SuperLeague+ Streaming Platform Launch

3 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Yeah, but the point is this should make it easy in overseas markets rather than people having to use (rights violating) workarounds.

Oh, I agree, especially if no channel is utilising their rights.   Just offering your brother an option so he doesn't miss out.

2 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Yeah, but the point is this should make it easy in overseas markets rather than people having to use (rights violating) workarounds.

It takes time to unpick pre-existing rights agreements. There's things you can do, and then things you can later but just can't quite do yet. Better we at least do what we can today, which we seem to be doing eh.

I agree the communication could be clearer though. 

23 minutes ago, Worzel said:

It takes time to unpick pre-existing rights agreements. There's things you can do, and then things you can later but just can't quite do yet. Better we at least do what we can today, which we seem to be doing eh.

I agree the communication could be clearer though. 

Dont get me wrong I agree - but we are in a position where nobody appears to show the game in the us but we can’t use our streaming platform in that geography. Which is a little bit ridiculous.

I’m a big supporter of this streaming initiative and there are bound to be teething problems. But if you’re going to explicitly launch something as a global platform you should be a bit clearer on where it’s actually available and why.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FearTheVee said:

Dont get me wrong I agree - but we are in a position where nobody appears to show the game in the us but we can’t use our streaming platform in that geography. Which is a little bit ridiculous.

I’m a big supporter of this streaming initiative and there are bound to be teething problems. But if you’re going to explicitly launch something as a global platform you should be a bit clearer on where it’s actually available and why.

I asked for you and the answer was ...

The service is available worldwide except in the following territories: 

Australia
Canada 
USA

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mathius Hellwege said:

Australia
Canada 
USA

Well, anyone with overseas RL contacts outside the above countries should definitely spread the word.

This has all been announced very late for the 2024 season, so maybe some of those remaining rights will get sorted in time for 2025.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Aye, agreed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mathius Hellwege said:

Australia
Canada 
USA

Did they say who has the rights in North America?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Did they say who has the rights in North America?

no, and I relly hope they soon will explain with a good partner like FOXsport or at least CBSsport

But as a German i am really hope, the first time I can donate to the British game since the WCtrip

• Like 8

I've also tried purchasing a subscription from the USA and have been unable to.

Fox Sports owned the rights last season and I believe they still currently do. I have checked and the cheapest way I found to watch it is for a subscription to a bundle that costs $100 a month. I'm not going to do that. But I hope that the rights are reassigned soon.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dave T said:

Funnily enough, there are a small handful of those 1997 games that I'd love to see again! 

It'd be good if they had hour long stories of each season. Surely things like that are relatively cost effective to produce, depending on archive ownership I suppose. 

Yeah, Wigan performed (mostly) well, from memory. I just remember being a kid in the crowd to see the Broncos sleep walk their way to a 70 point win over a clearly hungover Halifax...

3 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Yeah, Wigan performed (mostly) well, from memory. I just remember being a kid in the crowd to see the Broncos sleep walk their way to a 70 point win over a clearly hungover Halifax...

As a Wire fan it was an eye opener taking those hidings, not that we were great that year anyway! 

I remember a small handful of UK wins, by the likes of Oldham and Sheffield as well as Wigan, decent games, but as you say, mainly walkovers. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

As a Wire fan it was an eye opener taking those hidings, not that we were great that year anyway! 

I remember a small handful of UK wins, by the likes of Oldham and Sheffield as well as Wigan, decent games, but as you say, mainly walkovers. 

I think there was a lot of turmoil around then and with the SL changes and season switch only the season before it was a pretty bad year for this to take place for the English clubs. I think Oldham and PSG actually went bust at the end of that season too. I think if this had happened a few years before or after it would have been much closer.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I was at a packed Stoop to see Broncos play both Canberra and then Cronulla (IIRC). Cracking games and amazing atmosphere. Makes you wonder.....

• Like 1

I've just emailed them the following questions, will update when i get a response.

1. Will there be live commentary on the live games?
  2. Will there be instant replays of tries etc. on the live games?
  3. Will there be multi camera angles like a normal game on will it be a two camera setup?
  4. How many devices can each subscription be used on?

Edit:

1. The commentary will be available. 
2. Instant Replays will be there during the live game
3. To check the angles of the cameras, we do have full-game replays available to get an idea of the live coverage
4. You can access it on only one device at a time.

Edited by Tony_T
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Had a quick skim of the thread but didn't see a comment on this. It may be obvious but are the SL POs and GF not available to watch live on SL+?

I suspect they'll be available on demand afterwards.

Edited by Fly-By-TheWire

3 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Had a quick skim of the thread but didn't see a comment on this. It may be obvious but are the SL POs and GF not available to watch live on SL+?

Based on the 167 Live Games strapline, I assume the playoffs are included, which would make sense too. Watch the whole league season and not show the playoffs would be bizarre.

27 rounds x 6 games = 162 matches + 5 playoffs = 167.

12 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Based on the 167 Live Games strapline, I assume the playoffs are included, which would make sense too. Watch the whole league season and not show the playoffs would be bizarre.

That's OK for you abroaders but only 106/167 live in the UK, I think.

30 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

yes, stupid small error in in sum good communication....why stress the 162 when it is obviously 167 games (and miss the most important ones)

4 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

1 hour ago, Fly-By-TheWire said:

I suspect they'll be available on demand afterwards.

It would be rubbish if SL+ didn't have the GF live in the UK. 

• Like 1