'Grades' are for release to the fans, the other info they provs will keep quite about. 

So not so much an MPG on spread sheets but a full on playoffs including possibly the SL GF winners risking the chop. 

The whole system is looking like its wide open to false reports, false documents.....ripe for abuse. 

When there are 13 A grades.....that's when they might scrap this ######. Especially if the TV deals don't see big improvements at that point. 

13 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

That's what I said Les, regarding L1 meteoric rise etc, so I do understand the system. No one fully understands how they are gonna use it tho. 

Think about it.....the grades are pointless.....its could just be a straight forward ranking using same criteria they have brought in. The 'Grades' are for release to the fans, the other info they provs will keep quite about. 

So not so much an MPG on spread sheets but a full on playoffs including possibly the SL GF winners risking the chop. 

The whole system is looking like its wide open to false reports, false documents.....ripe for abuse. 

When there are 13 A grades.....that's when they might scrap this ######. Especially if the TV deals don't see big improvements at that point. 

If there are more than 12 A grades they've said they'll expand Super League. If you're an A grade you're in Super League. It won't happen though.

• Like 1

Five A clubs and i think we all know who they will be.Saints Wigan Warrington Leeds and Catalan.Hull KR can't be far off i rate them higher than Hull FC who are not as secure with owner and sharing ground.Then we will have a shedload of B clubs which will have to be rated B+  B  and B- due the differences in the grade.Group C clubs will have plenty to do to achieve a B rating never mind hopes of SL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lingaro said:

How can they grade our catchment area any differently from Wakefield or Castleford? 

They can't can they mate, it goes on local government district divided by number of rfl clubs. So our score should be same as Wakey and Cas....looks like to French clubs get advantage on that bcos it appears they are doing it by department which is like county while England its district level 🤔

16 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

They can't can they mate, it goes on local government district divided by number of rfl clubs. So our score should be same as Wakey and Cas....looks like to French clubs get advantage on that bcos it appears they are doing it by department which is like county while England its district level 🤔

Thanks.  Sounds as fair as anything else the RFL come up with. Tried explaining it to people at work a they think I've just dropped in from space. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

I tried to do this yesterday after I’d started the first thread and the person who commented on it then started another one on same issue 😂😂 it wouldn’t let me do it 😂

I posted it and then saw you had also posted the same thing, I couldn’t delete my post so I commented on yours to try and make that the active one but the best plans of mice and men gang aft a-gley. I didn’t deliberately post a duplicate sheesh

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Five A clubs and i think we all know who they will be.Saints Wigan Warrington Leeds and Catalan.Hull KR can't be far off i rate them higher than Hull FC who are not as secure with owner and sharing ground.Then we will have a shedload of B clubs which will have to be rated B+  B  and B- due the differences in the grade.Group C clubs will have plenty to do to achieve a B rating never mind hopes of SL.

No they won't!! A 'B' grade club will have an associated score that will determine its ranking in the pecking order.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No they won't!! A 'B' grade club will have an associated score that will determine its ranking in the pecking order.

Yes so the top B+ clubs  have the highest score The middle scores would be what i called B and the lower scores will be B-.You are just being argumentative.There will probably be at least 14 B grade clubs that is why i split them into sections.How do we know the marking is fair.Who decides  and how transparent is it.Championships  teams will not have a level playing field against present SL teams .If you think the system is fair and will work you are clutching at straws.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Yes so the top B+ clubs  have the highest score The middle scores would be what i called B and the lower scores will be B-.You are just being argumentative.There will probably be at least 14 B grade clubs that is why i split them into sections.How do we know the marking is fair.Who decides  and how transparent is it.Championships  teams will not have a level playing field against present SL teams .If you think the system is fair and will work you are clutching at straws.

I give up

57 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I give up

Because you don't have an answer IMG want a league table of points for each club.There will be teams near the top the middle teams and ones near the bottom.Just like a league table for the season.Then clubs start saying how can we get half a point more to get over the ones above.What do you think the outcome will be for present Championship teams How many in the next 12 years will get into SL.New clubs with  decent grounds and backers will have more chance than the present teams.By rights my ashes should have been scattered long before the IMG contract is up but i determined to be alive after 12 years to see what a mess they have made of the rugby League family.But i don't think it will last 12 years i think IMG will have baled out probably after 8 years by not raising sufficient revenue to give clubs more money and take their cut out.Please explain why i am wrong in splitting the B grades into sections.The premier League has the top 6 or 7 then the middle band who don't have much to play for .Then the bottom half dozen who are striving to stay up.Do you not think IMG proposals have split the game down the middle.

The sad fact of all this is we should have done it this year avoiding all this ballacks but we failed unless anything changes this is another 2 decades of it all feeling pointless for most clubs but my love for fev and the product wont stop me going.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, philcow said:

The sad fact of all this is we should have done it this year avoiding all this ballacks but we failed unless anything changes this is another 2 decades of it all feeling pointless for most clubs but my love for fev and the product wont stop me going.

Well said , at last someone realises it's still RL were watching and our favourite clubs, what will be wil be with IMG ,let 's enjoy our games , don't forget man city or Chelsea have no chance of promotion but it doesn't stop their fans adoring them.

2 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Well said , at last someone realises it's still RL were watching and our favourite clubs, what will be wil be with IMG ,let 's enjoy our games , don't forget man city or Chelsea have no chance of promotion but it doesn't stop their fans adoring them.

Personally I enjoyed those years when we were dominant where there was no promotion. At least there’s the chance of winning more matches. 

• Thanks 1