The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

The greatest sport in the world run by a set of numpties who’s have employed an even bigger set of numpties to run the game. Couldn’t make it up 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

On 25/01/2024 at 04:11, Damien said:

That makes no sense. London can use their B grade to grow towards an A grade too just like any club. Hughes is choosing not to and is instead choosing to moan about specific criterion when his club are blatantly failing on far more than just those.

If London are that far behind the curve that they have no chance for next season then Hughes has to carry the can for that. He voted for this system and knew full well what it entails.

For me the key point would be.... if London are such a basket case how the hell can a system rate them as a B...

I say basket case not as my assessment but based on the sort of commentary on here...

13 minutes ago, redjonn said:

For me the key point would be.... if London are such a basket case how the hell can a system rate them as a B...

I say basket case not as my assessment but based on the sort of commentary on here...

Because the vast majority of our clubs are small and have many failings - caused in most cases by a lack of money but in London's case by a lack of clue what to do with money. This means are standards are pretty low, even on the IMG gradings.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, redjonn said:

I think an obvious flaw in the grading is that the B grade range is far too large. It should only encompass clubs that are somewhat close to SL standard. Personally I think B should be around 11+ and then have the C grade 8-11 points with a D grade beneath that.

And with that have a B grade a Championship club, in the same way A guarantees being a SL club.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, redjonn said:

"No comment, officer" 🙂

Edited by JohnM

On 26/01/2024 at 22:43, DEANO said:

The greatest sport in the world run by a set of numpties who’s have employed an even bigger set of numpties to run the game. Couldn’t make it up 

Absolute nonsense - have you not seen the latest stuff that has happened because of IMGs involvement.

And anyway IMG don't 'run the game'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Absolute nonsense - have you not seen the latest stuff that has happened because of IMGs involvement.

I haven't seen the latest stuff that has happened because of IMG's involvement. 

It isn't of benefit solely to Super League clubs though,I bet.

Who does run the game,now?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

On 27/01/2024 at 13:33, Damien said:

I think an obvious flaw in the grading is that the B grade range is far too large. It should only encompass clubs that are somewhat close to SL standard. Personally I think B should be around 11+ and then have the C grade 8-11 points with a D grade beneath that.

And with that have a B grade a Championship club, in the same way A guarantees being a SL club.

I'd agree with that. Isn't the definition of a B grade club that they're eligible to play Super League? Yet with a lot of the scoring bands awarding points, or percentage of a point, for nothing (e.g. impossible to score zero for average attendances), you're not too far off being a B grade without even doing anything.

54 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I haven't seen the latest stuff that has happened because of IMG's involvement. 

It isn't of benefit solely to Super League clubs though,I bet.

Who does run the game,now?

So you haven't seen anything that they've done but you think they are muppets?

OK.

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I'd agree with that. Isn't the definition of a B grade club that they're eligible to play Super League? Yet with a lot of the scoring bands awarding points, or percentage of a point, for nothing (e.g. impossible to score zero for average attendances), you're not too far off being a B grade without even doing anything.

I think it's a touch muddled. I'm not sure the grades are that important - it's the score and the position this puts you in that is important.

It feels like they were going to be important - the original proposal gave Grade A clubs a guarantee of being in, and Grade B's would be assessed annually, however that isn't the case now, and every club is assessed annually, meaning that being an A doesn't give you any protection as far as I can see. 

If you are a Grade A one year and then bomb and get overtaken, your annual assessment could see you drop to B and down the table and be relegated - you have no protection.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think it's a touch muddled. I'm not sure the grades are that important - it's the score and the position this puts you in that is important.

It feels like they were going to be important - the original proposal gave Grade A clubs a guarantee of being in, and Grade B's would be assessed annually, however that isn't the case now, and every club is assessed annually, meaning that being an A doesn't give you any protection as far as I can see. 

If you are a Grade A one year and then bomb and get overtaken, your annual assessment could see you drop to B and down the table and be relegated - you have no protection.

Hi Dave T , as I understand it you do get at least 1 year of protection . If you are Grade A in 2024 , have a terrible season in 2025 and drop down to 13th best club in ratings (and Grade B) you wouldn't be relegated . However the following season (2026) you wouldn't be exempt from relegation as you would start it as Cat B, so if you are outside top 12 in 2026 gradings then you would be relegated (presuming you were still Cat B)

• Like 2

On 26/01/2024 at 16:32, ATLANTISMAN said:

Looks like the first BBC match is at Castleford brilliant decision that NOT good old BBC lets show super league in the worst possible light.

Where is IMG when you need them

Not sure if you are being serious . Cas is a fantastic ground for TV . Will be packed  and against current Champions . Would you honestly perefer first game to be in a 3/4 empty stadium ?

Edited by Taffy Tiger
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

As far as I can see they have relegated London before the season starts. They’ve allowed the big boys to be immune from relegation and the more clicks you have on social media should guarantee super league status

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DEANO said:

As far as I can see they have relegated London before the season starts. They’ve allowed the big boys to be immune from relegation and the more clicks you have on social media should guarantee super league status

You're not looking very far are you?

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

You're not looking very far are you?

Far enough. Sounds like you’ve got a high powered telescope

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Hi Dave T , as I understand it you do get at least 1 year of protection . If you are Grade A in 2024 , have a terrible season in 2025 and drop down to 13th best club in ratings (and Grade B) you wouldn't be relegated . However the following season (2026) you wouldn't be exempt from relegation as you would start it as Cat B, so if you are outside top 12 in 2026 gradings then you would be relegated (presuming you were still Cat B)

Aye, ignore me, not for the first time I'm creating my own hybrid system 🤣

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, DEANO said:

Guessing you don’t actually know

Not at all, there's plenty obvious out there. The fact you asked what basic comprehension means explains quite clearly why all of that has passed you by.