SuperLeague+ Streaming Platform Launch

26 minutes ago, Click said:

Wasn't sure what the most appropriate thread for this was, but this is good news:

Good news!

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

42 minutes ago, Damien said:

Talk about never having it so good:

We'll get complaints, you just know it...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seems now the media/broadcast organisation side of things has really been brought up to a standard that makes people want to partner with Super League.

Really great to see and can only help the clubs income streams in the UK and France if they jump at the opportunity to exploit all the extra exposure.

I think we’ve all felt that the players and sport has long deserved a bigger platform and now we appear to be getting it.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Seems now the media/broadcast organisation side of things has really been brought up to a standard that makes people want to partner with Super League.

Really great to see and can only help the clubs income streams in the UK and France if they jump at the opportunity to exploit all the extra exposure.

I think we’ve all felt that the players and sport has long deserved a bigger platform and now we appear to be getting it.

The increased TV offerings are great, the next challenge here is monetising this, because I expect we are giving a lot of content away right now.

Really interested to see where this goes from a financial point of view.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The increased TV offerings are great, the next challenge here is monetising this, because I expect we are giving a lot of content away right now.

Really interested to see where this goes from a financial point of view.

We are for sure and I agree 100%

I suspect though the narrative of a Super League season with careful media management will be much easier to follow now for fans.

If you follow a particular team or latch onto a Super League sports story then we are definitely making it easier to follow now.

Personally I will be interested whether we achieve a coherent presentation now of the season with interesting talking points for the social media age of clips.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yep - easy to broaden coverage if you accept a reduced deal to facilitate filming it and then give it away, but I'm feeling positive about developments.

• Like 3

The best thing I have found for me personally about this whole situation is that now when I talk to people not from the UK, or just not RL fans, I can tell them to watch specific games, etc.

A few days ago I was talking to a Bristol RU fan who is only really aware of Hull FC because of Naulaugo, he is able to follow all Hull FC matches now, rather than only seeing the team every X amount of weeks.

• Like 5

How come I can't subscribe? Is it not available in the USA? I click 'Purchase your pass' and it says ;checkout successful' but then nothing happens. No option to pay. Is it not operational yet?

51 minutes ago, eal said:

How come I can't subscribe? Is it not available in the USA? I click 'Purchase your pass' and it says ;checkout successful' but then nothing happens. No option to pay. Is it not operational yet?

The USA, Canada and Australia are 3 of the countries where this isn't available.

9 hours ago, Damien said:

The USA, Canada and Australia are 3 of the countries where this isn't available.

Of course. Let's hope there is an alternative arrangement for the USA then, or I can fire up the VPN I guess?

47 minutes ago, eal said:

Of course. Let's hope there is an alternative arrangement for the USA then, or I can fire up the VPN I guess?

Not sure that the mods would approve of posting the results of using a VPN for SL+ on this forum, for obvious legal reasons.

But I would be interested to know if it works.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

53 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not sure that the mods would approve of posting the results of using a VPN for SL+ on this forum, for obvious legal reasons.

But I would be interested to know if it works.

It seems to work.

On 04/02/2024 at 05:08, dkw said:

This is usually because someone already owns the broadcasting licence unfortunately. 

Whats odd is they also own the rights to the NRL, but signing up for watchNRL is no problem in the US. Guess its somethings in their respective contracts.