Fev player wages

13 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Feel for the players & hopefully it gets sorted. No where near the record held by Widnes tho, IIRC they went into administration as soon as the hooter went when they blew a playoff final, god knows how many years ago. P

Exactly what I thought, after losing to Castleford, 2007 ish.  Can't remember how we came back from that one.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

22 minutes ago, kiggy said:

They aren't a professional side though so how much are we really talking about? Not that I'm dissing the club, any money owed is important to the employees

Of course they're professional.

The amount is anyone's guess but it'll be a fair wedge.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

39 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

You could come down to give some lessons then, as a volunteer of course as we can't pay you anything.

Amateurs next season, then?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

38 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Well of course Batley would have been promoted but the door was slammed shut because of SL and Fev and Fax have both won the Championship but were faced with a closed shop and no promotion. i.e. they were all artificially held back so Wakey could finish bottom in SL every year to 'let them develop and build'

When was this, please?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

When was this, please?

94/95 when Keighley and Batley finished top 2 in Div 2 but both were denied promotion and a few including Fev were also booted in favour of PSG and London.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

94/95 when Keighley and Batley finished top 2 in Div 2 but both were denied promotion and a few including Fev were also booted in favour of PSG and London.

OK. I hadn't realised folk were still hurting from so long ago.

Just now, Blind side johnny said:

OK. I hadn't realised folk were still hurting from so long ago.

I'm not hurting, I was answering a question.

• Like 1

3736-mipm.gif

4 hours ago, Bull Mania said:

Worrying thing is, if Matts article is correct, it reads like they're saying they don't have any funds for the wages and are looking at external income to cover them. What about next months wages (granted it will be significantly less)

Would presume the season ticket money (which seemed to have a very very early deadline for early bird) has already been spent. 

Let's hope it gets sorted. 

The season is over, why would they  need to pay players then?

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Hull KR are a great example of how shambolic this whole thing is. They were down on their luck and well outside the cut when SL started. I remember them languishing in the 3rd tier at one point until they started to pick up and go on a bit of a roll. They were fortunate that their upturn coincided with a brief period of natural P&R occurring and got up to SL and stayed up. 

They've steadily grown, even going through a relegation (all part of the growth cycle) and are now a 'grade A' club. if this system had been in place for the past 20 years Hull KR would still be in the championship.

No, if the new system had been in place then Neil Hudgell, Rob Crossland and others could have spent their £12-15m a lot more efficiently to build Hull KR into a sustainable top-flight club. 

Yes, that’s how much has been spent. The old system was hugely inefficient. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

11 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

No, if the new system had been in place then Neil Hudgell, Rob Crossland and others could have spent their £12-15m a lot more efficiently to build Hull KR into a sustainable top-flight club. 

Yes, that’s how much has been spent. The old system was hugely inefficient. 

yeah, sure they would.

3736-mipm.gif

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

If the system rewarded the team finishing 1st in the league they’d have been good enough. 

You can only go with the system in place at the start of the season and that wasn't it so they wasn't good enough. Teams recruit and play the season with the play offs in mind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

No it shows that the system is designed to get the best run clubs in the top tier, as Featherstone have shown they aren’t a well run club on or off the field.

I'm not sure the system is designed for that otherwise Batley who are probably run better than over half of the teams in SL would have a chance of making the 12. Personally I'm not too fussed either way because I think the fallout when the actual gradings are announced is going to be one of the funniest things Ive seen in RL but in my opinion certain parts of the grading system were set to disadvantage some teams and advantage others. Just looking at the catchment areas and I would take some convincing otherwise. Not to mention that some areas that have a fantastic history of producing talent for the top tier do not seem to get rewarded for that in any way at all. 

You honestly can't blame Fev for gambling on the 1.5m carrot or whatever it is especially as the criteria looks stacked to favor teams already in SL and anyone who says that over the past decade they don't diserve a chance in the top tier is probably off their rocker.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

I wondered how long it would be before the Bulls were mentioned

Kudos for letting it drag onto page three

Bulls fans can hardly talk they've been on here and our site so no room to complain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Widnes were kicked out as well.

From memory Widnes were told they were in about 7 games from the season's end (after Toulouse pulled out).  In typical Widnes fashion they then lost something like 6 of the last seven.  Seem to recall that the contracts were based on games played so they thought they'd save money leaving  players out. Anyway they finished outside the top ten.  Then Castleford objected complaining that they finished above Widnes but they were out and Widnes were in.  So they had a big meeting which resulted in them going with the top ten.  Ironically, if Widnes knew it was going to be the top ten they'd have probably won a few more of the last seven games.  Also Oldham and Workington got in and it would have been the first time in years either had finished above Widnes. In the first Superleague season Widnes knocked both Oldham and Workington out of the cup. Looking back I don't think we ever recovered from it.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

30 minutes ago, Damien said:

You can only go with the system in place at the start of the season and that wasn't it so they wasn't good enough. Teams recruit and play the season with the play offs in mind.

I know, I was just responding to Chris’ comment that they woundn’t have gone up whatever the system. 

16 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

From memory Widnes were told they were in about 7 games from the season's end (after Toulouse pulled out).  In typical Widnes fashion they then lost something like 6 of the last seven.  Seem to recall that the contracts were based on games played so they thought they'd save money leaving  players out. Anyway they finished outside the top ten.  Then Castleford objected complaining that they finished above Widnes but they were out and Widnes were in.  So they had a big meeting which resulted in them going with the top ten.  Ironically, if Widnes knew it was going to be the top ten they'd have probably won a few more of the last seven games.  Also Oldham and Workington got in and it would have been the first time in years either had finished above Widnes. In the first Superleague season Widnes knocked both Oldham and Workington out of the cup. Looking back I don't think we ever recovered from it.

Crossed wires. I was referring to the start of SL when you were kicked out along with us to allow PSG and London in.

21 minutes ago, HullWire said:

Players are paid all year round - what would they live on othewise

In North America players are paid their full contract amount over the course of the season.  Out of season the only money the franchises pay players is their stipends for training camp.  The players budget accordingly.