Trinity owner has big plans

Further good news story and extra investment from the owner into enhancing player facilities to a professional level. 

5 weeks refurbishment to create a new players lounge area to relax, entertain and eat/spend time. No doubt this will have come at considerable cost. 

The new owner is serious about transforming the club. Not just customer facing but like this behind the scenes. 

Trinity will hopefully come back a much more professional outfit. 

Other changes have been made with a professional Chef recruited and cooking all player meals too! with the addition of the heavy investment in quality back room staff of SL quality it’s clear there’s a real plan to succeed. 

The new stand now signed off and talk is the new trinity owner is improving the quality of the changing rooms and even considering adding plunge pools for players. 

I can imagine coming to Trinity as a player now looks a completely different experience. 

See the new players lounge here: 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/effect-joinery-ltd_commercialconstruction-commercialrefurbishment-activity-7150442355471355904-Ms4F?utm_source=li_share&utm_content=feedcontent&utm_medium=g_mb_web&utm_campaign=copy

Edited by Trojan Horse
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Further good news story and extra investment from the owner into enhancing player facilities to a professional level. 

5 weeks refurbishment to create a new players lounge area to relax, entertain and eat/spend time. No doubt this will have come at considerable cost. 

The new owner is serious about transforming the club. Not just customer facing but like this behind the scenes. 

Other changes have been made with a professional Chef recruited and cooking all player meals too! with the addition of the heavy investment in quality back room staff of SL quality it’s clear there’s a real plan to succeed. 

The new stand now signed off and talk is the new trinity owner is improving the quality of the changing rooms and even considering adding plunge pools for players. 

I can imagine coming to Trinity as a player now looks a completely different experience. 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/effect-joinery-ltd_commercialconstruction-commercialrefurbishment-activity-7150442355471355904-Ms4F?utm_source=li_share&utm_content=feedcontent&utm_medium=g_mb_web&utm_campaign=copy

It will be really interesting to see what this all does for Wakefield's turnover, and hopefully profitability, over the next few years. It should obviously grow immensly. Obviously that can then flow into the on field investment and creating a better more competitive team in SL, should they come back up.

Exciting times for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damien said:

It will be really interesting to see what this all does for Wakefield's turnover, and hopefully profitability, over the next few years. It should obviously grow immensly. Obviously that can then flow into the on field investment and creating a better more competitive team in SL, should they come back up.

Exciting times for sure.

Good init? 

The new owner has already nailed his colours to the mast regarding the player budget should we return to SL. Hes stated on a few occasions that not only will the club spend the full cap but will also take advantage of the marquee player allowances. Add that to a full array of coaching and support staff, new training facilities, players lounge and what looks like an increasing home support behind them and who knows what Trinity could achieve

On 12/01/2024 at 12:21, Trojan Horse said:

To be fair it won’t have cost him much to create the player area, even though it does look good. His company has a team of fitters, plumbers and electricians, so it’s likely he’s using them in their quiet periods. He will also be owed no end of favours, so it won’t take a huge chunk from the budget.

i think they are also refurbishing the other levels, most notably the two levels of vices. After that expect the old clubhouse to receive a similar makeover and a possible repurposing.

The first real expenditure will be the West Terrace, that won’t come cheap.

Rebuilding the West Terrace will be the making of a ground into a stadium if you get my drift.

Two genuine modern stands will transform what was a dilapidated ground and will also create an impetus to develop the other two sides, especially if we continue to grow the fan base. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Rebuilding the West Terrace will be the making of a ground into a stadium if you get my drift.

Two genuine modern stands will transform what was a dilapidated ground and will also create an impetus to develop the other two sides, especially if we continue to grow the fan base. 

I'm almost as excited to see what's planned for the WT as I am for this upcoming season. As you say it will make a massive difference to the ground. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

I'm almost as excited to see what's planned for the WT as I am for this upcoming season. As you say it will make a massive difference to the ground. 

The only fly in the ointment is the possibility we don’t get promoted. Can’t see  any point in redeveloping further for second tier RL. It will just be a general spruce up sadly. I could be wrong, but businessmen want some kind of return, and an almost always empty west stand wouldn’t give one.

On 15/01/2024 at 20:31, OMEGA said:

Yep it’s a must for SL. I’m not discounting the needs of Championship fans, but generally the number of away fans aren’t there. They also tend to be diehards who would follow their team anywhere. They can be catered for as BV is now.

To attract the full quota of bandwagon away fans and all their lovely money would require facilities we don’t currently have.

The club have left the end section of the main stand soley for away supporters and a large part of the adjacent section has also been blocked out, i suspect this may be used too. Could be a few hundred seats available and this should cater for the vast majority of away support to BV this season.

