Developments at Cas!

19 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

The Cas non-statement statement. Looks like they’ve been caught out by the Companies House update and not co-ordinated their release of the news. 

I am shocked Cas have been caught out with their admin… stunned in fact! 👀

Confirmation published tonight.  Jepson takes a 32% share, reducing both Ian and Janet Fultons shares, all three now have a 32%.

Also investing a 7 figure sum into the club.  The investment was made prior to the submission of the accounts to be used for the 2025 img submission which will obviously provide some additional scoring.

• Like 1

So is that genuine investment or was it purely to deposit a 7 figure sum of money to get a better score on that parameter? Will he be doing the same for 2026? If not, whatever points are attained fot 2025 will be lost again, unless I am reading it wrong.

Seems to be a fair bit of work aaround going on. Still, that's the way the sport has decide to go so clubs will naturally look at ways to take advatage of loop holes.

30 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

So is that genuine investment or was it purely to deposit a 7 figure sum of money to get a better score on that parameter? Will he be doing the same for 2026? If not, whatever points are attained fot 2025 will be lost again, unless I am reading it wrong.

Seems to be a fair bit of work aaround going on. Still, that's the way the sport has decide to go so clubs will naturally look at ways to take advatage of loop holes.

Seems a genuine investment, to be spent on facilities and infrastructure.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/new-castleford-tigers-co-owner-martin-jepson-addresses-takeover-talk-as-he-outlines-goal-4437896

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Why would anyone buy a 32% stake of a club, and then invest 7 figures into the club just for IMG points. 

28 minutes ago, Click said:

Why would anyone buy a 32% stake of a club, and then invest 7 figures into the club just for IMG points. 

Wouldn't have thought anything about it without the comment making the point the investment has come in time to be considered in the 2025 accounts, which would subsequently increase the relevant score. Just seems an odd thing to highlight.

42 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Wouldn't have thought anything about it without the comment making the point the investment has come in time to be considered in the 2025 accounts, which would subsequently increase the relevant score. Just seems an odd thing to highlight.

Not necessarily, I took it as them basically informing Cas fans that the investment of money was included in their current score, so that won't be something that will increase next year. 

Some people may also take it as they see the IMG criteria as something they can use to invest more directly into the club and knowing what areas may need fixing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

I don't think it's an odd thing to highlight. They know that the IMG score is on alot of fans mind, why not highlight that the investment brings in some extra scoring?

Only the same as comments Beaumont has made about his investment.

It was also to explain why it was reported by journos noting it on companies House before the club (because it needed to be finiised quickly with the accounts deadline looming).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Click said:

Not necessarily, I took it as them basically informing Cas fans that the investment of money was included in their current score, so that won't be something that will increase next year. 

The opposite, needs to be in the accounts filed by 30 November or it won't increase next year's score.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gates1 said:

The article states that the investment will be spread on ‘little wins’ relating to improvements on ground facilities over the next year or two.  So, I wonder if this means that club will not be using the £2m Rugby League Resilience Fund from the Council for short term improvements and put the £2m into the pot with the hoped money from Axiom?

But, overall it seems a good outcome for the club.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2023 at 10:46, cookey said:

Any and all 'investment ' in rugby league should be appreciated.

Cas are well behind the eight ball and are desperately in need of improved facilities for players, spectators, sponsors and tv in general.

Finally somebody who can articulate what is needed at Cas without the "chuck them out" "false dawns" " Broken promises" rhetoric.

• Like 2

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Only rugby league can garner so much negativity from a positive news story.

I'm really chuffed with the news and just what we need, sorry if that upsets people

• Like 7

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

On 07/12/2023 at 22:20, Click said:

Some people may also take it as they see the IMG criteria as something they can use to invest more directly into the club and knowing what areas may need fixing. 

Hi Click , investment was added on 30 November 2023 as this was the last date for this year's accounts which will be used for 2024 IMG final scoring at the end of next season . In summary the investment made will count towards next year's grading (final grading for 2024) and not the 2023 indicative gradings which have already been finalised . 

15 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Hi Click , investment was added on 30 November 2023 as this was the last date for this year's accounts which will be used for 2024 IMG final scoring at the end of next season . In summary the investment made will count towards next year's grading (final grading for 2024) and not the 2023 indicative gradings which have already been finalised . 

I think that's correct, but without sustaining (or replacing), that input of cash, Cas will lose those points in the following year.

It also looks highly likely that the cash has gone directly to the Fultons', buying some of their share of the club, and not into the club's coffers. No new shares have been created.

The key, as I'm sure Wakefield are hoping, is that a new, usable facility will generate a substantial income stream.

Cas won't see a new stand for at least 2 years though, at the very best.

24 minutes ago, dboy said:

I think that's correct, but without sustaining (or replacing), that input of cash, Cas will lose those points in the following year.

It also looks highly likely that the cash has gone directly to the Fultons', buying some of their share of the club, and not into the club's coffers. No new shares have been created.

