Sun 22 Oct: International: England v Tonga (at Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens) KO 2.30pm

Who will win?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/23 at 14:00

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Newman has been fine, but he hasn't overtaken a far better player because he was injured. 

Fair, Newman could be the only one looking over his shoulder, but no one else. I dont think he's done badly though, just bit been involved enough.

That's a hell of a finish.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

I don’t think either Newman or King have made themselves undroppable. I would be very worried if I was Williams I don’t see how he gets back in. 

If Lewis has a great 2nd test then he's earned it for the 3rd, but I would just say I don't think our halves have linked too well overall. But agreed, Lewis has been a breath of fresh air. 

I don’t think either Newman or King have made themselves undroppable. I would be very worried if I was Williams I don’t see how he gets back in. 

Lewis has been bumped off tackles quite easily at times. Tonga haven't been able to take advantage but Williams is one of the best defenders you could want so I'm fairly sure he'll replace Lewis. They are both players who play best when they run the ball but Williams is ahead of Lewis in terms of ability.

• Like 1

Should have finished them off by now.

I'm not unhappy with a tight finish as long as we bloody win!

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, EagleEyePie said:

Lewis has been bumped off tackles quite easily at times. Tonga haven't been able to take advantage but Williams is one of the best defenders you could want so I'm fairly sure he'll replace Lewis. They are both players who play best when they run the ball but Williams is ahead of Lewis in terms of ability.

Lewis has given two stealing penalties and been bumped off - he does need to improve defensively. He could be targeted more next week. 

Did he mention the Fat Controller then?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

England need to learn to play right to the end this happens far too often. 

I do think it's a weakness of our halves, our attack has been rusty. But it's the first test so hopefully we'll improve. 

Blinding test match. 

A wonderful tough test match and one of three so loads to look forward to.

Well done England and congrats to both teams for a great game.

• Like 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Mikey "the King of Hull" Lewis gets PotM.

(sorry, OF)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A nice tribute to Norman Collier in the post-match interview with TJ.

• Haha 6

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

A wonderful tough test match and one of three so loads to look forward to.

Well done England and congrats to both teams for a great game.

It was probably the perfect First Test for the series.