Sun 15th Oct: Championship Grand Final: Toulouse Olympique v London Broncos KO 14:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique by 13 points ore more
    • Toulouse Olympique by 7 to 12 points
    • Toulouse Olympique by 1 to 6 points
    • London Broncos by 1 to 6 points
    • London Broncos by 7 to 12 points
    • London Broncos by 13 points ore more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/23 at 14:00

18 hours ago, barnyia said:

Équipe live in France, I've read they're showing both finals. They're a french website of the équipe newspaper/TV channel 

That's a quick turnaround from what you informed us yesterday, but the lack of any TV channels for 2 finals involving French teams is a bit worrying.

I have no comment on the game as to who will win, only seen London at the weekend not seen TO this season, both had good and not so good results during the season, hope both teams can field their strongest team, and quite honestly not bothered who gets the Victory, but looking forward to watching it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Don't mind who wins. Would like to see them both in SL in the near future. If I had to choose I'll go with Toulouse, just because others have said that they've got the better chance right now of staying up.

If it is still a 12 team SL and you want them both in, at who's expense?

You are aware that staying up could have nothing whatsoever to do with on field performance don't you, either of them could lose every game in the season (which is not beyond probability unless they take wholesale changes and splash the cash big time) and still maintain SL status, which to me is totally against all sporting ethics.

Just my opinion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I meant if Super League is able to increase to 14 or more teams. More of an idealistic wish than current reality, I admit. I wasn't wanting to swap either with any of the teams currently in SL - those teams are there on merit. Just hope for a more expansive league one day - two teams in France to add to the profile there, plus a top level team back in London. As I say, more wishful thinking right now.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are aware that staying up could have nothing whatsoever to do with on field performance don't you, either of them could lose every game in the season (which is not beyond probability unless they take wholesale changes and splash the cash big time) and still maintain SL status, which to me is totally against all sporting ethics.

I'll be honest that I haven't looked at all the specifics, but I've followed some of the discussions enough to know that there's other factors at play than just on field performance. I'm not really knowledgeable enough to give an opinion on that. I understand what you're saying that it's not what we're used to in sport, but maybe there's a bigger picture for the game as a whole. I wouldn't think they're doing it to be unkind to any particular team or teams, it's just that they think it's needed to progress the sport. Whether they're correct or not, I don't know. Luckily I don't have any club affiliations, so I'm outside the bubble on that one.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

If they try the short blind side, utilising dummy runners and the chip over there will only be one side in it. It's not tiddly winks, you know?

Going back to your playing days Johnny 😁

I don't think London will play an expansive game, and will keep it tight, but i still think Toulouse will win it

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just my opinion.

i know its changing next season but perhaps if cas were to finish bottom next season they could go down and either Toulouse or London go up.

that of course would mean 3 very local teams together in the championship. something many would think is the way to go. 

18 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

i know its changing next season but perhaps if cas were to finish bottom next season they could go down and either Toulouse or London go up.

that of course would mean 3 very local teams together in the championship. something many would think is the way to go. 

At least they won't have to worry about away fans 

1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

no club needs to worry about away fans if they start not relying on them every other week to pay the bills. they could always grow home support although i realise its a lot more easy just to blame the lack of away supporters 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I know that’s tongue in cheek lol, but getting toulouse and London out of championship is a good thing for the game as a whole, champ clubs need cash as they don’t sky money, and it also helps expand the game win win for me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

no club needs to worry about away fans if they start not relying on them every other week to pay the bills. they could always grow home support although i realise its a lot more easy just to blame the lack of away supporters 

I don’t think no away fans is from a financial point of view more of an atmosphere view tbh. I don’t like a quite ground with no atmosphere myself tbh. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rovers13 said:

I don’t think no away fans is from a financial point of view more of an atmosphere view tbh. I don’t like a quite ground with no atmosphere myself tbh. 

go to say Castleford when there doing well and even when they play clubs with hardly any away support and you can feel the vibe.

by the way i am not a cas fan by any Strech of the imagination.

3 hours ago, paul hicks said:

Never heard of the icing on the cake Paul?

All SL clubs are getting by on how many home fans come through the gates, but those away fans who make the trip all add to the revenue and make life just that bit easier, I should imagine that which of these two clubs make SL the icing required will be so much thicker, London moreso than Toulouse.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Never heard of the icing on the cake Paul?

All SL clubs are getting by on how many home fans come through the gates, but those away fans who make the trip all add to the revenue and make life just that bit easier, I should imagine that which of these two clubs make SL the icing required will be so much thicker, London moreso than Toulouse.

well, if your just on about a few away fans then it's going to be a dusting not icing. as to which brings more icing well hard to say if you look at more than the dusting from a few away fans. which cub will attract more sponsors for the game as a whole and which club may attract a better broadcasting deal. that could be the icing not a couple of dozen away fans from either London or France.

really what's the difference between a few Huddersfield away fans and a few Salford away fans compared to a few Toulouse or London fans.  when looking back at attendances for my club since Catalan came into the league, I can't seem to find a season when the home fixture against catalan was the lowest attendance of the season. i of course do not include covid affected seasons. 

• Like 3

Pretty hard to call this given London's form to get here. Personally don't think I will be watching it and find it hard to get excited about the clash and were hoping Fev would get there to add a bit of a will they or won't they kind of excitment to the game. As it is both teams have the chance of 1 year in the sun before we go back to the status quo in 2025.

11 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Pretty hard to call this given London's form to get here. Personally don't think I will be watching it and find it hard to get excited about the clash and were hoping Fev would get there to add a bit of a will they or won't they kind of excitment to the game. As it is both teams have the chance of 1 year in the sun before we go back to the status quo in 2025.

Bold statement that oxy lol, do you honestly believe wakey would replace either? They might but I wouldn’t be banking on it myself. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Pretty hard to call this given London's form to get here. Personally, don't think I will be watching it and find it hard to get excited about the clash and were hoping Fev would get there to add a bit of a will they or won't they kind of excitement to the game. As it is both teams have the chance of 1 year in the sun before we go back to the status quo in 2025.

no automatic relegation next year is there.  who knows if either club would be relegated under the IMG grading or indeed if a different club would be sent down if any.

17 hours ago, paul hicks said:

I agree Paul , but do see some irony in discussions about growing home fans and London 😉