The key, as I'm sure Wakefield are hoping, is that a new, usable facility will generate a substantial income stream.

Cas won't see a new stand for at least 2 years though, at the very best.

Hi dboy , as I understand it , it won't count towards 2025 but any futher investment made from now until November 30 2024 would . I have no idea how much more investment will be made in the future though or when will be best to make it.

I am not in the know , so here's my view on the upgrade/IMG future scoring

I think PP will hopefully be given early 2024 , however the adjustments being made to the ground at the moment ie seat movement and increase in number of seasts will hopefully give us the extra point needed for stadium at the end of the year . This should tie in nicely with upgrade to stadium . PP given early 2024 will allow for arrangements to be made to upgrade the stadium  at end of 2024 with a view to it being ready before end 2026 . If this were the case we would lose a point for facilities in 2025 , unless we moved temporarily away from WR . However ,  with the extra point for stadium and the 7 figure investment plus big screen and LED advertising also adding to our IMG score in 2024 , the hope is that we would be Category A when gradings are awarded for 2025 (ie end 2024) . In achieving this we can stay at WR for stadium development and lose the point for stadium (or any investment made 30 November 2023) as we would be exempt from relegation at the end of 2025 . By end 2026 we should have ground upgraded and any further investment made by Nov 30 2025 would also count towards 2026 grading and hopefully elevate us back to Cat A where we can stay in the future.

This is only my take on it though .

Edited by Taffy Tiger

Only my opinion but all the comments on this thread reinforce my thoughts that IMG system is ruining the game. We have someone willing to join the board of one of our superleague clubs and yet it is all about facilities, accounts and IMG points.

We all go to watch our teams play rugby league on the pitch but there is no talk about players or the future prospects of Cas.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shaw llewellyn said:

Only my opinion but all the comments on this thread reinforce my thoughts that IMG system is ruining the game. We have someone willing to join the board of one of our superleague clubs and yet it is all about facilities, accounts and IMG points.

We all go to watch our teams play rugby league on the pitch but there is no talk about players or the future prospects of Cas.

Where do you even start with that?

34 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Hi dboy , as I understand it , it won't count towards 2025 but any futher investment made from now until November 30 2024 would . I have no idea how much more investment will be made in the future though or when will be best to make it.

I am not in the know , so here's my view on the upgrade/IMG future scoring

I think PP will hopefully be given early 2024 , however the adjustments being made to the ground at the moment ie seat movement and increase in number of seasts will hopefully give us the extra point needed for stadium at the end of the year . This should tie in nicely with upgrade to stadium . PP given early 2024 will allow for arrangements to be made to upgrade the stadium  at end of 2024 with a view to it being ready before end 2026 . If this were the case we would lose a point for facilities in 2025 , unless we moved temporarily away from WR . However ,  with the extra point for stadium and the 7 figure investment plus big screen and LED advertising also adding to our IMG score in 2024 , the hope is that we would be Category A when gradings are awarded for 2025 (ie end 2024) . In achieving this we can stay at WR for stadium development and lose the point for stadium (or any investment made 30 November 2023) as we would be exempt from relegation at the end of 2025 . By end 2026 we should have ground upgraded and any further investment made by Nov 30 2025 would also count towards 2026 grading and hopefully elevate us back to Cat A where we can stay in the future.

This is only my take on it though .

I agree that's what Cas would be hoping for - best case scenario.

However, as of 13th Nov, no new planning docs have been submitted to WMDC Planning and neither the Wheldon Road development, nor the enabling Axiom development are on the agenda for the January planning meeting.

14 minutes ago, dboy said:

I agree that's what Cas would be hoping for - best case scenario.

However, as of 13th Nov, no new planning docs have been submitted to WMDC Planning and neither the Wheldon Road development, nor the enabling Axiom development are on the agenda for the January planning meeting.

AFAIK Axiom have had approval by National Highways for upgrade , who lifted their objections and Wakefield Highways also have no objections to road improvements . This was the last hurdle that Axiom were facing and so PP should be approved early 2024  . This opens the way for Cas funding to be released for the upgrade . I think the only objection to Cas upgrade is from EA , and both Axiom and Cas are working closely with EA to find a solution . Once Axiom PP goes through then I would imagine Cas not to be too far behind . That said , I was also under the impression that our PP was going to be heard in January 2024 , so if you are saying that is not the case then we will have to wait and see . In effect PP could be given later in 2024 and still allow time for Cas to start work and to finish upgrade before end of 2026 season. Iirc Wakey's stand took about 18 months from start to finish . Cas may take longer due to flood issues , but should still be ok hopefully.

52 minutes ago, shaw llewellyn said:

In his Yorkshire Post interview he says, inter alia,

"I'm hoping my investment brings stability to the club and a long-term future, which is having Castleford in Super League."

"If I can put investment in the club so that they can take some bolder decisions, fantastic. Technically, my investment probably does mean the club can spend up to the salary cap."

That's about players and future prospects, isn't it?

I think this is great news for Cas and hence the game.

• Like 3