3 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

The club have left the end section of the main stand soley for away supporters and a large part of the adjacent section has also been blocked out, i suspect this may be used too. Could be a few hundred seats available and this should cater for the vast majority of away support to BV this season.

I think they are on a first come first serve basis, rather than specifically for away fans, but I get your point. 

a lot of talk about the ground etc- what about the team - what's the likely line up for WT in their 1st game? new signings? team improvements?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 17/01/2024 at 08:28, Kirmonds pouch said:

I’m not discounting the needs of Championship fans, but generally the number of away fans aren’t there. They also tend to be diehards who would follow their team anywhere. 

what an amazingly disrespectful post towards championship fans WOW

• Confused 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

41 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

what an amazingly disrespectful post towards championship fans WOW

Are you suggesting that Championship teams take loads of fans to away games?

They don't.

Fev and Bulls, maybe Fax, will bring a fair few, but the rest? Maybe some good turn outs with fans taking the opportunity to go somewhere new. 

I know Wakey fans are engaged by the prospect of visiting fresh places, so hopefully we'll travel well to other clubs, but at home it's not rocket science to know that away fan numbers will be down next season.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

a lot of talk about the ground etc- what about the team - what's the likely line up for WT in their 1st game? new signings? team improvements?

The team is looking strong. Effectively a SL quality team or very close too.

the coaching set up has been heavily invested in with a new back room all from SL clubs.

Rumour of another signing imminent of good quality. 

likely line up for round 1 probably: 

Jowitt

Mcgillvray

Pratt

Thornley

Walmsley

lino

Gale

Bowden

Hood

Atoni

Ashurst

Griffin

Pitts

Doyle

Cozza

Vagana

Uele

some good rotation options and back up with good SL experience in Kay, Croft, Franco. 

Luke Bain who played for Scotland vs Aus and looked promising that game. Good young Aus forward in Boothroyd. 

England academy’s starting 9 (Harvey Smith) promoted to first team this year. 

Edited by Trojan Horse

35 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

The team is looking strong. Effectively a SL quality team or very close too.

I think the squad we have already assembled this season is superior to the one we had in SL last season. No dross like lineham ,gaskell , proctor etc

51 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I think the squad we have already assembled this season is superior to the one we had in SL last season. No dross like lineham ,gaskell , proctor etc

But equally no Fifita, Whitbread and Tanginoa.

Though we have signed quite well and some of the players we’ve signed should fill those gaps. 

We do have the dual reg with Wigan too so fringe players like Hampshire, Farrimond, Eseh could be available if required. 

Really looking forward to this season.

On 17/01/2024 at 18:54, Kirmonds pouch said:

The only fly in the ointment is the possibility we don’t get promoted. Can’t see  any point in redeveloping further for second tier RL. It will just be a general spruce up sadly. I could be wrong, but businessmen want some kind of return, and an almost always empty west stand wouldn’t give one.

No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I thought that the IMG process gives the opportunity for a club outside of SL to leapfrog into SL if that club achieves Grade A status.  The indicative score for Wakey was 12.52 so is it possible for Wakey to achieve a score of 15 if further redevelopment of the ground plus other off field initiatives takes place even if Wakey fail to achieve promotion?

4 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

It probably is, but it would struggle in SL. 

Possibly but the owner has said he will invest heavily in SL and spend the cap with marquee. 

Plus you can’t understate the more professional set up in the back room. 

Either way Trinity will be in a much stronger position coming back in than when they went out. 

There’s other small improvements. The social media side has improved with regular videos and content and the YouTube channel for trinity has seen a rise from 300 in November to now 2,130 in January. A 700% increase. it seems there is the drive to improve across the whole of Wakefield Trinity. See below if interested.

https://youtube.com/@WakefieldTrinityRLFC?feature=shared

Edited by Trojan Horse

On 15/01/2024 at 20:31, OMEGA said:

Even just a modern, covered standing terrace the full length with more ammenities would be a huge improvement and shouldn't cost the earth.

16 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

But equally no Fifita, Whitbread and Tanginoa.

Thats a fair and valid point. 

Unfortunately Fifita only came for half a season and whitbread and taginoa hardly played much rugby. Correct me if I am wrong but i dont think we ever played a game with all three available 

I still think fridays squad would have beaten most of the actual squads we put out last season. Plus i am confident that this seasons team will be fitter and better prepared tactically.

I also have a strong feeling that as the season progresses, further quality could be added to the squad.

After all these years of hope , i now feel Trinity will soon be one of the top clubs again.